It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: 2022 Regular Season
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Good matchup tonight...Verlander and the Astros vs Syndergaard and the Angels. Will Mike Trout make it through a season?

Post subject: Re: 2022 Regular Season
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
played the angels tonight - pick em game and syndergaard exceeded expectations. trout homered...ohtani quiet. played the cards, easy win. i lost minnesota (-35) - they gave up 2 runs in the top of the 9th to seattle. when you can't hit and your reliever...well, maybe the twins will be in the dumps again. their fans turned on them after the 9th inning collapse. i also played the over in the toronto/texas game, loser. kicked myself for not taking the rockies today.

still lots of low scoring games, i believe the cubs game was the only game today to go over. woodruff was only -55, glad i didn't take the brewers. mets off to a good start...thinking the nationals have soto and no one else. nelson cruz is 41, 42???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:54 am 

going to play the white sox today - like them against a detroit lefty. also looking to take the nationals and cleveland in the early games. lots of games will be 2-1 or greater today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:54 pm 

excellent day, 3-0 and i took the giants in a pick for the 3 pm game. whenever i see a lefty against the sox, you have to consider it. old man nelson cruz comes through in the 8th for the sad nationals (+20 today).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:59 pm 

It's so MLB, postpone Opening Day to Tiger Woods at the Masters time, the end of March Madness, a brief window with only the NBA playoffs and then the NFL Draft.

Ratings will be as solid as national coverage is. Dumbasses.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Yanks looking for the sweep vs BoSox.

Good game.

Tied at 3.

Tune in on ESPN!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:30 am 

played the yanks (-45) last night and was really impressed with 2 of boston's relievers. i had 2 previous games to take the yankees, i waited until they lost to boston. yankees outhit boston 11-5, couldn't get clutch hits. the boston reliever in the 9th struck out the side - judge/stanton/gallo. i watch some of these relievers and i come back to the cubs winning 75 games because their bullpen is brutal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:48 am 

looking to play texas today and likely later, the angels. waiting for ohtani and trout to start smashing the ball around. the tigers could be a play too....ex card wacha taking the mound for the red sox today. if detroit is a club to be reckoned with, time to start showing it.

good baseball day yesterday; 4-1, lost the yanks late and looking to start the new week on the right foot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:25 pm 

texas bullpen lets me down. corey seager looks like an double A ss, not a former dodger champion. rockies getting surprisingly good pitching. lose texas, won the tigers...boston looking toothless. homer or nothing. took oakland at +90, looking good, rays starting pitcher out after 2 batters.

took the philles at -40 and watching schwarber with his umpiring is irritating. just like his bad years with the cubs. 2 Ks..passive-aggressive games with the home plate ump. phillies down, need them to come back. phillies have a strong line up - you feel like you're never out of it, but the mets have them handcuffed.

thought about the angels, trout out. may still take them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
KDdidit wrote:

That's fantastic.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:34 pm 

philadelphia freedom...shine your light. phillies with the comeback, a 5 run 8th. love it. castellanos racing home from 1st base on a double with 2 outs to tie the game. mets stunned.

trout out, didn't take the angels, took the under of 9 instead. no trout? 4 runs in 2 innings for the angels. prob need the angels to shut out miami for the under. regardless, will be a plus day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:17 am 

It's a tough row to hoe making plays on baseball every day. I had the greatest run of my life with baseball but generally it seems like a way to lose money

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:32 am 

of course, i've been around the block. the past 3 months have been a great stretch, a few more 4 digit weeks and this will be my best run ever.

i had some luck yesterday - got the under (9) in the angels/marlins game after 4 runs in the first 2 innings, the phillies (-40) came back and the tigers (pick em) scored 2 in the 8th to win. oakland (+90) won the game the first 2 innings while i lost a tough texas (-35) game. if texas, with a 3-1 lead in the 7th, wins...i'm up 4 digits on a sleepy monday.

not posting to brag, posted many of my college and pro plays and a poster doubted i had built up a stash for baseball. i post to get others' opinions on the games, no one really responding - so, i'll post to get a few out of the weeds when i go on a losing streak. i was off yesterday, so, easy to play and then post.

i'm not afraid to take shit teams, especially at home. baltimore was calling yesterday, i didn't play them. even the shittiest team will win close to 50% of it's home games - since they are usually dogs, it pays to play them at home, over the long haul. at this moment, waiting for corbin burnes to get his chance again and take the brewers against the orioles tomorrow. i believe 42 y/o rich hill is pitching for the red sox today - likely take detroit again.

good luck if you play on occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:50 am 

on that note, I like the Tigers at home +105 against a red sox team that hasn't left spring training yet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:56 am 

i like it...baseball is a game of streaks, isn't it? time for the tigers to rip off 5 wins? baez getting hot? i also like the tigers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
of course, i've been around the block. the past 3 months have been a great stretch, a few more 4 digit weeks and this will be my best run ever.

i had some luck yesterday - got the under (9) in the angels/marlins game after 4 runs in the first 2 innings, the phillies (-40) came back and the tigers (pick em) scored 2 in the 8th to win. oakland (+90) won the game the first 2 innings while i lost a tough texas (-35) game. if texas, with a 3-1 lead in the 7th, wins...i'm up 4 digits on a sleepy monday.

not posting to brag, posted many of my college and pro plays and a poster doubted i had built up a stash for baseball. i post to get others' opinions on the games, no one really responding - so, i'll post to get a few out of the weeds when i go on a losing streak. i was off yesterday, so, easy to play and then post.

i'm not afraid to take shit teams, especially at home. baltimore was calling yesterday, i didn't play them. even the shittiest team will win close to 50% of it's home games - since they are usually dogs, it pays to play them at home, over the long haul. at this moment, waiting for corbin burnes to get his chance again and take the brewers against the orioles tomorrow. i believe 42 y/o rich hill is pitching for the red sox today - likely take detroit again.

good luck if you play on occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Yu Darvish tonight. 9 runs in less than 2 innings.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:14 pm 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:

Damn! And I thought there was a universal designated hitter!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:01 am 

lost 1 unit on the tigers (pick)...up 3-0 early, tigers couldn't get another run. lost 2 units and another unit on juice losing the phillies (-50). went to the well once again, came up empty. the mets with 3 hits and the phillies lose. take out the 8th inning last night, and schwarber, realmuto, harper, segura, rhys-hopkins and castellanos have 0 runs in 17 innings - at home, against the mets. these guys are turning into the late 2010's cubs.

too scared to take the phillies tomorrow - they are not hitting and i believe scherzer is pitching for the mets.

looking at the brewers tomorrow and maybe, the reds.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:53 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
lost 1 unit on the tigers (pick)...up 3-0 early, tigers couldn't get another run. lost 2 units and another unit on juice losing the phillies (-50). went to the well once again, came up empty. the mets with 3 hits and the phillies lose. take out the 8th inning last night, and schwarber, realmuto, harper, segura, rhys-hopkins and castellanos have 0 runs in 17 innings - at home, against the mets. these guys are turning into the late 2010's cubs.

too scared to take the phillies tomorrow - they are not hitting and i believe scherzer is pitching for the mets.

Tigers are still very week in the bullpen. Mental note that they are only a F5 team when they are a play. The lineup is good enough to be competitive and some of the starters are emerging.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Darkside wrote:
whitesoxfanfrank wrote:

Damn! And I thought there was a universal designated hitter!

You were funnier when you logged in as JAGG.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:11 am 

good dolphin wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

Tigers are still very week in the bullpen. Mental note that they are only a F5 team when they are a play. The lineup is good enough to be competitive and some of the starters are emerging.

no doubt, but the favorable pitching match-up at those odds in detroit..along with the red sox having some holes. disappointing that the tigers, at home, couldn't score another run after getting 3 early runs.

phillies were a disappointment. mets got 3 hits and won in philly. is this the mets' 1969 pitching staff? phillies are small favorites today, i might play them. had circled the brewers game today, 2 days ago. brewers are around -180. we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:10 am 

Is "motherfucker" now a racist term?

Quote:
San Francisco Giants coach Antoan Richardson, whose ejection Tuesday led to Alyssa Nakken's historic coaching debut, has accused San Diego Padres coach Mike Shildt of yelling an expletive at him that "reeked undertones of racism."

Richardson, who is Black, provided a lengthy explanation for his third-inning ejection after San Francisco's 13-2 victory over San Diego. The Giants first-base coach said the incident started when Shildt, who is the Padres' third-base coach, approached San Francisco's dugout.

After a brief exchange between the coaches, Richardson said Shildt, who is white, yelled, "You need to control that motherf---er" to the Giants' dugout, which prompted Richardson's reaction and ultimately his ejection by umpire Greg Gibson.

"[Shildt] yelled, 'You need to control that motherf---er,'" Richardson told reporters. "At that point in time, I went to the top step and said, 'Excuse me?' because I couldn't believe what I heard. At that point in time, Gibson, the crew chief, decided to toss me from the game.

"I say this because his words were disproportionately unwarranted and reeked undertones of racism when he referred to me as 'that motherf---er,' as if I was to be controlled or a piece of property or enslaved. I think it's just really important we understand what happened tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:06 am 

Oh, we understand...maybe not like you think we do.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:21 am 

took the twins (+70), the tigers (+15), phillies (pick), cinci (-30) and the under (9) in the cubs. if we have a plus early afternoon, then the brewers tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Shildt will apologize for something he didn't do, and take sensitivity classes, or he'll lose his job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:19 pm 

Kershaw pulled with a perfect game through 7.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:20 pm 

Kershaw with a perfect game through 7 innings, on 80 pitches, and was pulled.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:21 pm 

casual fan wrote:
Kershaw with a perfect game through 7 innings, on 80 pitches, and was pulled.

That's stupid. Wtf?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next