It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MLB WC Races
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Astros better get their shit together or they're OUT!

Post subject: Re: MLB WC Races
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
They looked like a lock as recently as a couple weeks ago. They were my pick to make it to the World Series from the AL.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Nardi wrote:
Astros better get their shit together or they're OUT!

The Diamondbacks are fucked having to play those three games at the end against the Astros, even though they get three cupcakes against the White Sox before that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
miami is already talking in the past tense, regarding the seasons of alcantara and perez. arraez hurt his ankle, didn't play today against the brew crew. they didn't need him anyways. the fish play 6 games this week on the road, in cooler weather in queens and pitt. arizona has 3 at home against houston, the astros may still have shot at the division on friday..and a lot to play for. pfaadt and nelson need to understand that they won't pitch against the cubs this week. i can see arizona going 5-2/4-3 for the week, can't see miami doing that. maybe 3-3. this means the cubs go 3-3, they're in.

the cubs could turn into the cubs and have a 1-5 week and all that won't matter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Milwaukee would rather not face the Cubs in the first round, because it will be a virtual home series for the Cubs. So either they try to sweep them and knock them out, or they concede 2 of 3 and let them be the #2 seed and get beat by the Phillies.

The Cubs are going to face Atlanta's 3-4-5 starters with Fried and Morton hurt, and they will face Milwaukee's 3-4-5 starters as Milwaukee lines up their rotation to go 1-2-3 in the first playoff round. Milwaukee's 4 and 5 starters will go long and eat innings so that they can use just 2-3 relievers from the playoff roster each on Saturday and Sunday to get some work, they aren't going to pitch anybody back to back on those two days.

The AL race is going to be something. It will almost certainly come down to the last day, and Houston-Arizona may determine the final playoff spot in both leagues.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Milwaukee would rather not face the Cubs in the first round, because it will be a virtual home series for the Cubs. So either they try to sweep them and knock them out, or they concede 2 of 3 and let them be the #2 seed and get beat by the Phillies.

The Cubs are going to face Atlanta's 3-4-5 starters with Fried and Morton hurt, and they will face Milwaukee's 3-4-5 starters as Milwaukee lines up their rotation to go 1-2-3 in the first playoff round. Milwaukee's 4 and 5 starters will go long and eat innings so that they can use just 2-3 relievers from the playoff roster each on Saturday and Sunday to get some work, they aren't going to pitch anybody back to back on those two days.

The AL race is going to be something. It will almost certainly come down to the last day, and Houston-Arizona may determine the final playoff spot in both leagues.

it won't be a home series for the cubs. Last year the Padres / Dodgers series was thought it would be full of Dodgers fans. The padres limited tickets to Dodger fans. The Brewers will do the same. It would be embarrassing to the organization too and they won't have that happen.

Also, brewer fans will come out for the playoffs. This isn't some random game in June. They will show up.

If I were the brewers i'd be chomping at the bit to play the Cubs over anyone else. The only advantage the Cubs have playing the Brewers is familiarity. But I wouldn't count on that for beating this brewers club.

atl is still playing for home field - theyre not laying down for the cubs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
if i'm the cubs, i'd be chomping at the bit to play the brewers. 3 good starting pitchers (not the same burnes, peralta got rocked today by the fish), very good closer and really, nothing else. if i'm milwaukee and they do play the cubs, i hope it's 48 degrees and the roof needs to stay open. want morel to look like mort from bazooka joe, covering his face from the bone-chilling 48 degree temp. current season series at 5-5, i believe.