It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: MLB hot stove
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Yankees with a massive overpay for Rizzo. If I'm Abreu, I'd keep playing even if I get a deal just equal to Rizzo's deal. Too much money to pass up. Abreu deserves more but don't know that the market is there.

Post subject: Re: MLB hot stove
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Terrible move, I understood the trade for him but they shouldn't have even had him on their roster this year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:24 am 

Did the Giants not think Joc Pederson would take their 1 year 19 million qualifying offer.

I don't think he could make that on a three year deal in the open market.

Maybe this is just going to be an expensive free agency year for teams.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
good dolphin wrote:
Did the Giants not think Joc Pederson would take their 1 year 19 million qualifying offer.

I don't think he could make that on a three year deal in the open market.

Maybe this is just going to be an expensive free agency year for teams.

That's another one I don't get. Not a big fan of paying corner outfielders and 1st basemen big money. Bryce Harper type talents would be the exception.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I'd pay Contreras. He's a tick above average behind the plate and will give you close to a .800 OPS. These guys don't grow on trees.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
yeah, contreras' shortcoming of poor framework will be obsolete anyhow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Sox could use a catcher who intermittently cares about playing. Give him as much of Jerry’s money as he’d like.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:51 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Sox could use a catcher who intermittently cares about playing. Give him as much of Jerry’s money as he’d like.

Zeby or Seby or whatever his name is doesn't do it for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:

Is that the guy what hit all them dingers to start the COVID year?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:24 pm 

I just love how the New York teams are being investigated for collusion over Aaron Judge.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:51 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Is that the guy what hit all them dingers to start the COVID year?

Beats me. I do remember that other guy, Dropsmani Grandal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's

Supposedly interested in the A's Sean Murphy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:23 pm 

They'll want Colas... so forget it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nardi wrote:

He's got multiple years of control left, so they are going to want something decent back for him. Plus, he seems decent, but not great. I hope they don't make that deal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Regular Reader wrote:
I just love how the New York teams are being investigated for collusion over Aaron Judge.

Seems like a stretch, something Judge's agent is pushing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:55 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

He's got multiple years of control left, so they are going to want something decent back for him. Plus, he seems decent, but not great. I hope they don't make that deal.

I've always found the Sox need to give up prospects for veterans when there are comparable free agents just sitting there for the taking to be frustrating.

They saved hundreds of millions during the tank. They said the Machado money would be spent. Now, when we finally get to the open window of opportunity, its a budget compartmentalized by year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:40 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Seems like a stretch, something Judge's agent is pushing.

The Mets are too smart to bid on Judge, whoever inks that deal is going to get buttfucked

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I've always found the Sox need to give up prospects for veterans when there are comparable free agents just sitting there for the taking to be frustrating.

They saved hundreds of millions during the tank. They said the Machado money would be spent. Now, when we finally get to the open window of opportunity, its a budget compartmentalized by year.

Yep. That's why I NEVER support tanking. They wasted six summers of my life losing on purpose with the promise that good things were to come. "Please, just wait." Now we've got a busted rebuild and a refusal to spend what is required to fix it. They have a lot of balls calling and emailing me everyday to buy tickets. I've about had it with the White Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yep. That's why I NEVER support tanking. They wasted six summers of my life losing on purpose with the promise that good things were to come. "Please, just wait." Now we've got a busted rebuild and a refusal to spend what is required to fix it. They have a lot of balls calling and emailing me everyday to buy tickets. I've about had it with the White Sox.

As opposed to the Rios / Dunn / LaRoche years where it was clear the team was mediocre but they had a decent payroll?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

There is a thread on another message board about season ticket. The amount of dumb fucks on there saying, Of course I am going to give the Sox my money.....Is why nothing will change.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

As opposed to the Rios / Dunn / LaRoche years where it was clear the team was mediocre but they had a decent payroll?

There's a big difference between bad signings and losing on purpose.

The Sox made us eat kale for six years with the promise of ice cream. It's time for dessert and they're serving more kale.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The Sox made us eat kale for six years with the promise of ice cream. It's time for dessert and they're serving more kale.

I hear ya....I just hated those teams. I'd rather watch a prospect give up 7 runs over 2 innings than a washed up John Danks making millions. When they signed Dunn and LaRoche it was like "really? That's the answer?"
ugh.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The writing was on the wall the year before last when they were .500 the second half and were blasted out in the first round. What did they accomplish that offseason? And so far this off season, we're down a 1st Baseman. I know this sounds like what a know nothing idiot fan would say, but losing Machado and McCann was a key turning point. It really took the air out of my tires.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Why did the Angels trade for Urshela? Is Rendon still hurt? Another disastrous contract.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Why did the Angels trade for Urshela? Is Rendon still hurt? Another disastrous contract.

That one puzzled me as well. Could be that Rendon has to move to 2B in the long run if he is having trouble throwing.

Then again trying to make sense of anything the Angels do besides wasting the career of superstars is always a challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Astros owner hates analytics after having unprecedented success while using analytics.

https://sports.yahoo.com/have-we-been-w ... 17744.html

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:18 pm 

Yanks offer 8-300 to Judge, hope he takes it.. they will regret signing that in less than 3 years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Yanks offer 8-300 to Judge, hope he takes it.. they will regret signing that in less than 3 years.

I think that's a team friendly deal if he's good. Ohtani and Soto should get about $50M a year or more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

I think that's a team friendly deal if he's good. Ohtani and Soto should get about $50M a year or more.

It may be heavily incentive laden to protect against an arm injury, but Ohtani is going to get 7/400. If he settled for $30M in arbitration this year, paying him $60M isn't outrageous for a #2 starter and MLBs best DH.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Nas wrote:
312player wrote:

It may be heavily incentive laden to protect against an arm injury, but Ohtani is going to get 7/400. If he settled for $30M in arbitration this year, paying him $60M isn't outrageous for a #2 starter and MLBs best DH.

Agreed. I would argue he's worth every penny. He's easily the most valuable player in baseball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next