It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
https://streamable.com/gvgigh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:29 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I can't believe the Red Sox won a game because someone got penalized for standing around doing nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
It actually ended in a tie. Spring games can play the 10th, or both managers can agree to end it after 9.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I'm digging the pitch clock two games into spring training. It really moves the game along. Can't wait for the unintended consequences to rear their ugly head during the regular season. I hope this isn't subject to replay. Stolen bases will be up as runners time their move based on the clock reaching zero. Especially when the pitcher is out of "disengagements".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Franky T wrote:
I'm digging the pitch clock two games into spring training. It really moves the game along. Can't wait for the unintended consequences to rear their ugly head during the regular season. I hope this isn't subject to replay. Stolen bases will be up as runners time their move based on the clock reaching zero. Especially when the pitcher is out of "disengagements".

We need to get back to that type of baseball. And if this clock stuff gets us there, I am for it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
so far with pitch clock the games have cut half hour off. averaging around 2 hours 30 min. I'm all for that!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Fuck. Yes!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. Are batters allowed to call time out like they've always been able to do? For whatever reason but especially if they get something in their eye and really need a time out. If they are allowed time outs does the pitch clock reset or is the clock just stopped and resumed from where it was?

2. Is a pitcher allowed to step off the mound which is basically a pitchers time out. Like when there is a guy at 2nd and the signs are changed. And the pitcher sometimes steps off to go through the signs again cuz he's confused?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The players have gotten so soft with guaranteed big money, then crying they're abused during the lockout. Unimaginable amount of IL days for even the minor of injuries unheard of in the past. It'll be great to see the big babies squeezed with the pitch clock. Interesting if they use the victim card claiming it's causing injuries like the lockout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:44 am 

Beardown wrote:
1. Are batters allowed to call time out like they've always been able to do? For whatever reason but especially if they get something in their eye and really need a time out. If they are allowed time outs does the pitch clock reset or is the clock just stopped and resumed from where it was?

2. Is a pitcher allowed to step off the mound which is basically a pitchers time out. Like when there is a guy at 2nd and the signs are changed. And the pitcher sometimes steps off to go through the signs again cuz he's confused?

1. Yes, I believe they get one time out per at bat. The ump can stop the clock if the player has something in his eye or fouls the ball off his foot or something.

2. Pitchers can step off the mound twice per inning I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

1. Yes, I believe they get one time out per at bat. The ump can stop the clock if the player has something in his eye or fouls the ball off his foot or something.

Also... aren't they using electronic communications between pitcher and catcher so there's less need to be confused by the signs?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:55 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Also... aren't they using electronic communications between pitcher and catcher so there's less need to be confused by the signs?

Most teams are. All probably will now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This is good stuff! Don't ease up on 'em.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:20 pm 

This pitch clock is awesome.