It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 53098
rogers park bryan wrote:
[
I like BA with RISP or with Runners on base


You didn't last year

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
[
I like BA with RISP or with Runners on base


You didn't last year

Yes, I did.

I never said a bad word about that stat. I know Rizzo's wasnt great. He wasnt great last year.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
badrogue17 wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He now plays for an offensive juggernaut, so the "run support" excuse is gone.

Oakland is 22nd in runs scored since the trading deadline. The Cubs are 15th.

Poor Jeff Samardzija can't get a break.

Its probably his fault anyway.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 20050
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Pequod's / Marino's / Gino's East
badrogue17 wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He now plays for an offensive juggernaut, so the "run support" excuse is gone.

Oakland is 22nd in runs scored since the trading deadline. The Cubs are 15th.

Poor Jeff Samardzija can't get a break.

Actually, the number for Jeff Samardzija run support since joining Oakland is very high. The bad news for him is that those runs largely came in only two of his starts. (22 runs of support during the innings he pitched in those two games)

_________________
Trade Schwarber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 43305
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He now plays for an offensive juggernaut, so the "run support" excuse is gone.

Oakland is 22nd in runs scored since the trading deadline. The Cubs are 15th.


So then a fraction of a run per game over the course of a season isn't a big thing? Or it is? I'm so confused!

Of course it is.

Nothing IMU wrote suggests anything different.



Are you kidding? What you and IMU are suggesting is that the runs scored in a span of twenty-five games is somehow more important (as it serves your argument) than the actual average runs per game scored by Samardzija's team.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 43305
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
immessedup17 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He now plays for an offensive juggernaut, so the "run support" excuse is gone.

Oakland is 22nd in runs scored since the trading deadline. The Cubs are 15th.

Poor Jeff Samardzija can't get a break.

Actually, the number for Jeff Samardzija run support since joining Oakland is very high. The bad news for him is that those runs largely came in only two of his starts. (22 runs of support during the innings he pitched in those two games)



I think some of you need to take a Statistics 101 class.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 2827
Location: who wants to know?
I think the only thing i can conclude from looking at Jeff Samardzija's stats is that he's nothing special. Inconsistent and or average. Definitely not an ace or a stopper or whatever term you want to use and the Cubs did well not to offer him a ridiculous contract like some other idiot GM assuredly will.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Of course it is.

Nothing IMU wrote suggests anything different.



Are you kidding? What you and IMU are suggesting is that the runs scored in a span of twenty-five games is somehow more important (as it serves your argument) than the actual average runs per game scored by Samardzija's team.

No, Im not kidding. You're making ridiculous assumptions based off your own ridiculous leaps.

The runs scored before Jeff Samardzija was on the team did not affect Jeff Samardzija (Why did I have to type that?)


The team changed. You just laid that out in the Cespedes argument. But it doesnt matter. We have exact numbers.

Either way, we can look at the games Samardzija pitched and what they scored. We have the numbers. That's all that really matters here

He's been average.


To say he's losing the division for them is absolutely ridiculous with all the offensive struggles they've had.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 43305
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
The team changed. You just laid that out in the Cespedes argument. But it doesnt matter. We have exact numbers.



He was on the team with Cespedes for some of that time. Regardless, I think we can agree that 25 games is a pretty short sample. And anyway, you're getting closer to acknowledging that today's game has little bearing on the overall offensive production of a team throughout the season.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 43305
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
To say he's losing the division for them is absolutely ridiculous with all the offensive struggles they've had.



Why is it so easy for you to credit Jeff Samardzija for his mediocre performace but so difficult for you to acknowledge the superior pitching of guys who face his teams, instead blaming "offensive struggles". If that's the way we're going to look at it, maybe Samardzija is the worst pitcher ever and he just has a low WHIP because of the offensive struggles of certain batters on the days they happen to face him.

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
To say he's losing the division for them is absolutely ridiculous with all the offensive struggles they've had.



Why is it so easy for you to credit Jeff Samardzija for his mediocre performace but so difficult for you to acknowledge the superior pitching of guys who face his teams, instead blaming "offensive struggles". If that's the way we're going to look at it, maybe Samardzija is the worst pitcher ever and he just has a low WHIP because of the offensive struggles of certain batters on the days they happen to face him.

I havent credited him. Ive said, repeatedly, that he's been average.

The offense has been horrid and is a far bigger reason for their struggles. (he only plays every 5th day)


Do you think Brandon Moss has just happened to face great pitchers in the second half or is it more likely the problem is with him?

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 43305
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
To say he's losing the division for them is absolutely ridiculous with all the offensive struggles they've had.



Why is it so easy for you to credit Jeff Samardzija for his mediocre performace but so difficult for you to acknowledge the superior pitching of guys who face his teams, instead blaming "offensive struggles". If that's the way we're going to look at it, maybe Samardzija is the worst pitcher ever and he just has a low WHIP because of the offensive struggles of certain batters on the days they happen to face him.

I havent credited him. Ive said, repeatedly, that he's been average.

The offense has been horrid and is a far bigger reason for their struggles. (he only plays every 5th day)


Do you think Brandon Moss has just happened to face great pitchers in the second half or is it more likely the problem is with him?



I don't know, but as I've said time and time again, today's game is today's game and largely unrelated to other games.

You have stated that a fraction of a run per game is a lot. So I would ask, when is the average offense a team has produced pertinent and when is it not?

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
To say he's losing the division for them is absolutely ridiculous with all the offensive struggles they've had.



Why is it so easy for you to credit Jeff Samardzija for his mediocre performace but so difficult for you to acknowledge the superior pitching of guys who face his teams, instead blaming "offensive struggles". If that's the way we're going to look at it, maybe Samardzija is the worst pitcher ever and he just has a low WHIP because of the offensive struggles of certain batters on the days they happen to face him.

I havent credited him. Ive said, repeatedly, that he's been average.

The offense has been horrid and is a far bigger reason for their struggles. (he only plays every 5th day)


Do you think Brandon Moss has just happened to face great pitchers in the second half or is it more likely the problem is with him?



I don't know, but as I've said time and time again, today's game is today's game and largely unrelated to other games.

You have stated that a fraction of a run per game is a lot. So I would ask, when is the average offense a team has produced pertinent and when is it not?

Always pertinent but not always the same perameters.

Sometimes looking at a monthly chart can tell you more than a yearly. Each situation is different.


Oh and the problem is with Moss not that he's facing superior pitching all of a sudden. You know that

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 2827
Location: who wants to know?
when it suits the argument. we all know that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
WestmontMike wrote:
when it suits the argument. we all know that.

Total Bullshit. I dont spin and Im not attempting to back anything up here.

The guy who started this thread likes Wins until Samardizija gets one. Then he starts talking about how great the A's are and how Samardzija was fortunate.


And I have no agenda here if that's what you're suggesting. If anything I should want Samardzija to be bad after he shunned my team.


You guys are the ones attempting to spin by using the average thats skewed by 22 runs in two games.


Im really getting a kick out of the arrogance on your side of the argument though. Like its ridiculous to even discuss such things. Pitching wins tell the whole story and that's that.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 2827
Location: who wants to know?
rogers park bryan wrote:
You guys are also very arrogant on that side of the argument. Like its ridiculous to even discuss.


:lol: which one are you, the pot or the kettle?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
WestmontMike wrote:
I think the only thing i can conclude from looking at Jeff Samardzija's stats is that he's nothing special. Inconsistent and or average. Definitely not an ace or a stopper or whatever term you want to use and the Cubs did well not to offer him a ridiculous contract like some other idiot GM assuredly will.

I dont think anyone on this board has any other take than that.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
WestmontMike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
You guys are also very arrogant on that side of the argument. Like its ridiculous to even discuss.


:lol: which one are you, the pot or the kettle?

No, see you say that but thats not true at all.

Im here discussing a very out there theory and Ive not been dismissive of it. I disagree with it and have made my arguments. The only time Ive criticized anyone is when they've misrepresented my take.


Show me where Ive been arrogant.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 2827
Location: who wants to know?
i honestly don't see arrogance from anyone. I'm reading everything as sarcasm. maybe i'm wrong on that then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
The funny/sad thing about this is that we all pretty much agree on every player. Just not the way we got to the conclusion.

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 53098
rogers park bryan wrote:
[ If anything I should want Samardzija to be bad after he shunned my team..


residual ND love

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 15710
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
8)
Another bad outing for this bum.

7ip
4 earned runs
another Loss.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
This As nose dive is really something

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21477
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I wonder if his/ the A's performance has hurt his free agency pay day or if some dumbass GM will still give him the 100 million plus he wants

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
badrogue17 wrote:
I wonder if his/ the A's performance has hurt his free agency pay day or if some dumbass GM will still give him the 100 million plus he wants

I think he's pretty equal to Homer Bailey

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 21477
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
I wonder if his/ the A's performance has hurt his free agency pay day or if some dumbass GM will still give him the 100 million plus he wants

I think he's pretty equal to Homer Bailey

Yeah but I'm pretty sure most GMs know that Baileys was a bad contract. I'm willing to bet he doesn't get much more than the 4/17 the Cubs offered that he turned down.

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.



OnePost wrote:
If you want to continue to post your misinformed bullshit, don't be upset when it gets shoved up your ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
badrogue17 wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
I wonder if his/ the A's performance has hurt his free agency pay day or if some dumbass GM will still give him the 100 million plus he wants

I think he's pretty equal to Homer Bailey

Yeah but I'm pretty sure most GMs know that Baileys was a bad contract. I'm willing to bet he doesn't get much more than the 4/17 the Cubs offered that he turned down.

I don't know. It seems there is always one willing GM. Well see


He's still signed thru next year so who knows what happens between now and then

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:58 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 43305
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
This As nose dive is really something



Beane abandoned his principles and ruined his team.

You may not agree that Samardzija is losing the division for them, but he's sure doing his part. He's also doing his part to fuck the Lil Stoners! :lol:

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 53098
Chris Bosio is the guy who won the Samardzija trade

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71799
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
This As nose dive is really something



Beane abandoned his principles and ruined his team.

You may not agree that Samardzija is losing the division for them, but he's sure doing his part. He's also doing his part to fuck the Lil Stoners! :lol:

He's been average. They're offense has been horrible

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group