It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2023 MLB Playoffs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Biggest Philly choke job since 1964.

totally. they seemed like the team of destiny this year. even the Astros lost for them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:34 pm 

who will be the NLCS MVP?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:37 pm 

loser philly fans booing the ceremony. those asshole fans deserve an ass beating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:41 pm 

NLCS MVP : MARTE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:26 pm 

Listening to Philly sports talk radio.

It’s like the old score. Hosts and callers yelling and angry. So passionate.

No vanilla bs like at the score

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
who are you predicting in the World Series? Give us another winner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
True knowledgeable Astros and Phillies fans had to have trepidations with Dusty and Kimbrel's past history. Dusty's disastrous postseason pre Astros record laiden with questionable key strategic blunders. Dusty is only more than happy to use the race card when he's grilled about bad decisions. Then, Kimbrel now as a high leverage guy struggling since 2019 who didn't make the '22 Dodgers post season roster he was so bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Eh. Game 4 was bad, but that's Kimbrel for you. While they were up 2-0, plenty of teams have lost when they're up 2-0.

You're channeling Hawk Harrelson with that '64 reference. He talked about that team about as often as he talked about Yaz. Time is moving fast. When I was a kid I would hear about those teams from the 60's constantly (particularly the '69 Cubs), now no one cares anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:17 am 

At least One Post won't have to travel far to give us a man on the scene report.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Eh. Game 4 was bad, but that's Kimbrel for you. While they were up 2-0, plenty of teams have lost when they're up 2-0.

You're channeling Hawk Harrelson with that '64 reference. He talked about that team about as often as he talked about Yaz. Time is moving fast. When I was a kid I would hear about those teams from the 60's constantly (particularly the '69 Cubs), now no one cares anymore.

The body of work for Kimbrel on MULTIPLE teams screams that if you depend on him in the playoffs, it's gonna go bad for you.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Warren Newson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The Phold of '64

They blew several ninth-inning leads

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:35 pm 

Hussra wrote:
who are you predicting in the World Series? Give us another winner

I will give my Brad Palmer like take later today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:35 pm 

Not the Series I was hoping for (or expected). Wanted to see the Braves or the Phillies against Baltimore or Tampa Bay, but figured the Astros would probably make it.

BigW72 wrote:
The body of work for Kimbrel on MULTIPLE teams screams that if you depend on him in the playoffs, it's gonna go bad for you.

:lol:

He's leaving a lil ol' path of destruction behind him. I think he has basically terrorized three cities now. Hamas Kimbrel.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:32 pm 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Not the Series I was hoping for (or expected). Wanted to see the Braves or the Phillies against Baltimore or Tampa Bay, but figured the Astros would probably make it.

BigW72 wrote:

He's leaving a lil ol' path of destruction behind him. I think he has basically terrorized three cities now. Hamas Kimbrel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:44 pm 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:

BigW72 wrote:

Batters call Kimbrel a freedom fighter!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:25 pm 

Here is my take Hussra -

My brain tells me always go with the team w/ the pitching, defense, and small ball. That would mean Dbacks.

But the last series, the dbacks did all those things to win, but I think the phillies did more to lose the series than the dbacks did to win it.

The phillies manager blew that series with bringing in Kimbrel in game 3 and game 4. Game 4 was the big mistake after he saw Kimbrel had nothing and still kept him out there to blow a 8th inning 3 run lead. Also, that phillies team was very arrogant and thought the dbacks would just lie down for them after being up 2-0 and 3-2. These mistakes gave arizona the life to believe and opened that window for them. and in the playoffs, when you open that window even slightly, the other team is gonna barge thru it and beat you.

So here is the big X FACTOR - Bruce Bochy. Bochy will not make those same mistakes that the phillies manager made. He already showed in the ALCS that he if his version of Kimbrel - Adrois Chapman - isn't doing his thing, he's not going to use him in high leverage situations with the game on the line.

And the Rangers will not be overlooking the dbacks like the phillies did. This Rangers team had no expectations and will not disrespect the dbacks.

So I will say, more from my gut than my head, Rangers will win the WS in 6 games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:42 pm 

on paper/payroll/managing (Bochy's difficult to bet against in the post-season) it's Rangers. but then weren't the Dodgers and Phillies supposed to roll this Diamondbacks team...somehow the Diamondbacks keep moving on.

Diamondbacks better defensively and more reliable bullpen. I don't think Scherzer's healthy. you can win a World Series with only 2 reliable starters, as the 2001 Diamondbacks with Schilling/Johnson demonstrated. It's more about overall pitching staff reliability these days with starters rarely working beyond the 5th inning. I'd take the Diamondbacks bullpen > Rangers bullpen.

