All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Wrong.....and bad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Wrong.....and bad.

Nyjer Morgans attitude and style of play??...I agree!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: *
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Little Bitch???

Yes,yes you are.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The Pirates had had enough of him and let him go

:lol:

oh and please forget your life vest

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, he's a little bitch for throwing at Morgan twice. Doesn't matter how tall he is. Maybe, like you, he thought Nyjer was getting a little uppity and had to be put in his place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
He is still a good player and aside from the last week I haven't heard a single bad thing about him. He most likely wants to win really bad and thought things were on the upside in Washington with the Harper signing and with the phenom. This all started just about the time the teams positive outlook on their future was crushed with the news that Stras was done for this and next year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
He stole those bases for after getting hit. I have no problem with that. Too bad he didn't try to steal home and run over the catcher again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:03 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Wrong.....and bad.

No. He threw at the guy once. That's fine. If Morgan wants to steal bases, you should throw him out. These pitchers always feel the need to teach everyone a lesson all the time. Well if you are going to throw a baseball at someone, don't be surprised if they charge the mound. They both did things that can be considered dumb. What the guys height has to do with his bitch status, I have no idea. And if he was so tough, how come he couldn't drop Morgan on his own....but, I digress. They were both foolish and both deserving of some education in adult behavior...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:12 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Wrong.....and bad.

No. He threw at the guy once. That's fine. If Morgan wants to steal bases, you should throw him out. These pitchers always feel the need to teach everyone a lesson all the time. Well if you are going to throw a baseball at someone, don't be surprised if they charge the mound. They both did things that can be considered dumb. What the guys height has to do with his bitch status, I have no idea. And if he was so tough, how come he couldn't drop Morgan on his own....but, I digress. They were both foolish and both deserving of some education in adult behavior...

You never played baseball past grade school did you? (I'm not trying to be condescending here, just asking) I ask, because you don't seem to understand the way the game is played and the role a pitcher plays in all of it. The pitcher HAS to defend/stand up for his teammates. He HAS to drill someone, if that person did something reckless and dangerous that needlessly injured one of his players. Ozzie Guillen told one of his pitchers to drill a guy a couple years back and the kid missed twice, which drove Ozzie to send the kid back to the minors. Your players have to KNOW you will stand up for them. On the last pitch, it missed by 2 feet. I don't think Volstad was trying to hit him, or Morgan would have another bruise. he was sending a message. Had Morgan not rushed the mound, the umpire may well have issued a warning to Volstad and I doubt he would have thrown at him again. As far as the bitch status goes, the comment was that he was a LITTLE bitch. How can you say LITTLE bitch, when the guy is 6'7" ?? As far as him being able to handle Morgan alone, I'm sure he would have been happy to. However, he was not the only one that wanted a piece of that jerk and when Morgan charged the mound open season was declared on his ass. The rest of the guys were only too happy to join in.

Last edited by Elmhurst Steve on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Thug league.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

You never played baseball past grade school did you?

Elmhurst Steve + Hub Arkush = MATCH!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:26 am 

spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

There are certain things that you come to understand as you progress as a player in a sport. I think that anyone who ever pitched at at least the H.S. level, understands why Volstad hit Morgan and accepts that it was something that would be expected of him as a pitcher in such a situation. You look for a spot in the game where your team (or theirs) is up by several runs, so the game is pretty much decided. Then, you drill him. If you don't, your teammates know you don't have their backs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:27 am 

spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yeah, I should have stopped reading after that. I don't want to get into a 'Hockey Fighting' debate, which seems to be where this is headed. Throwing at someone for stealing bases is not "protecting your players". He was mad because Morgan made him and his teamates look bad...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

There are certain things that you come to understand as you progress as a player in a sport. I think that anyone who ever pitched at at least the H.S. level, understands why Volstad hit Morgan and accepts that it was something that would be expected of him as a pitcher in such a situation. You look for a spot in the game where your team (or theirs) is up by several runs, so the game is pretty much decided. Then, you drill him. If you don't, your teammates know you don't have their backs.

I dont think most people had a problem with the first time he was hit, it was the second time that he threw behind him that was bush league.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:31 am 

Volsted's a huge little bitch. He hit 3 guys that game. What unwritten rules of baseball did the other two violate that Volsted had to protect his team from? Or does he just suck?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 am 

To be fair to Volstad, he only hit him once. The second one was at least a foot behind him.

If Morgan's actions are ranked in order of DB-ness, they look like this:
1. Turning an MLB game into a WWF-type event with his post-fight antics (He should get his suspension doubled for this alone)
2. Running over the catcher (twice if you count earlier in the week when he bumped into the Cards catcher that never even received a throw and wasn't near the plate :roll: )
3. Stealing two bases "aggressively" while down a dozen runs.

