It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hot stove
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Well, Brian Anderson is now a Royal. He'll get a big hit against the Sox at some point this year for sure.

That is a good spot for him, I bet he does relatively well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
Giants, Mark DeRosa Reach Agreement
By Tim Dierkes [December 28 at 6:17pm CST]
6:17pm: The Giants and Mark DeRosa are in agreement on a two-year deal believed to be worth $12MM, tweets SI's Jon Heyman.

Heyman adds that an agreement with Juan Uribe could be forthcoming as well. Earlier this week we heard that the two sides were close to a one-year deal with a team option for 2011.

4:19pm: ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports that DeRosa took a physical for the Giants earlier today. Still no word confirming that this is a done deal, but it looks very close.

12:49pm: The Giants are close to a two-year deal with Mark DeRosa, writes Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Rosenthal says DeRosa would fill a third base/super-utility role. He reminds us that the Giants are also close to re-signing Juan Uribe, which would make for a "very versatile roster" and would push Pablo Sandoval to first base.

On December 23rd, SI's Jon Heyman tweeted that the Giants offered two years and $12MM. The following day, ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that DeRosa was leaning toward accepting.

$6MM a year would be big bucks for DeRosa, as he turns 35 in February and had wrist surgery in November.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:39 pm 

Mets Reach Agreement With Jason Bay
By Tim Dierkes [December 29 at 1:42pm CST]
1:42pm: Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that Bay has a four-year, $66MM agreement with an easy fifth-year vesting option. The 2014 vesting option appears to be worth more than $14MM, as ESPN's Jerry Crasnick tweets that Bay's deal could be worth "slightly more than $80MM over five years." Sherman cautions that Bay's physical "might not be a formality."

1:20pm: SI's Jon Heyman confirms that the Mets have an agreement with Bay. MetsBlog's Matthew Cerrone expects a four-year deal for about $66MM. If that's accurate, Bay left Boston for an additional $6MM. As compensation, the Red Sox will receive the Mets' second-round pick (currently #50) as well as a supplemental pick.

1:13pm: WFAN's Mike Francesa says the Mets will announce a Jason Bay signing early next week, if his physical checks out. Francesa's report also included previously-known info about Bengie Molina seeking three years and the Mets offering one plus a vesting option.

It's a strange way for news of a major agreement to break, though Francesa did not use the word "agreement." It's also strange that Francesa would sit on this news for a full day and

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:52 pm 

kujoe_7 wrote:
Mets Reach Agreement With Jason Bay

There goes my Cubs World Series hopes... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 pm 

Kelly Johnson and the Diamondbacks agreed to a one-year deal worth a little more than $2M.

Good signing by the D'Bags. If Webb makes a healthy return and they get some bullpen help this team could contend next season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 am 

Adrian Beltre's deal with the Red Sox is worth $9 million over one year with a $5 million option for 2010.

Hell of a deal and a hell of an offseason for Theo. Scuturo, Lackey, Beltre, Cameron and Hermida. It's going to be tough not to take Boston to win it all this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: I'm a Gelsosomo's guy.
Keyser Soze wrote:
Adrian Beltre's deal with the Red Sox is worth $9 million over one year with a $5 million option for 2010.

Hell of a deal and a hell of an offseason for Theo. Scuturo, Lackey, Beltre, Cameron and Hermida. It's going to be tough not to take Boston to win it all this year.

Some nice pickups but Boston's team BA is going to drop dramatically. Beltre is a great defensive 3B, but will most likely hit between .250 and .270 with an OBA somewhere around .320. Hermida will hit for decent power and probably finish somewhere around .270 BA. Cameron also won't hit for average.

Defensively, they look pretty good. Offensively, well that might be another story.

Charlie: Oh shit. Look at that door dude. See that door right there? That door marked 'Pirate'? You think a pirate lives in there?
Dennis: I see a door marked 'Private.'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 am 

Ellsbury LF
Scuturo SS
Pedroia 2B
Useless 1b
V-Mart C
Ortiz DH
Beltre 3B
Drew RF
Cameron CF

I don't think the offense is going to be a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm 

The Cardinals and Matt Holliday have finalized a seven-year, $120M contract.

They may be regretting this one around year 5. Hopefully (for Card fans) this doesn't preclude them from resigning Roidface.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 pm 

7 years for a guy who will be 30 in a few days????

Sounds like a Soriano sized mistake for the Cards.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
that holliday contract is crazy. he is a good player, but any team that signs anyone to that kind of dough for that long is asking for trouble. i dont agree with any contract that is more than 4-5 years tops especially a guy in his prime right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 am 

Rangers Reach Agreement With Vladimir Guerrero
By Mike Axisa [January 9 at 7:32pm CST]
7:32pm: Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News says the deal is in fact worth $5MM with some performance bonuses.

6:49pm: The Rangers have reached an agreement with Vladimir Guerrero, reports MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan. It's a one-year deal with an option for 2011. Earlier this week, SI.com's Jon Heyman reported that the two sides were in "serious talks" about a deal that was worth $5MM with incentives.

Guerrero, 35 in February, is a career .321/.386/.568 hitter, though he's tailed off in recent years and had the least productive full season of his career in 2009. Vlad has hit .394/.471/.705 in over 220 plate appearances at the Ballpark in Arlington, which should certainly boost his overall numbers. He'll serve as the club's primary designated hitter.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:19 am 

Rangers have been pretty active this offseason, seems like they think this could be their year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:04 am 

Don't confuse activity with accomplishment.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Don't confuse activity with accomplishment.

I am not saying they accomplished anything. I am saying they are active, and in their minds it seems like this is the year they could take their division.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 am 

the al west will be a three team race between the angels whom have come back to pack, the rangers whom have moved a few pieces around but still need their young pitchers to take the next step, and the m's whom have spent some sawbucks this off season but still need a left handed power bat and to lock up king felix

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:12 pm 

Reds, Chapman Agree To Deal
By Luke Adams [January 10 at 3:51pm CST]
3:51pm: Jon Heyman says, via Twitter, that the initially reported deal of five years and $30MM is expected to be finalized and announced by tomorrow.

3:47pm: Fay tweets that a deal is done, pending a physical. According to Fay, it's six years guaranteed, though the payout will be stretched over a longer period of time. He says an announcement will come tomorrow.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:24 pm 

Jose Valverde has signed a two-year, $14 million contract with the Tigers.

The Tigers also surrender their 1st round draft pick (19th). Fernando Rodney signed a 2yr/$11M deal with the Angels. Is Valverde $3M and a 1st round pick better than Rodney?? Doubtful. Add in the fact this team will struggle to reach .500 and it looks like an awful deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Keyser Soze wrote:
Jose Valverde has signed a two-year, $14 million contract with the Tigers.

The Tigers also surrender their 1st round draft pick (19th). Fernando Rodney signed a 2yr/$11M deal with the Angels. Is Valverde $3M and a 1st round pick better than Rodney?? Doubtful. Add in the fact this team will struggle to reach .500 and it looks like an awful deal.

Glad he's out of the NL Central the Cubs couldnt do anything with that guy

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
At some point, he'll save a game against the Sox and Ozzie will barbeque that asshole in the postgame. The way he prances around the mound out there is gutles and disrespectful.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:04 am 

Mariners, Hernandez Agree To Multi-Year Deal
By Zach Links [January 19 at 7:38am CST]
TUESDAY, 7:38pm: Venezuelan reporter Francisco Blavia of Lider en Deportes tweets that the deal is worth $78MM over five years with no option for a sixth year. Meanwhile, Jason Churchill of Prospect Insider says he was told the deal "may very well be six years guaranteed and less than $100 million, with some incentives that could push it over the $100-million mark."

Depending on whether it's a five or six year deal, the contract would expire and Hernandez would hit free agency when he was just 28 or 29-years-old.

MONDAY, 11:17pm: The Mariners and Felix Hernandez have agreed to terms a multi-year deal, a source told ESPN's Keith Law. On January 19th of last year, King Felix avoided arbitration with the M's when he agreed to a one-year pact with a base of $3.8MM. Earlier in the week we heard that the two sides were working towards a five or six-year deal.

While the terms of the agreement are currently unknown, one can assume that Hernandez will command more than soon-to-be 26-year-old Josh Johnson, whose deal will call for him to make $13.75MM in each of his first two free agent years.

This past season was nothing short of brilliant for the 23-year-old, as he posted a 2.49 ERA with 8.2 K/9 and 2.7 BB/9 in 238.2 IP. The righty's performance led to his first All-Star game selection and a second-place finish in the American League Cy Young balloting.

It has been a busy offseason for Seattle and GM Jack Zduriencik, in which their biggest acquisitions have included Cliff Lee, Milton Bradley, and Chone Figgins.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 pm 

The Brewers reached an agreement with lefty Doug Davis on a 1yr/$5.25M deal. The contract pays $4.25M in '10 and has a $6.5M mutual option for '11 with a $1M buyout.

Not bad but I think Jon Garland would have been a better option. If the Brewers are also able to add (a healthy) Mark Mulder they may be a team to keep an eye on this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm 

Joel Pineiro signed a 2yr/$16M contract with the Angels.

Bad signing. He's doesn't have the stuff he had in Seattle and he's going to get pounded in the AL. The Angels lose John Lackey and replace him with Joel Piniero. They may be a 3rd place team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Keyser Soze wrote:
The Brewers reached an agreement with lefty Doug Davis on a 1yr/$5.25M deal. The contract pays $4.25M in '10 and has a $6.5M mutual option for '11 with a $1M buyout.

Not bad but I think Jon Garland would have been a better option. If the Brewers are also able to add (a healthy) Mark Mulder they may be a team to keep an eye on this year.

They appear to me to be just good enough to hang around. Obviously, they have some great offensive players in Fielder and Braun, they now have the makings of a solid rotation with Gallardo and Wolf up top and then some innings eating veterans in Suppan, and Davis.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
All this hot stove talk is making me want to get MLB the Show 10 even more now!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 pm 

Rick Ankiel is going to sign with the Royals for one year at 3.25 million and a mutual option for 2011 for 6 million.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Rick Ankiel is going to sign with the Royals for one year at 3.25 million and a mutual option for 2011 for 6 million.

The Royals are scooping up everyone's garbage. I think they go from bad to below average.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:30 pm 

Orioles Agree To Deal With Miguel Tejada
By Mike Axisa [January 23 at 10:45am CST]
The Orioles have agreed to a one-year deal with Miguel Tejada, reports Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun. Terms of the deal are unknown that this point, and Zrebiec says Tejada is expected to take a physical in the next few days.

Baltimore had been looking to shore up their corner infield spots, and now they have Tejada to man third with Garrett Atkins moving over the first. The 35-year-old former AL MVP hit .313/.340/.455 for the Astros last season, though his home-road splits were pretty drastic.

Nice Guys Finish Last

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Matt Stairs signed a minor league deal with the Padres. Dude is going to be 42 in a month. Not sure his skill set is best suited for Petco Field, but he will love it in AAA portland.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:02 pm 

Cardinals signed LHP Rich Hill to a minor league contract.

Have fun with that shitbag! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next