It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Outrageous.

voting has ZERO to do with sports and baseball.

Unfortunately the commissioner pussed out and caved to a narrative that voting rights have been restricted. They havent . Last I checked, every eligible citizen has a right to vote. Still.

Fuck the commissioner and fuck MLB for being dumb.

Last edited by whistler on Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Hadn't heard about this. What does this mean?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:27 pm 

Kill urself

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Good

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I hereby rescind my Rob Manfred thread ( or request the name be changed to “ Do you think Manfred has ever taken a shit in a Georgia voting booth ?) as I can’t take the shame of being on the same side as whistler on an issue.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
badrogue17 wrote:
I hereby rescind my Rob Manfred thread ( or request the name be changed to “ Do you think Manfred has ever taken a shit in a Georgia voting booth ?) as I can’t take the shame of being on the same side as whistler on an issue.

I mean, post a thread about anything and it’s 50/50 whistler or HY will post a thread on the same topic eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:18 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

You say this as if it's a surprise for most around here. You've long since sunk to HY and Whistler levels. Trolling has it's consequences.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

You say this as if it's a surprise for most around here. You've long since sunk to HY and Whistler levels. Trolling has it's consequences.

the lowest level on the forums is your closed minded self.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

the lowest level on the forums is your closed minded self.

Spark up with your crackhead door is. It'll go better for you tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
All-Star Game cancelled, but Braves in World Series. Poetic Justice.

Some great tweets in here:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccado ... 81qOyx3eck

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
The Braves are the state of Georgia?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 am 

Just heard Mully characterize the series as one team being more despicable than the other . I get the Astros cheating thing but wtf have the Braves done to make them “ despicable “

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Just heard Mully characterize the series as one team being more despicable than the other . I get the Astros cheating thing but wtf have the Braves done to make them “ despicable “

Joc Pedersen and Jorge Soler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Atlanta stadium deal is probably the biggest taxpayer screw job in history, not that most stadium deals aren’t.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
KDdidit wrote:
The Atlanta stadium deal is probably the biggest taxpayer screw job in history, not that most stadium deals aren’t.
UNCLE JERRY WOULD LIKE A WORD??

TAXPAYER EXPERT KD likely NEVER has parked at US COMISKULAR STATE OF IL parking lot! Also NEVER had CHURROH or BAKON ON STICK at GAURANTEED STATE OF IL FIELD concessions!

YEP! more like KD DIDN"T!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
KDdidit wrote:

Sure considering they were only in Turner Field for around 20 years. Great that Atlanta was able to reconfigure that stadium for Georgia State Football, but still...a third stadium within 20 years is dumb.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

Last edited by Harvard Dan on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Harvard Dan wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Sure considering they were only in Turner Field for around 20 years. Great Atlanta was able to reconfigure that stadium for Georgia State Football, but still...a third stadium within 20 years is dumb.

Wasn't Turner Field one of the Olympic venues first and then got reconfigured for baseball? So that one is not completely the Braves fault.

I didn't get a chance to go into Truist because the game I was supposed to attend was rained out. But the neighborhood would be like moving the White Sox out to Bolingbrook near the Ikea and the Bass Pro Shop and the dead on arrival Macy's at Boughton/355, throwing in two more hotels and a couple of office parks with extra parking, and declaring victory.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:33 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Wasn't Turner Field one of the Olympic venues first and then got reconfigured for baseball? So that one is not completely the Braves fault.

That was the plan all along. It's not like the Braves got kicked out of Fulton County Stadium and stuck into a track and field stadium against their will. Everyone put money into making it as good as possible and the Braves still ran away from the park because there were too many black people around.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:39 am 

Harvard Dan wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Sure considering they were only in Turner Field for around 20 years. Great that Atlanta was able to reconfigure that stadium for Georgia State Football, but still...a third stadium within 20 years is dumb.

Hell if that idiot city knows anything, it's how to waste money on sports stadiums. Hawks and Falcons have two new ones each in the last quarter century.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:44 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

That was the plan all along. It's not like the Braves got kicked out of Fulton County Stadium and stuck into a track and field stadium against their will. Everyone put money into making it as good as possible and the Braves still ran away from the park because there were too many black people around.

Yeah. That's why. Bernstein logic.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:51 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

He's right this time. The Braves were very vocal about the demographic of their fans and were they are from. Then were always loudly grousing how their fans were afraid of the area. And then set out to build it in an area where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
the Braves still ran away from the park because there were too many black people around.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Like all good baseball fans should!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:00 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

He's right this time. The Braves were very vocal about the demographic of their fans and were they are from. Then were always loudly grousing how their fans were afraid of the area. And then set out to build it in an area where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving.

They got free tax dollars and a new stadium. They had the local governments compete against each other to enrich themselves. That's the number one reason by far why they have a new stadium. The idea that they are scheming in a room to find a location that bus routes can't reach is laughable.

And if fans didn't want to go to the last stadium was it really a crime issue? Or is that just speculation?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:16 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

They got free tax dollars and a new stadium. They had the local governments compete against each other to enrich themselves. That's the number one reason by far why they have a new stadium. The idea that they are scheming in a room to find a location that bus routes can't reach is laughable.

And if fans didn't want to go to the last stadium was it really a crime issue? Or is that just speculation?

The scheming was an open point of conflict in Atlanta. Marta's charter and inability to serve the park was a point that the Braves attempted to ignore for years. It was a clear slap in the face to every Atlanta citizen who didn't want to endure the miserable traffic. And btw, the rail line is clean, efficient and quick. Way back in the eighties it was a fact that the rail line wasn't extended to that then rapidly growing area that MANY wanted to preserve.

And it wasn't a crime issue as much as it's a reflection of the ongoing segregation of the area. It's as much if not more divided than even Chicago. The New South crap has always been a mirage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:15 pm 

I don’t see a shred of evidence beyond wink wink nudge nudge… it’s the South! There is a black female mayor now. And a black mayor ten years prior. To act like it’s still 1970 or even 1990 in Atlanta is crazy.

The team is going to take free money. So while the race story plays, what do you really think motivates baseball owners?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Regular Reader wrote:

And it wasn't a crime issue as much as it's a reflection of the ongoing segregation of the area. It's as much if not more divided than even Chicago.

In the few times I've been to Atlanta (for my son's baseball tourneys), I was astounded at the divide as I would drive around.
There are pockets of wealth that make our North Shore look poor.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Regular Reader wrote:
And then set out to build it in an area where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving.

If there's a book about MARTA, I'll read it. The whole thing was designed not to work. Arguably the entirety of greater Atlanta is "where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving."

But yeah, their park is especially inaccessible by anything but car, and it's by design. They only want you to drive there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
And then set out to build it in an area where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving.

If there's a book about MARTA, I'll read it. The whole thing was designed not to work. Arguably the entirety of greater Atlanta is "where the metro Atlanta buses and train lines are prevented from serving."

But yeah, their park is especially inaccessible by anything but car, and it's by design. They only want you to drive there.

So in addition to being too stupid to work the internet and get voter ids, black people also don’t drive or have cars . Who knew ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:15 pm 

I don’t see a shred of evidence beyond wink wink nudge nudge… it’s the South! There is a black female mayor now. And a black mayor ten years prior. To act like it’s still 1970 or even 1990 in Atlanta is crazy.

The team is going to take free money. So while the race story plays, what do you really think motivates baseball owners?

You clearly know nothing about Atlanta. And while it is money, but the location provided an additional "benefit". You probably thought the stadium sits in Atlanta until today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:17 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

So in addition to being too stupid to work the internet and get voter ids, black people also don’t drive or have cars . Who knew ?

If you can, everyone else can. And then troll in like you do. Stick with your bigoted fans. It's what you do. Congrats.