lost my glove

no autographs

got yelled at by mom in front of people

i yelled hello at mark grace he didmt hear it

Post subject: Re: worst game i wemt to
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The Paniagua Game. He singlehandedly ruined the 2003 season in a third of a inning. The Twins were whipped dogs and that fucker came in and gave them confidence and life. The Sox won that night but things broke bad from there. It didn't help that fans were doing the wave as that douchebag was getting battered.

9-9-03: NEVER FORGET!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Second game of the twilight double header, 7/12/79. Tigers 9, Sox 0.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 pm 

Probably like 97 or 98, whatever year Randy Johnson pitched for the Astros. My wifes boss gave us tickets that were right along the foul line not too far from the Bartman seats down by the bullpen. It was supposed to be Johnson vs. Kerry Wood, but Wood was a late scratch for some minor league kid. The Astros killed the Cubs. On the cool side seeing Johnson pitch in person was amazing. Dude looked like he was 3 ft from the plate when he finished his stride.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
October 20, 2018. U of I vs. UW in Madison.
The weather sucked. It was cold as hell and snowing and graupel was stinging. Badgers kicked the shit out of Illinois like 49 20 or something stupid like that.
And for some reason I can't begin to understand... they boil the goddamn brats up there instead of grilling them. What the fuck is that all about?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Darkside wrote:
The weather sucked. It was cold as hell and snowing and graupel was stinging. Badgers kicked the shit out of Illinois like 49 20 or something stupid like that.
And for some reason I can't begin to understand... they boil the goddamn brats up there instead of grilling them. What the fuck is that all about?

Bucky Badger did 49 pushups.

That woulda been hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i think it was the bears 2002 season ender.... my dad, brother and i drove to Champaign to watch the 4-11 bears take on the 11-4 tampon bay bucs. it was a sunday night game. The Henry Burris led bears managed to score 0 points. Burris was 7-19, 78 yards, 4 INT. The bucs kicked 5 field goals and won 15-0. i think it was the first time the bucs had won a game where the kickoff temp was less than 40 degrees.

edit... i now see this was posted in the mlb section... oh well

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I’m the kiss of death when it comes to live events:

Sox had one playoff loss in 2005–the only game I attended
Bears Super Bowl 2006–I was as wet as if I had swam in the ocean
Bears 2010 NFC Championship loss to Packers
Virtually every Bears/Packers game in the last 20 years—Favre’s opening TD pass to Donald Driver in Champaign may have been the worst
Illini in 2001 Sugar Bowl. Down something like 35-0 at halftime, and surrounded by LSU rubes
More recently, I took my son to Cubs game in 2017–Lester on the mound, should get a win. It was 10-0 in the first inning, the opposing team hit a grand slam, and Lester was pulled in the first inning. Game over after 20 minutes. Had to be his worst start in his entire career.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
NU vs Miami (OH) 1995.. Fucking botched snap... More painful in retrospect but what a gut punch after beating ND in the opener. A botched fucking snap. 21 point 4th quarter lead blown.. Christ. I just read the article.. Apparently 3 bad snaps in game. I had almost blocked it from my memory like the blocked punt at the end of the 2nd that closed the gap to 21-7.

I've never been to a bad baseball game. seen some bad loses but not one that sticks to me. Fergie giving up two homers to the Mets pitcher was something though I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:50 am 

Darkside wrote:

They'll usually boil them in beer and then throw them on the grill to finish them off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i know a guy that grills them, then boils them.

very odd.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Since I missed one home game the White Sox 1969 season

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Only because it's "recent" in memory for me but the Cubs/Sox series two years ago, June at Wrigley. That Gallagher Way entrance was(still is?) so fucked up we were there early but still missed the 1st inning thanks to the security lines. Rizzo hit a first inning home run while we were still outside the park and then the Cubs didn't score again the rest of the game, I think Eloy hit a grand slam that game too, sat next to the most annoying Sux fan you can imagine... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:14 am 
Site Admin

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

That was the first year I can remember as a fan. Wow, did it suck. An inauspicious beginning to the real fandom of young JORR. Manager Don Gutteridge. Duane Josephson behind the plate. Carlos May was a bright spot but then he blew off his fuckin' thumb. To add insult to injury he lost Rookie of the Year to Shithead Piniella even though he was better at everything.

I'm guessing this is from a couple years earlier, 1967. I'm kind of glad I don't remember them blowing the pennant on the last weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:08 pm 

Game two of the '93 ALCS. Was up in the sky suite at the end of the left field line eating great food & beer, but because my aunt invited him, had to sit next to the dull Todd Stroger for seven innings of completely impotent Sox baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Game two of the '93 ALCS. Was up in the sky suite at the end of the left field line eating great food & beer, but because my aunt invited him, had to sit next to the dull Todd Stroger for seven innings of completely impotent Sox baseball.

I was at that one too and it sucked. Everyone on the Sox was pretty hapless except Frank. And even though the Blue Jays didn't score a lot it just seemed like it was impossible to get through that lineup without damage done.

And I remember being pissed that they started the series with McDowell and Fernandez when Alvarez and Bere were so much sharper going into the series. I'm not even sure if Bere got a start. Fuck that "respect the veterans" crap when you haven't won a World Series since 1917.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I was at that one too and it sucked. Everyone on the Sox was pretty hapless except Frank. And even though the Blue Jays didn't score a lot it just seemed like it was impossible to get through that lineup without damage done.

And I remember being pissed that they started the series with McDowell and Fernandez when Alvarez and Bere were so much sharper going into the series. I'm not even sure if Bere got a start. Fuck that "respect the veterans" crap when you haven't won a World Series since 1917.

Bere started game four. He wasn't good. They brought in Belcher who was good. And they won their 2nd in a row in Toronto to even the series. McDowell sucked again in game 5.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That was also the first time in MLB history that a player who had zero regular season HRs hit a HR in the postseason-- Lance Johnson.

The second time that happened was Podsednik in 2005.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:27 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

We were of like minds on that. It was so damn dumb.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

That was the first year I can remember as a fan. Wow, did it suck. An inauspicious beginning to the real fandom of young JORR. Manager Don Gutteridge. Duane Josephson behind the plate. Carlos May was a bright spot but then he blew off his fuckin' thumb. To add insult to injury he lost Rookie of the Year to Shithead Piniella even though he was better at everything.

I'm guessing this is from a couple years earlier, 1967. I'm kind of glad I don't remember them blowing the pennant on the last weekend.

I remember. 8 years old. Then 1968. They were so bad I tried to become a Cub fan. It didn't work. Lesson learned about loyalty. It's innate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:57 am 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
I remember. 8 years old. Then 1968. They were so bad I tried to become a Cub fan.

:lol: Me too. We lived on the North side and all my friends were Cub fans and the Cubs had a good team. I remember putting the "Cub Power" poster up in my bedroom and adopting Santo as a favorite player. That's when my old man really went to work brainwashing me. Needless to say that poster didn't stay up long.