Volstad's would rank like this:
1. Hitting him in the thigh
2. throwing a foot behind him (last I checked, that doesn't hurt anybody, and I'm pretty sure an MLB pitcher can come closer to actually hitting someone than that if they want to. Especially when he's already proven that he can.).

Plain and simple: Morgan deserves a longer suspension than Volstad- based on his actions in that series alone.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:06 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Yeah, I should have stopped reading after that. I don't want to get into a 'Hockey Fighting' debate, which seems to be where this is headed. Throwing at someone for stealing bases is not "protecting your players". He was mad because Morgan made him and his teamates look bad...

Volstad didn't throw at Morgan for stealing bases per se. He threw at him because of the issue involving Morgan plowing into his Catcher. Had Morgan accepted the HBP punishment, it would have been over. But instead, he steals 2nd and then 3rd and scores on a sac fly and them mouthed off after scoring. Morgan caused the whole thing to escalate rather than going away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:21 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Volstad didn't throw at Morgan for stealing bases per se. He threw at him because of the issue involving Morgan plowing into his Catcher. Had Morgan accepted the HBP punishment, it would have been over. But instead, he steals 2nd and then 3rd and scores on a sac fly and them mouthed off after scoring. Morgan caused the whole thing to escalate rather than going away.

Wrong again!!

You're so fucking stupid it's funny

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:33 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Wrong again!!

Tell me how you THINK I'm wrong. You either don't know Baseball or are just stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:41 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Wrong again!!

Tell me how you THINK I'm wrong. You either don't know Baseball or are just stupid.

I'm not going to do this all day.

Why do you think they threw at Morgan the 2nd time dipshit? It sure the hell wasn't because he plowed into the catcher!! And just so you know, I played Baseball until I was 22 at a level greater than your intramural bullshit. Now go fingerfuck chas because i'm done with you.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:00 pm 

Did he ever say why he did it?
If not, you're both wrong.
Volstead threw at Morgan because Morgan hit on VOlsteads wife, who was a horse.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:01 pm 

Darkside wrote:

You're picking on him because he did that racist thing, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:03 pm 

spanky wrote:
Darkside wrote:

You're picking on him because he did that racist thing, right?

No. Poorly played, Mauer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:04 pm 

They had their big chance to pummel him on the bottom of the pile.

If he gets up and WWE's to the fans, the Marlins have no one to blame but themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:05 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
[Volstad didn't throw at Morgan for stealing bases per se. He threw at him because of the issue involving Morgan plowing into his Catcher. Had Morgan accepted the HBP punishment, it would have been over. But instead, he steals 2nd and then 3rd and scores on a sac fly and them mouthed off after scoring. Morgan caused the whole thing to escalate rather than going away.

Why do you think they threw at Morgan the 2nd time dipshit? It sure the hell wasn't because he plowed into the catcher!!
[/quote]

He threw at him because Morgan mouthed off after scoring on the sac fly. Morgan stole the bases as a F.U. to the Marlins and then mouthed off after scoring. He basically asked for it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:06 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
He threw at him because Morgan mouthed off after scoring on the sac fly. Morgan stole the bases as a F.U. to the Marlins and then mouthed off after scoring. He basically asked for it.

Does Morgan have any extras in his contract for SB's? Sometimes a player will want to get to milestones to get paid incentives.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Does Morgan have any extras in his contract for SB's? Sometimes a player will want to get to milestones to get paid incentives.

I've never really understood this unwritten rule that says I have to play beneath my potential because my team is winning or losing by a lot. This isn't football. Nobody is going to get hurt because you want to get on base with a bunt single, leg out a triple or steal a bag or two. People always complain about players not giving it their all and playing hard. IF YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO STEAL, THEN THROW HIM OUT.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:19 pm 

It's a good thing Volsted protected his teammates from the danger of Nyger Morgan making Volsted look stupid for basically handing the Nationals a run while Volsted ignored him while he ran around the bases. A good team could just throw him out on those steal attempts or keep him from scoring, but hey if you can't do that bitch about unwritten rules of baseball and protecting your teammates instead.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:22 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
I've never really understood this unwritten rule that says I have to play beneath my potential because my team is winning or losing by a lot. This isn't football. Nobody is going to get hurt because you want to get on base with a bunt single, leg out a triple or steal a bag or two. People always complain about players not giving it their all and playing hard. IF YOU DON'T WANT HIM TO STEAL, THEN THROW HIM OUT.

Exactly!!
It's the big leagues not little league

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 pm 

You guys obviously have never played the game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
You guys obviously have never played the game.

:lol: