It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
Watch them win without him

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33098
rogers park bryan wrote:
Watch them win without him

I hope they are swept in the first round and everyone in the organization is fired.

This is a terrible decision.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47857
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I almost hopes he gets hurt next year.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 pm
Posts: 26000
Location: Lurking Below the Surface...
pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's going to be very awkward seeing the Nationals in the MLB Playoffs next month and whoever is working their National League Division Series on Turner/TBS Sports talking to Strasburg or manager Davey Johnson in the Nats' dugout in game discussing this situation. What they should be doing is doing what the White Sox have been able to do with Chris Sale, and that's skip his turn in the starting rotation so that Strasburg has more rest between starts. Too bad they aren't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
I like Strasburg.

I go back and forth on this.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33098
Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Watch them win without him

I hope they are swept in the first round and everyone in the organization is fired.

This is a terrible decision.

Actually, I hope they have a mammoth collapse and don't even make the playoffs.

It would be funny seeing them go to a 1 game playoff, and not have their ace being able to start it.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
SHARK wrote:
It's going to be very awkward seeing the Nationals in the MLB Playoffs next month and whoever is working their National League Division Series on Turner/TBS Sports talking to Strasburg or manager Davey Johnson in the Nats' dugout in game discussing this situation. What they should be doing is doing what the White Sox have been able to do with Chris Sale, and that's skip his turn in the starting rotation so that Strasburg has more rest between starts. Too bad they aren't.

You think that's the correct method SHARK?

Im not so sure. When a guy is yo-yo ing in velocity like that, that cant be good

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47857
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
rogers park bryan wrote:
I like Strasburg.

I go back and forth on this.


Me too. That's why I don't really want him hurt.

But I'd like to see the plan blow up spectacularly.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 pm
Posts: 26000
Location: Lurking Below the Surface...
pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Watch them win without him

I hope they are swept in the first round and everyone in the organization is fired.

This is a terrible decision.

Actually, I hope they have a mammoth collapse and don't even make the playoffs.

It would be funny seeing them go to a 1 game playoff, and not have their ace being able to start it.

Wouldn't that be something? GM Mike Rizzo and Nationals' management would have huge egg on their face if it came to fruition. :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33098
rogers park bryan wrote:
I like Strasburg.

I go back and forth on this.

I like the guy too, but he's not the one making this decision.

If you have a chance to make a title run, you don't shut guys down. I would pitch him until his arm falls off. This franchise has never won a world series title, what exactly are they waiting for?

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 pm
Posts: 9577
Location: Schaumpton
pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
rogers park bryan wrote:
I like Strasburg.

I go back and forth on this.


I do too. I think my officially opinion will be in favor of this decision.

The Nationals are a team with a ton of resources and should be position to contend in the NL East for a while. If this were like say, the Royals, where it's more or less a perfect storm of prospects peaking before they leave town then I think you roll the dice.

_________________
Team Cutler.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42239
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Watch them win without him



Win what? The division? They almost certainly will. This is slap in the face to all baseball fans. What's the point? They've made a travesty of the game. He isn't hurt. They're stiffing.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 pm
Posts: 26000
Location: Lurking Below the Surface...
pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Watch them win without him



Win what? The division? They almost certainly will. This is slap in the face to all baseball fans. What's the point? They've made a travesty of the game. He isn't hurt. They're stiffing.

Two words...Scott Bora$.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
Terry's Peeps wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
I like Strasburg.

I go back and forth on this.


Me too. That's why I don't really want him hurt.

But I'd like to see the plan blow up spectacularly.

It'll be interesting to see if they can resist putting him on the roster if they advance in the playoffs.


Imagine, if you will...

Its Game 7 of the WS. Scoreless going into the 4th. Jordan Zimmerman stikes out the side, but hurts his arm on the last pitch.

In the Bottom of the 4th, the Nats break thru for 3 runs.

Its 3-0, Game 7, and you have 5 innings left to win the world series......in comes Strasburg.


I think they put him on the roster regardless. If you use EVERY bullpen arm, you're probably losing anyway.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Watch them win without him



Win what? The division? They almost certainly will. This is slap in the face to all baseball fans. What's the point? They've made a travesty of the game. He isn't hurt. They're stiffing.

They might win the WS without him.


Its not a slap in the face. There is no travesty. Its part of a unique rehab process, just like anything else.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 59537
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
SHARK wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Watch them win without him
Win what? The division? They almost certainly will. This is slap in the face to all baseball fans. What's the point? They've made a travesty of the game. He isn't hurt. They're stiffing.

Two words...Scott Bora$.
No, SHARK. Your two words should have been, "Tommy John." This is (supposedly) about the guy's health, not his salary.

I give the Nats credit for sticking to their plan. I would be absolutely pissed off as all hell if I was a Nats fan. They are likely going to be the #1 seed in the NL Playoffs, and because of a juiced up Melky Cabrera, they have homefield if they make the WS. Once they realized how goddam good their team was this year, the Nats could have spaced him out quite a bit, especially in the 2nd half of the season to limit his innings.

I'm just glad he'll be around to start for me in my fantasy baseball playoffs :lol:

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
Frank Coztansa wrote:
[Once they realized how goddam good their team was this year, the Nats could have spaced him out quite a bit, especially in the 2nd half of the season to limit his innings.

Im not sure that's a viable plan. Maybe one long shutdown.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 39560
Location: Barfagloggle, Indiana
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?

_________________
Kid Cairo's Boers & Bernstein YouTube Channel

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47857
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?


He's all about the Benjamins.

Like Ke$ha.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71182
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?

Someone may have had a mult a while back that spelled it that way.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 39560
Location: Barfagloggle, Indiana
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?


He's all about the Benjamins.

It was never clever though. And how is that different from any other agent in any field of business anywhere? Are not all agents pretty much working with the same goals in mind for their clients?

_________________
Kid Cairo's Boers & Bernstein YouTube Channel

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 59537
Location: Suburbs FTW!
pizza_Place: SWEET BABY RAY"S?
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
[Once they realized how goddam good their team was this year, the Nats could have spaced him out quite a bit, especially in the 2nd half of the season to limit his innings.
Im not sure that's a viable plan. Maybe one long shutdown.
I don't think its viable to totally shut a pitcher down for 2-6 weeks and then bring him back to go balls to the wall in the playoffs. Nobody ever does that unless they are rehabbing an injury, and even then they to go the minors to start a couple of games.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
First off, the [2016 Cubs World Series] title was never a huge deal to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 33098
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?

Someone may have had a mult a while back that spelled it that way.

I never pictured $HARK as a multer.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47857
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?


He's all about the Benjamins.

It was never clever though. And how is that different from any other agent in any field of business anywhere? Are not all agents pretty much working with the same goals in mind for their clients?


How should I know?!

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?

Someone may have had a mult a while back that spelled it that way.

I never pictured $HARK as a multer.

Me neither, just a repeater.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 39560
Location: Barfagloggle, Indiana
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
You mad at me Peeps?

_________________
Kid Cairo's Boers & Bernstein YouTube Channel

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 pm
Posts: 26000
Location: Lurking Below the Surface...
pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's like Robert Wuhl's character "Arlis$" on that HBO series many years ago. Scott Boras cares only about the almighty dollar, just like "Arlis$" back in the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 pm
Posts: 4852
pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Terry's Peeps wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Why does he spell Scott Boras' name with a dollar sign like that? What is that supposed to mean?


He's all about the Benjamins.

Like Ke$ha.

or $eacre$t.

_________________
Everyone is digging in a parallel line
People always live and die in 4/4 time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 47857
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
You mad at me Peeps?


Not in the slightest.

That was a typical SHARK response after a question.

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
If presented with a fact(s) that I do not like, I'll tell myself it's false.


chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 39560
Location: Barfagloggle, Indiana
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SHARK wrote:
Scott Boras cares only about the almighty dollar, just like "Arlis$" back in the day.

Name me an agent that doesn't.

_________________
Kid Cairo's Boers & Bernstein YouTube Channel

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group