It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Nas wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
I’m not saying anyone should be fired. I’m saying courtesy dictates that if you slip up and say something like that even accidentally, you say “I’m sorry” and the other party typically offers forgiveness. I complimented the gentleman from the museum for offering that.

Even if someone doesn't accept, it cost you nothing to say you made a mistake. I'm not sure what world folks are living in where they don't think anyone should apologize if they did something accidentally.

What is the point of apologizing if he got fired anyway?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He's suspended for now, and hasn't been officially fired yet. I'm sure you never apologize for anything because you're too dumb to realize everything you do and say is wrong.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
I’m not saying anyone should be fired. I’m saying courtesy dictates that if you slip up and say something like that even accidentally, you say “I’m sorry” and the other party typically offers forgiveness. I complimented the gentleman from the museum for offering that.

Even if someone doesn't accept, it cost you nothing to say you made a mistake. I'm not sure what world folks are living in where they don't think anyone should apologize if they did something accidentally.

We can't control the politics or actions of others.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:51 am 

I really cannot believe some are arguing he should say "Yeah, I said it and I won't apologize for saying it".

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:52 am 

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

Usually, how it works in these cases, the person apologizes and then it's everyone moves on as normal.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:52 am 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
I really cannot believe some are arguing he should say "Yeah, I said it and I won't apologize for saying it".

Some believe you're tough if you never admit you are wrong about anything. It's actually a sign of weakness.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
But he shouldn't need to be forgiven. He didn't use a slur. Unless you really believe he called it the N*gger League Museum. I find that preposterous. More likely he just pronounced "Negro" in a way that could be seized upon. But I have been told "negro" is a slur. So who knows?

I don't believe he did it on purpose either, but certainly he should apologize for it. People do and say stupid shit all the time that is unintentional that is still worthy of an apology.

But don't you think that's kind of silly? If he was talking about a woman named Sally Kant and happened to say her name so it sounded like Sally C*nt, do you think he should have to apologize to keep his job, to not be considered a sick misogynist? Apologizing makes it seem like you said something wrong rather than just tripping over your tongue or using an odd pronunciation.

Victor Davis Hanson says "nucular" all the time and he's as educated as a person can be. All kinds of people use odd pronunciations. I'm sorry that we've turned one single word into such a taboo that a guy who says "Negruh League Museum" on TV is considered a Grand Wizard.

If you make a mistake, whether it is intentional or not, it's okay to apologize. We all fuck up. In general, it won't hurt anyone to acknowledge an error. It says a lot about how fragile someone's ego is when they can't do it.

What mistake do you think he made though? Do you really think he was saying the word some are alleging he was saying? I just don't believe that.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:55 am 

Brick wrote:

If he apologized, how come he still got fired? Something's missing

Site Admin

Brick wrote:

Who is arguing that?

100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Nas wrote:

Usually, how it works in these cases, the person apologizes and then it's everyone moves on as normal.

Again, we can't control the actions of others. He controlled what he could. He accidentally said something, and he acknowledged it. Hopefully, he'll still have his job tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:56 am 

Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

Some believe you're tough if you never admit you are wrong about anything. It's actually a sign of weakness.

I had to apologize because the actor who played a person I chose for my screen name said it. If that happened now I would probably be cancelled.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:57 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

He may or may not get fired. I don't think most people think he should get fired.

If he doesn't apologize for his mistake there will be a lot less sympathy for him.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:57 am 

Brick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

He may or may not get fired. I don't think most people think he should get fired.

If he doesn't apologize for his mistake there will be a lot less sympathy for him.

Indefinity suspended is pretty much fired

Last edited by Caller Bob on Mon May 08, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
But he shouldn't need to be forgiven. He didn't use a slur. Unless you really believe he called it the N*gger League Museum. I find that preposterous. More likely he just pronounced "Negro" in a way that could be seized upon. But I have been told "negro" is a slur. So who knows?

I don't believe he did it on purpose either, but certainly he should apologize for it. People do and say stupid shit all the time that is unintentional that is still worthy of an apology.

But don't you think that's kind of silly? If he was talking about a woman named Sally Kant and happened to say her name so it sounded like Sally C*nt, do you think he should have to apologize to keep his job, to not be considered a sick misogynist? Apologizing makes it seem like you said something wrong rather than just tripping over your tongue or using an odd pronunciation.

Victor Davis Hanson says "nucular" all the time and he's as educated as a person can be. All kinds of people use odd pronunciations. I'm sorry that we've turned one single word into such a taboo that a guy who says "Negruh League Museum" on TV is considered a Grand Wizard.

If you make a mistake, whether it is intentional or not, it's okay to apologize. We all fuck up. In general, it won't hurt anyone to acknowledge an error. It says a lot about how fragile someone's ego is when they can't do it.

What mistake do you think he made though? Do you really think he was saying the word some are alleging he was saying? I just don't believe that.

No rational person is claiming he said the word intentionally. A word came out differently than he intended. Someone in the studio told him what it sounded like, and he apologized. If the clip someone posted is accurate, he's made the mistake in the past.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

I had to apologize because the actor who played a person I chose for my screen name said it. If that happened now I would probably be cancelled.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I remember that. Kramer should make a return.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

So Arkansas ISN'T pronounced BelowKansas?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Brick wrote:

So Arkansas ISN'T pronounced BelowKansas?

Our Kansas. The south wanted their own.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:09 pm 

I'd like to belt kuiper so hard nothing would be left of him but a black hole

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

So he can suck you into him?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

So he can suck you into him?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Nas wrote:

Agreed. Although if someone sincerely apologizes for something, not accepting it is a douche move.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I don’t think it’s some innocent mistake.

Regular non racist ppl don’t use this word ever.

They know the impact and hurt of it.

Like Darkside said it was in his heart.

He probably thinks it a lot. May even use it from time to time in private conversations where he thinks he’s safe with his homeboys.

Unless he has a speech impediment no excuse. If you let one slide then it’ll be socially acceptable.

Fuck this guy.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
HawaiiYou wrote:

He probably thinks it a lot. May even use it from time to time in private conversations where he thinks he’s safe with his homeboys.

Unless he has a speech impediment no excuse. If you let one slide then it’ll be socially acceptable.

Fuck this guy.

Well that's different, you have the miraculous ability to read what is in someones heart. Most of us don't have that super power.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:17 pm 

Maybe he just loved the Commonwealth of Virginia?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
I have a mush mouth and certain sounds trip me up. I think the only time I say "negro" is with the name "Negro Leagues," but for whatever reason, I almost get tripped up. Like I said, some sounds just don't come out clearly for me. Just to clarify, I never substitute the N-word for "negro," but sometimes it sounds a little too damn close...especially if a person with limited English is listening.

That's just me. Not sure if that is what Kuiper did or not.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
HawaiiYou wrote:

Fuck this guy.

Well that's different, you have the miraculous ability to read what is in someones heart. Most of us don't have that super power.

Man of Few Opinions has been on fire lately with the excellent comments.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
If the clip someone posted is accurate, he's made the mistake in the past.

Either that or he just speaks like a dope. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:34 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
If the clip someone posted is accurate, he's made the mistake in the past.

Either that or he just speaks like a dope. :lol:

Not a good trait for someone paid to speak.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
demanding an apology (for anything) and then saying its not good enough is one of the main power moves for people like July

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Saying the N-word is also a power move for a lot of people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next