It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hall of Fame ballot
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
That spitting incident will keep Roberto Alomar out of Cooperstown longer than he thinks...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Basketball and Hockey get it right and get the deserving in when they're eligible.

Or earlier, in some cases.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Disagree about basketball. 2 local cases are Bulls former coach,John Bach & of course Red Kerr.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
jimmypasta wrote:
Disagree about basketball. 2 local cases are Bulls former coach,John Bach & of course Red Kerr.

I agree with Bach and Kerr, but the majority of the time, they are on the ball-of course that leads to 12 people getting inducted. Hockey is really the one I think of, especially with the waiving tradition or waiting periods for shoe-ins like Gretzky and Lemiux.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Harry Timbercrank for the HOF! Whooda thunk it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I agree with Bach and Kerr, but the majority of the time, they are on the ball-of course that leads to 12 people getting inducted. Hockey is really the one I think of, especially with the waiving tradition or waiting periods for shoe-ins like Gretzky and Lemiux.

They changed that rule so they will no longer waive the waiting period unless it is for "certain humanitarian circumstances", (i.e., the guy's gonna die in 6 months so we might as well let him in now.) See http://www.legendsofhockey.net/html/ind02facts.htm

Hockey Hall of Fame wrote:
Paragraph 19: The Hockey Hall of Fame Selection Committee, by an affirmative vote of at least three quarters of the members thereof present and voting at a duly convened meeting, or by a written resolution signed by all of the members thereof, may, in its discretion, eliminate the 3-year waiting period referred to in either of paragraphs 16 and 18 in respect of any particular candidate who, by reason of grave or terminal illness or injury, is not expected to survive the waiting period. A candidate to whom this paragraph 19 applies may be nominated by a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame Selection Committee at any time and the deadline for nominations contained in paragraph 22 hereof shall not apply to any such candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
SHARK wrote:
Anyone think Andre Dawson will be sporting the cap of the defunct Montreal Expos, now known as the Washington Nationals, when he's officially inducted this July? :? After all, the Hall of Fame now determines what cap he'll be wearing...

10 years an Expo ('76-'86), 5 years a Cub ('87-'92). MVP in '87 as a Cub and an NLCS appearance in '89, though, so we'll see. Montreal had a playoff appearance in '81.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Colonel Angus wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Anyone think Andre Dawson will be sporting the cap of the defunct Montreal Expos, now known as the Washington Nationals, when he's officially inducted this July? :? After all, the Hall of Fame now determines what cap he'll be wearing...

10 years an Expo ('76-'86), 5 years a Cub ('87-'92). MVP in '87 as a Cub and an NLCS appearance in '89, though, so we'll see. Montreal had a playoff appearance in '81.

I'm sure he'll be wearing a Cubs cap.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Jack Bauer wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I'm sure he'll be wearing a Cubs cap.

He should. Most people going to the ceremony would probably be Cubs fans. Expos fans are too busy eating their brie while drinking their merlots and whacking off to Maryse nudie pics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East - Pepperoni & Garlic Deep Dish
Colonel Angus wrote:
He should. Most people going to the ceremony would probably be Cubs fans. Expos fans are too busy eating their brie while drinking their merlots and whacking off to Maryse nudie pics.

:lol: :lol: :lol: