It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bonds
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:11 pm 

Since Bonds will eventually break the break, I would love for him to tie it this week, but end up having to do it on the road in L.A. I know they probably wouldn't play him, but that would be great for him to do it there. He would get treated the way he deserves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 pm 

Barry Bonds never cheated and is a national hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Has someone hacked Nas' account?! LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:12 pm 

Closet Sox Fan wrote:
Has someone hacked Nas' account?! LMAO

No, this board, like most of America is decidedly pro-Bonds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yahoo sports is reporting that Selig isn't going to SF to follow Bonds.

I'll bet that racist Selig smugly said "I'll just get the info on my BlackBarry when he breaks it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

yeah, i knew that...so was mine, lol :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:56 pm 

Bonds has the fire and the passion!

It's his GREAT hand eye coordination that has allowed Bonds to hit 73hrs at 38yrs old and his GREAT hand eye coordination that will lead him past Aaron in his mid-40's when most people have retired and are taking up coaching.

Don't you people listen to the media? They keep stressing what GREAT hand eye coordination this man has that allows him to be the best HR hitter of all-time. No one else in the history of baseball has had GREAT hand eye coordination like Bonds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

ESPN2 tonight at 9:00 PM....Braves vs Giants and Bonds...can't miss the suckfest tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

TBS tomorrow. 9pm start.

Plus once he's one away from tieing it they'll break in to the at bats on ESPN when they aren't doing the game.

ESPN does mondays, wenesdays and Sundays. Fox will have it on Saturday. They'll show each at bat on ESPN for all other days I'm sure.

It's gonna be done with most the country sleeping if it's on the west coast.

As much as I hate him I'll be watching. I'm interested to see this ass hole's speech if they let him talk. He'll say something arrogant or conceited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
TBS tomorrow. 9pm start.

Plus once he's one away from tieing it they'll break in to the at bats on ESPN when they aren't doing the game.

ESPN does mondays, wenesdays and Sundays. Fox will have it on Saturday. They'll show each at bat on ESPN for all other days I'm sure.

It's gonna be done with most the country sleeping if it's on the west coast.

As much as I hate him I'll be watching. I'm interested to see this ass hole's speech if they let him talk. He'll say something arrogant or conceited.

I kind of hopes he either just hits 3 HR's tonight so we can move on....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'll watch out of respect for the reccord even though I have no respect for the eventual reccord breaker.

Think about it. Baseball's been around for 120 years and this is the 2nd time this HR reccord will be broken.

It's actually more. Ruth broke somebody's reccord. Before that it probably was broken at like 20 or something when they didn't hit homers. Nobody did before Ruth. But nobody cared back then. Ruth probably broke the original mark at 45 or something like that. Maybe less. Anybody know?

But it's basically Aaron breaking Ruth's mark and Bonds breaking Aaron's mark. 120 years and that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
I'll watch out of respect for the reccord even though I have no respect for the eventual reccord breaker.

Think about it. Baseball's been around for 120 years and this is the 2nd time this HR reccord will be broken.

It's actually more. Ruth broke somebody's reccord. Before that it probably was broken at like 20 or something when they didn't hit homers. Nobody did before Ruth. But nobody cared back then. Ruth probably broke the original mark at 45 or something like that. Maybe less. Anybody know?

But it's basically Aaron breaking Ruth's mark and Bonds breaking Aaron's mark. 120 years and that's it.

This would be awesome to watch if it wasn't going to such a turd. I just can't excited for seeing it, and now just want it to pass. Everything you say sounds great and is true, but then I think of the assface breaking the record, and the enthusiam is sucked out of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:11 pm 

Quote:
Beardown wrote:

This would be awesome to watch if it wasn't going to such a turd. I just can't excited for seeing it, and now just want it to pass. Everything you say sounds great and is true, but then I think of the assface breaking the record, and the enthusiam is sucked out of me.

It would be awesome to watch if it was being broken by a legit player. Having Bonds break the record is like putting the big head/max HR power cheat code into your P2P and watching a big headed monster man break the record.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I thought you said the Giants and Braves were on ESPN 2 tonight. It's the end of the Red Sox game now but my menu says "Bronx is Burning is next."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Check that. They are running a scroll saying the game starts at 9:15 and they'll be going there. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Check that. They are running a scroll saying the game starts at 9:15 and they'll be going there. Sorry.

I just put some money on the game, and when I saw your other post, I was pissed that I couldn't watch the game. Now, I'm a happy camper again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Nas wrote:
Everyone who thinks Bonds cheated is a racist. You people don't understand that black people still grow no matter how old they are.

