It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whee!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:11 am 

Fianlly a section where I can have insightful debates about my beloved Red Sox with all the other Red Sox fans on CSFMB. :roll:

Now back to writing performance reviews, which would much easier with the use of emoticons - especially the guy bashing his head against the wall one.

Last edited by Mustang Rob on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:17 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
This is awesome.

I can't believe they were talking about Tony Stewart as though he hasn't caused any controversy this year on the NASCAR circuit...wait...

What?

Oh crap. Never mind.

Post subject: Re: Whee!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:21 am 

Mustang Rob wrote:
Fianlly a section where I can have insightful debates about my beloved Red Sox with all the other Red Sox fans on CSFNB. :roll:

Deep stated all the other GM in the league consider Theo the best in the business. See, we talk red sox baseball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:26 am 

Mike Lowell was really an all star? Really? I didn't dream that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Stoneroses will be here soon.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:
Fianlly a section where I can have insightful debates about my beloved Red Sox with all the other Red Sox fans on CSFNB. :roll:

Deep stated all the other GM in the league consider Theo the best in the business. See, we talk red sox baseball.

Huxtable?

Dolphin, even most Red Sox fans admit that Billy the kid on Oakland is the best. It's easy to build a contending team with a $200M payroll.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:34 am 

Mustang Rob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

Huxtable?

Dolphin, even most Red Sox fans admit that Billy the kid on Oakland is the best. It's easy to build a contending team with a $200M payroll.

What has Oakland really won? Would the Eagles GM be the best since the Eagles always make the playoffs and lose? What about the Bills in the 90's?

I don't think you should get the number 1 spot for having a strategy that will make you always good, but not great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Mustang Rob wrote:
...on CSFNB. .

I really love this nessage board too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:56 am 

:oops: :oops:

Who's the genius who designed the keyboard to have M & N right next to each other. What is the deal with that?

Oh, and I almost forgot.
Blow ne :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:06 am 

Mustang Rob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

Huxtable?

I agree that Theo is purely derivative of Beane.

However, I thought Schuerholtz (Braves) was generally regarded as the best GM in the business. His MLB teams win, he produces a minor league that is great at replenishing the big club, the front office administration seems to be top notch.

I would also put Ryan (Twins) in that elite category as well. All the attention gets paid to Beane for his system. Here you have a guy who hires excellent management, has an MLB club that is as productive per dollar spent as any in baseball, and who has instilled a consist approach to playing the game from his rookie leagues to the big club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Mustang Rob wrote:
:oops: :oops:

Who's the genius who designed the keyboard to have M & N right next to each other. What is the deal with that?

Someone had to do it. It might as well have been me.

Mustang Rob wrote:
Blow ne :wink:

Why do I have a sudden urge for a sandwich?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Mustang Rob wrote:

Huxtable?

I agree that Theo is purely derivative of Beane.

However, I thought Schuerholtz (Braves) was generally regarded as the best GM in the business. His MLB teams win, he produces a minor league that is great at replenishing the big club, the front office administration seems to be top notch.

I would also put Ryan (Twins) in that elite category as well. All the attention gets paid to Beane for his system. Here you have a guy who hires excellent management, has an MLB club that is as productive per dollar spent as any in baseball, and who has instilled a consist approach to playing the game from his rookie leagues to the big club.

I agree,
The Braves generally have a bigger budget than the Twins & As', but Schuerholtz's longevity makes him special.
Ryan is the king of player development.
Beane is very good at reloading through the compensation picks and makes smart trades.
Shapiro in Cleveland rarely gets taken in a trade, and his Colon for Cliff Lee, Grady Seizmore, Lee Stevens, & Brandon Phillips may be the greatest fleecing ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 am 

Nas wrote:
I will go with Schuerholtz because of longevity too. The fact that they only won 1 doesn't make him look as good as he could. Ryan would probably be next on my list. Not only is he great a PD but he knows how to make a good trade. Did you see what he got for AJ? :shock:

Yeah, almost forgot about that deal.
You look at the two trades we mentioned AJ & Colon, and it's no wonder GM's don't want to give up prospects anymore.
Kazmir for Victor Zambrano is another one.