It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Entire Podcast here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Def32-8u5p8

McGwire says that he, along with players like Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa, are receiving “unfair punishment” from the voters despite there having been little regulation against the use of performance enhancers.

Excerpt :

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:03 am 

It must suck watching all of these other athletes playing at elite levels as they approach their 40s and afterwards in other sports and no one questions it but then again they don't make it quite as obvious as baseball players did then.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 am 

No regulation? I remember there being rules against ped's and everyone knowing that baseball was conveniently covering it up for ratings. But I'm also a crackhead who doesn't have a memory.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Steroid guy doing a zoom from his weight room is very on-brand.

I like how he gets progressively angrier as he works through the answer.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Brick wrote:
It must suck watching all of these other athletes playing at elite levels as they approach their 40s and afterwards in other sports and no one questions it but then again they don't make it quite as obvious as baseball players did then.

But hasn't this always been baseball's rep? A majority of baseball media and traditional fans are purists, fixated on things like "integrity of the Hall of Fame" and the sanctity of stats. I can't believe McGwire doesn't understand he's battling baseball culture, not just individuals who don't believe/respect the hard work he put in. Just ask Pete Rose how baseball cancel culture works.

I'm too young to remember, but what was the reaction to Lyle Alzado admitting to using steroids?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:24 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I like how he gets progressively angrier as he works through the answer.

:lol:
The brief pauses when he says there were no rules... Dude, you remember the rules lmao

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I'm not gonna lie. The steroid era was my favorite era of baseball. Let them all go back on the gas. Its more entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:12 pm 

i would agree with that. turn it into wwe and it might actually be a good sport to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:40 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
I'm not gonna lie. The steroid era was my favorite era of baseball. Let them all go back on the gas. It’s more entertaining.

100%

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Brick wrote:

But hasn't this always been baseball's rep? A majority of baseball media and traditional fans are purists, fixated on things like "integrity of the Hall of Fame" and the sanctity of stats. I can't believe McGwire doesn't understand he's battling baseball culture, not just individuals who don't believe/respect the hard work he put in. Just ask Pete Rose how baseball cancel culture works.

I'm too young to remember, but what was the reaction to Lyle Alzado admitting to using steroids?

I remember this sports illustrated article:

https://vault.si.com/.amp/vault/1991/07 ... cing-drugs

I dont remember outrage. I remember it being a cautionary tale.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Perchinski roided too

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I'm not gonna lie. The steroid era was my favorite era of baseball. Let them all go back on the gas. It’s more entertaining.

100%

I may long for the days of crafty lefties, contact hitters, no range catch and throw fielders, but they'd get their asses handed to them today....that's the problem though. Ks, walks, bombs, and the ball being booted and thrown into the stands just isn't what I want to see.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nardi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

100%

I may long for the days of crafty lefties, contact hitters, no range catch and throw fielders, but they'd get their asses handed to them today....that's the problem though. Ks, walks, bombs, and the ball being booted and thrown into the stands just isn't what I want to see.

The 80's: (1) had a decent pace of play that occurred organically rather than by rule; (2) 30 homers was an accomplishment; (3) no preoccupation with walks and strike outs; and (4) had some of the last prolific base stealers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:30 pm 

Nardi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

100%

These asshole QBs insist on the forward pass. Nothing’s sacred.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

100%

The 80's: (1) had a decent pace of play that occurred organically rather than by rule; (2) 30 homers was an accomplishment; (3) no preoccupation with walks and strike outs; and (4) had some of the last prolific base stealers.
(5) Cocaine

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

100%

It was a balanced game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
HawaiiYou wrote:

McGwire says that he, along with players like Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa, are receiving “unfair punishment” from the voters despite there having been little regulation against the use of performance enhancers.

Excerpt :

McGwire drinks Right-wing coffee. Cancel him again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Excerpt :

McGwire drinks Right-wing coffee. Cancel him again.

That coffee gets a lot of hate from the gun community on line. I'm not up to speed on it because I'm a little too calm for that ground but a lot of not so nice words get tossed at it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Stop Coffee Hate!