Seager's a problem, but he's one guy + bats have a way of disappearing in November. Think I'm gonna ride the positive Diamondbacks mojo of them winning for me in the NLCS while the Astros dropped the ball--Astros appear to be cursed to some extent, only team across the 3 major sports to lose one and now 2 seven game series where they were the home team and won all the road games, dropping all 4 home games twice now.

Besides, when have the Texas Rangers ever won anything? As difficult as it is to bet against Bruce Bochy, equally difficult to back a club with the Rangers world series history to win it all. I think it'll be D-Backs. Would bet them in 5 but for now taking the +155 Dbacks series price. Probably they'll post the specific number of games tomorrow or Friday. Be nice if the Rangers won game 1 and got a juiced number on Diamondbacks series price again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hussra wrote:
on paper/payroll/managing (Bochy's difficult to bet against in the post-season) it's Rangers. but then weren't the Dodgers and Phillies supposed to roll this Diamondbacks team...somehow the Diamondbacks keep moving on.

Diamondbacks better defensively and more reliable bullpen. I don't think Scherzer's healthy. you can win a World Series with only 2 reliable starters, as the 2001 Diamondbacks with Schilling/Johnson demonstrated. It's more about overall pitching staff reliability these days with starters rarely working beyond the 5th inning. I'd take the Diamondbacks bullpen > Rangers bullpen.

Seager's a problem, but he's one guy + bats have a way of disappearing in November. Think I'm gonna ride the positive Diamondbacks mojo of them winning for me in the NLCS while the Astros dropped the ball--Astros appear to be cursed to some extent, only team across the 3 major sports to lose one and now 2 seven game series where they were the home team and won all the road games, dropping all 4 home games twice now.

Besides, when have the Texas Rangers ever won anything? As difficult as it is to bet against Bruce Bochy, equally difficult to back a club with the Rangers world series history to win it all. I think it'll be D-Backs. Would bet them in 5 but for now taking the +155 Dbacks series price. Probably they'll post the specific number of games tomorrow or Friday. Be nice if the Rangers won game 1 and got a juiced number on Diamondbacks series price again.

Arizona #1 Texas #2 in defense, so that's a wash. Pitching, also a wash. Arizona 3.33 Texas 3.67 in post season. It's the lineup that should make the difference...Texas .265 .344 .481 .825 post season, Arizona .247. 317 .424 .741

Texas had the more difficult road to get here culminating in knocking off the veteran champs. Both Milwaukee and the Dodgers are perennial doormats and Philly went 4-35 RISP those final 5 games.

There's a case to be made Diamondbacks shouldn't be here. There's no such case for the Rangers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:03 am 

Nardi wrote:
Arizona #1 Texas #2 in defense, so that's a wash. Pitching, also a wash. Arizona 3.33 Texas 3.67 in post season. It's the lineup that should make the difference...Texas .265 .344 .481 .825 post season, Arizona .247. 317 .424 .741

Texas had the more difficult road to get here culminating in knocking off the veteran champs. Both Milwaukee and the Dodgers are perennial doormats and Philly went 4-35 RISP those final 5 games.

There's a case to be made Diamondbacks shouldn't be here. There's no such case for the Rangers.

So...Dbacks in 4? Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Hussra wrote:
Seager's a problem, but he's one guy + bats have a way of disappearing in November.

yeah, very true.

this year, though...weather in arizona and texas. i believe texas keeps hitting...took texas.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:59 am 

Nardi wrote:
Hussra wrote:

As long as their relief pitching holds up decently. It has not been as atrocious as it was in the regular season. Plus Bochy's gotta be worth something.

Sure glad the Sox got Grifol and not Bochy. :lol: I know the Rangers spent a ton of money, but still . . .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:55 pm 

Carroll is one heck of a player.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I have nothing particularly interesting to say at this point. I just want to keep RFDC 's thread on equal footing with the creature's thread.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:04 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
I have nothing particularly interesting to say at this point. I just want to keep RFDC 's thread on equal footing with the creature's thread.

listen you bitch the world series has it's own thread bec ITS THE WORLD SERIES!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:39 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:

bump

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:07 pm 

Always love the world series. Don’t really have a rooting interest but just hope for a long series with good games!

Warren and Thomas, you are both good eggs! May your tribe increase and prosper!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:09 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Always love the world series. Don’t really have a rooting interest but just hope for a long series with good games!

Warren and Thomas, you are both good eggs! May your tribe increase and prosper!

Warren is your mult moron , like we don't know :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
JD's Score visits pounding Arizona D'backs pitching would fade never happened.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:30 pm 

Boom!!! Seager!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boom!!! Seager!!

YOU CAN'T KEEP UP WITH ME YOU ITTLE BITCH :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next