It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
:lol: :lol: WHY ARE PEOPLE IN THE CROWD AT BASEBALL GAMES YELLING ????

Being around drunk suddenly tough guys (& their apologists) just isn't my idea of a good time. But that guys like you seem to have a lot in common with or explanations for people like the Ligues at ballgames speaks volumes.

You are the most hate-filled, irrational person here.

:lol: And this coming from a guy who lives in racially charged threads. When not blowing your Lord and Savior.

Not hate filled or irrational at all. You are in all of the same threads making the same tired points. Here you want to cling to this was racist, while suggesting discussion about it is also racist. It’s pathetic.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Why would a grown man be that desperate for the attention of a mascot?
because his grandchildren were with him and they wanted a picture with the mascot.

So who doesn't walk the kids near the mascot and get an easy ask?

Somebody who is in charge of multiple children and doesn't want to leave them unattended and Walk a section over?

Cmon.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
Y'all dingers crazy having the same damn argument on repeat for like five years running.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's not like I've never heard racist stuff at a ballgame. Just a couple weeks ago a dope sitting behind me in Milwaukee called Kolten Wong a Chinese Cowboy and screamed at Urias about flour tortillas. But I've never heard anyone screaming the particular word in question at a player. Not even in the bleachers at Wrigley and I certainly don't see it coming from a guy sitting right behind the plate with his grandchildren. But like I said, for many, it's too good not to believe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's not like I've never heard racist stuff at a ballgame. Just a couple weeks ago a dope sitting behind me in Milwaukee called Kolten Wong a Chinese Cowboy and screamed at Urias about flour tortillas. But I've never heard anyone screaming the particular word in question at a player. Not even in the bleachers at Wrigley and I certainly don't see it coming from a guy sitting right behind the plate with his grandchildren. But like I said, for many, it's too good not to believe.

I've heard it at both ballparks. Especially when they're in a large drunken homogeneous group and they didn't realize that there were blacks anywhere near. I'll never forget a drunken asshole apologizing profusely to my group at the last Cub Sox game I ever wanted to go to in the stands.

Or the other assholes bent on harassing the hell out of women with no concern for the families in close earshot.

You can have it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:33 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I've heard it at both ballparks. Especially when they're in a large drunken homogeneous group and they didn't realize that there were blacks anywhere near. I'll never forget a drunken asshole apologizing profusely to my group at the last Cub Sox game I ever wanted to go to in the stands.

Or the other assholes bent on harassing the hell out of women with no concern for the families in close earshot.

You can have it.

Was it a hard or soft g?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
To avoid future incidents, the Rockies have changed their mascot's name to Pearl Milling Company.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:01 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
To avoid future incidents, the Rockies have changed their mascot's name to Pearl Milling Company.

They're also renaming Coors Field because all it takes a little line on the tail end of that "r" for things to go off the rails.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:11 pm 

The Great Northern wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

They're also renaming Coors Field because all it takes a little line on the tail end of that "r" for things to go off the rails.

It's really kind of perverse, the things that amuse MANY around here who think they're clever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:13 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

It's really kind of perverse, the things that amuse MANY around here who think they're clever.

You deserve your own bitter old man section.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Well at least they would have a mascot ready….

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:17 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Ahem did you just use a six letter word with two of the same consonants in the middle that also ends in -er? Umm sweaty yikes its 2021.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Name change for Dallas Keuchel?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:24 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Name change for Dallas Keuchel?

They'll come for Sam Coonrod first.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Elaine Benes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Alls well that ends well.

What if he was calling the mascot "the n-word"?

Feed him to Dinger.

Maybe the Dinger ate your baby...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:44 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

You know, I think the point here is (as has been pointed out on this message board recently) that if the facts were reported accurately and the wrong-headed sensationalizing was knocked off then we'd all be better off...this was just lazy reporting or at worst lying and that's how conspiracy theories start...people just not settling on the facts as shown throughout this thread.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Dinger's would make a great name for a grocery store.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Give journalists a break. They had a really bad day today because a gambling company that's also a blog gets to do a baseball webcast. Please give them space and grace.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:52 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Give journalists a break. They had a really bad day today because a gambling company that's also a blog gets to do a baseball webcast. Please give them space and grace.

Thoughts and prayers needed?

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:17 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I post and immediately there you are. Weird that you have this dogged fascination with me. On so many levels.

And have your usual tired, childlike remarks.

Is there anything else in mommy's basement for you to do aside from eating mice and roaches?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bertucci's
They're not booing. They're saying "LOU!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
"Its a problem that this thing can happen" is basically a call to action to nuke free society and replace it with something so dystopian we don't even have a word for it yet.

How about dystopian?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:03 am 

pizza_Place: joes pizza
oh ffs just make it end already

https://twitter.com/7SportsXtra/status/ ... 0902785027

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:05 am 

Did we check this guy's social media posts from the past 15 years to be sure?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
thomas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
We have a guy here who still believes Jussie Smollett was attacked by MAGA.

Not to be critical of you, but if you'd ban posters from Bureau County, we'd have a lot less of this insanity around here.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Googled Bureau County. I don't know why. What's Aliceville like? Bunch of Alices move there in 1802?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:32 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You can have it.

I came of age in the late '70s and admittedly Comiskey was pretty racist during the Veeck years. Embarrassingly so. way, Way, WAY too drunky in the stands.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You can have it.

I came of age in the late '70s and admittedly Comiskey was pretty racist during the Veeck years. Embarrassingly so. way, Way, WAY too drunky in the stands.

True. But even then I never heard anyone screaming that word at the top of his lungs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Nardi wrote:
Googled Bureau County. I don't know why. What's Aliceville like? Bunch of Alices move there in 1802?

That's where Ralph Kramden knocked his wife. Didn't have the strength to send her all the way to the moon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:14 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Is there a better candidate for dumbest story of the year?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next