It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Just a plug in the middle of this argument for a visit to the Negro Leagues Museum in Kansas City. I didn't manage to get there while Buck O'Neil was still alive, but I have been there a couple of times since. I'm planning to go again on my next trip to KC, probably this spring.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:01 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Just a plug in the middle of this argument for a visit to the Negro Leagues Museum in Kansas City. I didn't manage to get there while Buck O'Neil was still alive, but I have been there a couple of times since. I'm planning to go again on my next trip to KC, probably this spring.

I was really hoping that my oldest was gonna get the job he wanted in KC. I had big plans for that.. and BBQ. Plus the job paid more.

But as it stands, it's starting to look like I'll be a Nashville resident sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:35 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

I was really hoping that my oldest was gonna get the job he wanted in KC. I had big plans for that.. and BBQ. Plus the job paid more.

But as it stands, it's starting to look like I'll be a Nashville resident sooner rather than later.

Southwest flies between Nashville and KC. Make your son pay for your travel a few times a year as his punishment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Regular Reader wrote:

so you are moving w/ your son to his work location? tell me more? I've heard parents with grown age kids are doing this more and more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:56 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

so you are moving w/ your son to his work location? tell me more? I've heard parents with grown age kids are doing this more and more.

@Chet I will think about that :lol:

And HY I've been told that is what he wants. So maybe between there and LA in the winter will work for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Regular Reader wrote:
If you won't vote for Bonds, I can't see justifying a vote for Ortiz.

I was in the car Saturday morning and heard Levine and Haugh justify this very thing. Fucking Ortiz is going in, but not Bonds.

Absolutely ridiculous. I don't lose any sleep over the steroid guys being left out, not would I care if they're voted in. What I do know is if there's only one player for the steroid era that goes in it's Barry Bonds.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm 

I'm ok with Bonds going in. He was already HOF first ballot when McGwire and Sosa went nuts and he felt slighted. And even adjusting for steroids, his 7-year initial stretch starting with his first MVP (so 1990-1996) was over 50 bWAR including the strike shortened 1994 and 1995 seasons. And he was even a plus fielder in LF.

The video game numbers at the end was one of the key things to eventually make people stop and address steroids. 232 walks in 2004 vs 238 AB without a hit... that is robotic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
The 120 IBB in 2004 is absurd. One of those records that is never going to be broken. He was put on base on purpose in nearly 20% of his at bats that year. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:30 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
The 120 IBB in 2004 is absurd. One of those records that is never going to be broken. He was put on base on purpose in nearly 20% of his at bats that year. :lol:

And iirc a couple were with the bases loaded.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:01 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

And iirc a couple were with the bases loaded.

Still...that was his steroid era days.

Bonds started steroids prior to the '99 season. Up through 1998, the guy had 411 home runs and over 400 stolen bases. His WAR was already over 100. He absolutely proved a point with the steroids. I don't agree with his decision, but it's understandable and the guy was already a hall of famer. He's the only one that it's a no-doubter. He goes in.....and I'm of the many that thinks Bonds is a jagoff.

David Ortiz....sorry....I don't care what Manfred or anyone else says. I believe he juiced.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The problem is they've already voted juicers in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:35 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The problem is they've already voted juicers in.

yeah, there's at lest three.

Bonds has to go in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:45 pm 

Announcement in about 2 more hours. MLB Network carrying it. Online too : https://www.mlb.com/network

If they say off the bat there is 1 inductee - it's Big Papi. Two - Big Papi and Schilling. Three - won't happen but Big Papi, Schilling, and Bonds

update - ok i saw schilling is no where close on the unofficial ballot. so probably just big papi gets in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
If Bonds and Clemens don't get in this year, they're done...right? (Unless/until they get the Santo/Baines treatment.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:16 pm 

Only Big Papi got in - official

Bonds/Clemens go to the old timers vote which means they'll never get in while alive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:22 pm 

schilling only 58 percent after 71 percent last time.

more woke voters?

bonds 66%
clemens 65%

--

Vote totals:
David Ortiz 307 (77.9%), Barry Bonds 260 (66.0), Roger Clemens 257(65.2), Scott Rolen 249 (63.2), Curt Schilling 231 (58.6), Todd Helton 205 (52.0), Billy Wagner 201 (51.0), Andruw Jones 163 (41.4), Gary Sheffield 160 (40.6), Álex Rodríguez 135 (34.3), Jeff Kent 129 (32.7), Manny Ramírez 114 (28.9), Omar Vizquel 94 (23.9), Sammy Sosa 73 (18.5), Andy Pettitte 42 (10.7), Jimmy Rollins 37 (9.4), Bobby Abreu 34 (8.6), Mark Buerhle 23 (5.8), Torii Hunter 21 (5.3), Joe Nathan 17 (4.3), Tim Hudson 12 (3.0), Tim Lincecum 9 (2.3), Ryan Howard 8 (2.0), Mark Teixeira 6 (1.5), Justin Morneau 5 (1.3), Jonathan Papelbon 5 (1.3), Prince Fielder 2 (0.5), A.J. Pierzynski 2 (0.5), Carl Crawford 0, Jake Peavy 0.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:25 pm 

ortiz interview next

watch live

https://www.mlb.com/news/baseball-hall- ... 022-voting

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
How the fuck you put in Ortiz and not Bonds and Clemens? Ortiz was just as juiced as those guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
KDdidit wrote:
How the fuck you put in Ortiz and not Bonds and Clemens? Ortiz was just as juiced as those guys.

Ortiz played the media game and they love his mascot antics. The system has always had a somewhat unfair human element.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:39 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

pretty easy - don't be a dick to the writers. Barry was a huge asshole and Clemens was an arrogant sob as well.

these writers are one of the pettiest people that live on the face of the earth. you look at them the wrong way 32 years ago they'll remember that.

The only ones more petty than writers are the old time hall of fame committee. Now their fates lie in those people's hands. So it'll never happen. Look what they did to Ron Santo. Purposely waited until after he died to vote him in .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
The baseball hall of fame is a goddamn joke, Ortiz was every bit as juiced as the other roiders on the ballot yet he gets in because the writers liked him. Manny Ramirez was a better player than Ortiz, yet he cannot get in, not to mention Bonds and Clemens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:44 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
The baseball hall of fame is a goddamn joke, Ortiz was every bit as juiced as the other roiders on the ballot yet he gets in because the writers liked him. Manny Ramirez was a better player than Ortiz, yet he cannot get in, not to mention Bonds and Clemens.

They also let Bagwell in in 2017 and he also did roids.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 pm 

Rogers Clemens response :

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
HawaiiYou wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:

They also let Bagwell in in 2017 and he also did roids.

The writers have made it completely useless with the ridiculous way they've voted, as useless as the basketball hall of fame which anybody can get in to. It's become a complete popularity contest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:53 pm 

Schilling reaction :

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:58 am 

Konerko snubbed again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:38 am 

I don't care about Clemens...as I posted earlier....The point in Bonds career where he went to steroids is blatantly obvious and documented. He was a HOFer before steroids. It's not even debaable.

Sportswriters (especially baseball) are insufferable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:37 am 

BigW72 wrote:
I don't care about Clemens...as I posted earlier....The point in Bonds career where he went to steroids is blatantly obvious and documented. He was a HOFer before steroids. It's not even debaable.

Sportswriters (especially baseball) are insufferable.

What these boobs don't realize is that they themselves are killing baseball with this crap. People who still cared about the nostalgia and the special play on the field are even being turned off further.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:
Konerko snubbed again.
Can you blame the writers? He wasn't even as good as Bryan Lahair for a third of a season!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Scott Rolen only 2% behind Clemens and 3% behind Bonds and 35% ahead of Manny. Gary Sheffield behind Todd Helton. Bizzaro world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next