It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: 2022 MLB Postseason
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Rob Thomson may be wishing he had waited before signing a contract extension.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Both LCS finish Sunday. I know it's all set up ahead of time and would be impossible to change but 4 days to the WS is too long in between. Both pitching staffs are fresh with no bearing on how staffs were used in the LCS, and hitters cold or hot streaks get to click refesh buttons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
vitoscotti wrote:
Both LCS finish Sunday. I know it's all set up ahead of time and would be impossible to change but 4 days to the WS is too long in between. Both pitching staffs are fresh with no bearing on how staffs were used in the LCS, and hitters cold or hot streaks get to click refesh buttons.

I don't expect this to be close at all. Philly just doesn't have the pitching depth compared to Houston.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I don't expect this to be close at all. Philly just doesn't have the pitching depth compared to Houston.

Baseball playoffs are different. Weird shit happens all the time. The Dodgers should have more than a covid World Series.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Don't let Harper beat you up. That's all there is to it. Pitch to him when it's right and don't when it's wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:52 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Phillies in 6. Babe MVP.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:56 am 

I just feel teams laid down for Philly. Astros will truly test them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:59 am 

BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I don't think Philly has the bullpen that Houston does, but I'd be fine with the Philly side of 1-2-3 in the rotation compared to Houston.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
One Post wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I don't think Philly has the bullpen that Houston does, but I'd be fine with the Philly side of 1-2-3 in the rotation compared to Houston.

THey don't have the luxury of 4 solid starters. We saw the bullpen game against SD. Houston doesn't have to have a bullpen game.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:43 am 

BigW72 wrote:
One Post wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

THey don't have the luxury of 4 solid starters. We saw the bullpen game against SD. Houston doesn't have to have a bullpen game.

86 win teams with The Vibe always drive me nuts. Put them in the dirt and let 'em know they're not getting 1-2 fastballs down broadway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:25 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
One Post wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

One could argue that Wheeler and Nola are the two best starters left in the playoffs, that's who is going on regular rest for Philly in games one and two. If Houston doesn't watch out, they could be down 0-2 headed to Philly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Grandpa Rossy's "high baseball IQ, quality human" lowly Cubs swept the Phillies 6-0 holding them to only 10 runs total in '22.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8