It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:27 pm 

Just so we all have full disclosure here, I don't care about Barry Bonds, his alleged steroid use, the taint that places on the game or the three ring circus surrounding his chase of Aaron. I don't understand the vitriol, but I don't care enough to defend the guy.

In any case, I'm growing sick and tired of the Federal Grand Jury out in San Francisco. Shit or get off the pot at this point. They've been hearing evidence from the Federal prosecutors in the Bay area for 2 1/2 years now. 30 months of "We could indict Bonds next week, we just need to present the proper evidence to the Grand Jury." It seems to me that this is abnormal. If the Feds had what they needed to indict him for Perjury, they would have done so long ago. If Greg Anderson never talks and is content to spend every moment the Grand Jury is in session in jail, will the Feds ever have enough to indict Barry?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2944315

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sam in Hoffman wrote:
Just so we all have full disclosure here, I don't care about Barry Bonds, his alleged steroid use, the taint that places on the game or the three ring circus surrounding his chase of Aaron. I don't understand the vitriol, but I don't care enough to defend the guy.

In any case, I'm growing sick and tired of the Federal Grand Jury out in San Francisco. Shit or get off the pot at this point. They've been hearing evidence from the Federal prosecutors in the Bay area for 2 1/2 years now. 30 months of "We could indict Bonds next week, we just need to present the proper evidence to the Grand Jury." It seems to me that this is abnormal. If the Feds had what they needed to indict him for Perjury, they would have done so long ago. If Greg Anderson never talks and is content to spend every moment the Grand Jury is in session in jail, will the Feds ever have enough to indict Barry?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2944315

I agree, what is the point of extending out the grand jury for another 6 months ? Do they think they will get more information from Greg Anderson or from someone else ? Don't they have enough information already, if not, why not ? I just want chargers preferably, but if there's nothing, let's just end this. BTW, I hate Bonds, and he is a disgrace to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:25 pm 

I have a feeling that they want to make the case as air tight as possible so if they do indict him, they can actually convict unlike most celebrity cases. It has gone on far too long though, but you won't see my crying for Barry Bonds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

You know why Anderson is sitting in his jail cell instead of talking? Bonds is gonna give him 5 million upon his release. That has to be the agreement. Him not talking saves Bonds. Bonds is gladly paying that.

I'd spend 2 years in jail for 5 million bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:02 pm 

I'd think following that money trail would be relatively easy and witness tampering is a felony too. Given all of the shady maneuvering that Bonds and his lawyers have gone through over the past few years, I can't imagine they'd be that dumb.

If they have enough to indict now, they're waiting for embarrass him. If they don't have enough yet, I can't imagine where that magic bullet is coming from. It surely has not been Greg Anderson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

They could follow that money trail but there is nothing illegal about giving him money. Bonds could lie and say that's for past services rendored. Hell, he could just say this is my friend and I want to give him money.

He doesn't have to lie or explain why anyway. Anderson served his time in jail. He's free to accept money from Bonds for whatever reason. Bonds is free to give him money.