It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2023-2024 Offseason
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
That's an awful overpay. Who were they bidding against?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Probably an awful overpay. 100% you don't give him 5 years. That's insane.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:24 pm 

I don't think the Dodgers were in on this, so who were they bidding against?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Nardi wrote:

And Hader is probably still pissed that he did not get more than Edwin Diaz.

The fact that the Cubs were never seriously linked to him despite Counsell being here makes a lot more sense if his agent got the Astros to choke that down.

If I'm Jed Hoyer, I call David Robertson and ask him if he'd like $9M/yr to come back and set up for Alzolay, 1 year with a team option for 2025.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:47 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Nardi wrote:

And Hader is probably still pissed that he did not get more than Edwin Diaz.

The fact that the Cubs were never seriously linked to him despite Counsell being here makes a lot more sense if his agent got the Astros to choke that down.

If I'm Jed Hoyer, I call David Robertson and ask him if he'd like $9M/yr to come back and set up for Alzolay, 1 year with a team option for 2025.

Why not. He throws strikes at least.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:55 pm 

Corbin Burnes to Baltimore. Surrendering the division to the Cubs already

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I've heard speculation that Baltimore's new ownership group might tell the current ownership group to make more aggressive moves. We'll see if this move is part of a series of moves.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:32 pm 

I know deni$ loves to slob on the knob of Scott Boras, but it's interesting 4 of his major clients are still on the market. Bellinger, Chapman, Montgomery and Snell. I think the Boras era in MLB is over. The biggest deal in MLB history this year wasn't even a Boras client.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I know deni$ loves to slob on the knob of Scott Boras, but it's interesting 4 of his major clients are still on the market. Bellinger, Chapman, Montgomery and Snell. I think the Boras era in MLB is over. The biggest deal in MLB history this year wasn't even a Boras client.

I agree with you that it seems crazy, but we'll see what kind of contract these guys end up getting. Also, I assume he's doing this with their consent. If one of them said, "I'm tired of this, get me signed now," I suspect he'd do it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:29 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

Boras is waiting on an owner to override his GM and offer stupid money. Like if the Phillies decided to make Bellinger an offer even though they have a perfectly acceptable young CF who is fine batting 9th. Or like how the Rockies gave Kris Bryant a Heyward-level contract to join a team destined to finish out of the playoffs for the entire length of the contract.

I believe that Boras also represents JD Martinez, who is the guy I think the Cubs should go after if Bellinger isn't reasonable (and trade Morel to a team needing a 2B in exchange for young MLB-ready pitching).

I also believe that Boras will start openly hinting at owner collusion pretty soon, which is funny because he's basically the ring-leader for collusion against the owners.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:38 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I agree with you that it seems crazy, but we'll see what kind of contract these guys end up getting. Also, I assume he's doing this with their consent. If one of them said, "I'm tired of this, get me signed now," I suspect he'd do it.

I suspect he'd lie to them and NOT get on it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:47 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If he lies to clients too often, he's not going to have any more of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:54 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If he lies to clients too often, he's not going to have any more of them.

But he's very good at it. He's got them thinking that they are in charge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:49 pm 

Manfred is in favor of a short free agent signing period:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/ ... dline.html

If Boras gets burned with Snell and Bellinger, the market will take care of the problem on its own.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:55 am 

It looks like Giolito is going to be out for the season:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/03/ ... g-day.html

I like the guy and was pulling for him to succeed, but he's had a bad run of luck since leaving the White Sox.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Reinsdorf is smiling

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:02 pm 

What a stupid ass contract by the Red Sox, they could have had a Belli like deal with Snell. I guess they still could but their owner ain't spending.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
love these renditions of the potential A's stadium :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Caller Bob wrote:
What a stupid ass contract by the Red Sox, they could have had a Belli like deal with Snell. I guess they still could but their owner ain't spending.

At least Jerry is transparently cheap; the Red Sox GM said they would be "full throttle" this offseason and their only FA signing was Giolito. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:27 pm 

Snell, Montgomery, and Martinez still unsigned. I heard this morning that the chatter is that Snell is insisting on 2/66 with an opt-out after the first year if he doesn't suck. GTFO with that nonsense. Especially since he is going to need four weeks to get to game ready, so he will miss the first 10% of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:31 pm 

Snell, Montgomery, and Martinez still unsigned. I heard this morning that the chatter is that Snell is insisting on 2/66 with an opt-out after the first year if he doesn't suck. GTFO with that nonsense. Especially since he is going to need four weeks to get to game ready, so he will miss the first 10% of the season.

He better not need 4 weeks, no read for that in today’s age.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:40 pm 

All Boras clients... Deni$ told me he's still the best in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:34 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

All these players WANT to still be unsigned. Are you doubting Mr Boras has their best interests in mind?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

All these players WANT to still be unsigned. Are you doubting Mr Boras has their best interests in mind?

The Giants finally caved, 2/62 with an opt-out although half of this year's salary is deferred out a couple of years for CBT reasons.

Still, if Snell rejected 6/150 from the Yankees based on Boras' advice, he should beat the living shit out of Boras.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Giants finally caved, 2/62 with an opt-out although half of this year's salary is deferred out a couple of years for CBT reasons.

Still, if Snell rejected 6/150 from the Yankees based on Boras' advice, he should beat the living shit out of Boras.

My theory has always been "Don't let Boras in the door. Because once he casts the spell, you're done." Snell is completely happy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
So Shohei’s a degenerate gambler who is having his interpreter be the fall guy for him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:52 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I know we watch players play and not general managers generally manage, but part of me just loves watching the players get told to f**k off when it comes to these huge contracts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next