Then shouldn't Morgan Freeman be the size of a house? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

0-4 today.

I was thinking. They're gonna have to keep marking the balls even after he breaks it. His final HR will be the new reccord ball. They'll have to make sure that's authentic as well. They won't know when his last HR will be.

Do you think he'll come back next year? I do.

He's about 90 hits shy of 3000. He'll want that. Can't get that this year. He's about 28 RBI's shy of 2000. He'll probably get that this year. For argument sake lets say he finishes the year with 770 Home runs. 30 shy of 800. I think he'll want that 800 mark. Plus, I really beleive he wants to extend that reccord and make it tougher for A Rod. I really beleive that.

If he plays next year it will be for an AL team so he could DH. Maybe the A's. As a DH he could maintain a full season and play 140 games next year.

So in theory Bonds could finish his career with these numbers if he plays next year.

800 HR's

2000 RBI

3000 Hits

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:29 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
0-4 today.

I was thinking. They're gonna have to keep marking the balls even after he breaks it. His final HR will be the new reccord ball. They'll have to make sure that's authentic as well. They won't know when his last HR will be.

Do you think he'll come back next year? I do.

He's about 90 hits shy of 3000. He'll want that. Can't get that this year. He's about 28 RBI's shy of 2000. He'll probably get that this year. For argument sake lets say he finishes the year with 770 Home runs. 30 shy of 800. I think he'll want that 800 mark. Plus, I really beleive he wants to extend that reccord and make it tougher for A Rod. I really beleive that.

If he plays next year it will be for an AL team so he could DH. Maybe the A's. As a DH he could maintain a full season and play 140 games next year.

So in theory Bonds could finish his career with these numbers if he plays next year.

800 HR's

2000 RBI

3000 Hits

I think he's back barring any legal troubles that would prevent that. He's still putting up big numbers, and that alone will convince him to for 800 HR's or whatever other goals he may have in mind. He'll just need consistent off days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:01 am 
1000 CLUB

Well. He's 1-4 so far. No homers. But the Giants scored 4 in the ninth to send it to extra innings. He's coming up in the 10th shortly. In case anybody cares.

Barry made a hell of a catch in the top of the 10th to save a double. It's his birthday today. He's 43.

It's on TBS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:43 pm 

I think it's funny that they keep reporting that Bonds is 2 balls short of Hank Aaron considering the shrinkage factor of steroids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:13 pm 

Somehow i have a reinactment of the simpsons episode in which the kickers leg flies off but still boots the ball through the upright. I would love to see his leg fall off at the knee but the steroids would probably just grow one back instantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
totally....
Barry is the T1000.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bonds hit 754 in the 1st. One away from the tie. ESPN is doing this game.

Sox and Cubs both play at 6 tomorrow. So we'll get the Giants as the FOX game tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Wow. I'm shocked FOX isn't doing a Giants 3pm game tomorrow.

Sports Center said they are doing the Saturday night 9pm game.

I'm shocked FOX didn't want this for their game when everybody can see it at 3pm our time; 4pm east time. Alot of people won't watch a 9pm game.

I just find it curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:11 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Wow. I'm shocked FOX isn't doing a Giants 3pm game tomorrow.

Sports Center said they are doing the Saturday night 9pm game.

I'm shocked FOX didn't want this for their game when everybody can see it at 3pm our time; 4pm east time. Alot of people won't watch a 9pm game.

I just find it curious.

You'd think that they would have switched the time a week or two ago when they realized this was getting close.

Who's on local FOX tomrorow ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:18 am 
1000 CLUB

I guess we're getting Atlanta vs Arizona.

It's usually not an issue for Chicago. The Sox or Cubs are the Fox game most of the time. They always have 3 regional games. One of our teams usually get it. Once or twice during the season the Sox or Cubs aren't on FOX saturday. Tomorrow is one of those days.

They knew Bonds was close. FOX has switched games a week in advance in the past. They didn't want Bonds tomorrow. I don't know why. ESPN is picking up all Bonds games it looks like. Until he breaks it.

I heard the Bonds press conference carried live on ESPN a few minutes ago. Some reporter asked about him playing for the Giants next year.

Bonds seemed pissed and said "I'm playing next year. Here or some where else."

I thought he would but that's the first I heard Bonds say that he was coming back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:41 am 
1000 CLUB

ESPN didn't make the Giants the Sunday night game. If he does it Sunday it won't be a national telecast.

I'm sure they'll break in for the at bats on ESPN. It's a 3pm start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza