It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Astros are getting no-hit by the Tribe.

Bauer could only go through 6 since he struck out 11K and had 5 walks.

Astros and Cubs are going to compete against each other for most strikeouts. Both teams need tennis rackets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Kirkwood wrote:
Astros are getting no-hit by the Tribe.

Bauer could only go through 6 since he struck out 11K and had 5 walks.

Astros and Cubs are going to compete against each other for most strikeouts. Both teams need tennis rackets.

Gattis has struck out 8 straight times for the Astros.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Harvey made Bryce harper look silly today. 2nd at bat = he was swinging at strike 3 despite it being eyeball level for little lord #NATITUDE!

Strasburg still hasn't pitched in the 9th inning yet, has he? Maybe it's the eighth. Either way that dude throws a lot of pitches and got his first K with Matt Harvey while he had 4K during his first go through the nats' lineup...

...and nas gave me kershaw AND darvish for Strasburg! #birthright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
sinicalypse wrote:
...and nas gave me kershaw AND darvish for Strasburg! #birthright

Is this true?

Nas may be the worst fantasy baseball player ever.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Ian Kennedy leaves game with injury

left hamstring strain.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:42 pm 

Apologist wrote:
Ian Kennedy leaves game with injury

left hamstring strain.

and the guy who should be starting over at least brandon morrow, odrisamer despaigne, has come in and given 4.2 perfect innings thus far. he was straight 0s for 3.2+ but in the last inning he finally got a K.

btw odrisamer despaigne is hopefully going along with justin upton and colby rasmus for jacob degrom and khris davis and carl crawford, assuming the ~5 days it's been allowed to marinate (while ~5+ other trades have been pushed through same-day) haven't allowed it to collect enough vetoes. i'm getting too much! (read: the league is fucked if i get pitching even tho the guys i have already aren't entirely chopped liver * glares at kendall graveman *)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:10 pm 

Albert's 521st HR.

The big fly tied Pujols with Ted Williams, Willie McCovey, and Frank Thomas at 521 career home runs for 18th all-time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:31 am 

hell of a day today!

once again, clayton kershaw proves that his kryptonite is either pitching in the playoffs or pitching @ chase field in arizona. with today's 6R/5ER performance he ran his alltime record to 4-7 there, and that was offset by archie bradley going out there and giving 6IP of 0ER 6K ball.

aaaahhhh-cheeee was akin to syndergaard last year in that they entered the year highly touted / can't miss prospects and they fell off pretty hard in the minors, but this season they seem to be showing signs of coming good again... call it the anothony rizzo plan, eh?

madisom bumgarner also got got tonight but hey after last season's world series heroics i'm expecting his arm to explode this year. c'est la vie.

anyways tomorrow i'm looking forward to seeing cincinnati's 5th starter raisel iglesias... he's a ~26 year old cuban dude who throws 94-96 with some funky movement on his pitches and since he signed this offseason and started in the big league camp, there's a chance that he never sees the minors in his career if he can stick with the big team. him and desclafani are the two new guys on the reds i've been keen to watch this year, and descla looked good b4 a rain delay wiped him out of the game. c'est la vie.

but who am i shitting? chris sale is riding in on a white horse to save the white sox season! come one come all!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 am 

btw if you guys haven't seen miguel cabrera yet this season, when i finally saw him yesterday i was like "hey wait a minute he doesn't look fat and bloated this year" and go figure after the first week he's hitting a robust .520 with 2HR 8RBI and 4BB/1K. that's good for your basic 1.426 OPS.

"he's in the best shape since he was a marlin" ??? bring it. i kept dude over trout for a reason.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:24 pm 

ok whatever karma i've got from being in an asshole in that other thread tonight has been made up for by taijuan walker, who has gone out and given up 5ER in 4IP tonight.

holy fucking SHITFULKJCLSAHFOHGVGVDSBHA;hsvbgl
fdkgk./jlsw.HNBV DOKAD.klDWAB,SVDBMLIsaVNGFILDVGXMSKWuvn gkduszgmfc ulkgd

and uh yeah because i made a roster move last night after i set up trevor bauer to start today in my league, it reverted my roster today to where he was benched and when i noticed at like 10mins after 11am i was like HOLY SHIT.

so yeah basically b4 i go try to find one of my town's many skunks and kick it squarely in the genitals, just know that the baseball gods have trolled me in ways that others on this board cannot do. they got me to think taijuan walker was good at one point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:37 pm 

Strasburg vs the Phillies thru 3

Strike
Flyout
Groundout
Strike
Ball
Strike
Foul
Strike
Popout
Strike
Foul
Ball
Flyout
Strike
Groundout
Foul
Bunt out
Strike
Groundout
Ball
Flyout

21 pitches, 9 outs

:shock:

Now through 4 with 32 pitches.
modern record for 9 innings is 70

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:41 pm 

Good GOB, the Phillies are terrible.

Freddy Galvis, Cody Asche, and Jeff Francouer is the top of their order..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:32 pm 

Hey apologist, a guy on IRC once said there were at least 20 pitchers in MLB he'd take b4 strasburg. I scoffed at first, but then I counted and dadgummit he was right.

Do you have 20 in you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:34 pm 

Easily.. even a few prospects. Strasburg is already 1 TJS in

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:42 pm 

Apologist wrote:
Easily.. even a few prospects. Strasburg is already 1 TJS in

Whoa hold on, is there a new epidemic of multiple TJ surgeries now? I found out that degrom and matz both have had em already for the mets and I was like WOOHOO! cuz now i've got a few good years without having to worry about inevitable TJ surgery.

Off the top of my head... recently didn't medlen and beachy have 2? Hell didn't your boy wainwright too? But IIRC both medlen and beachy never came back and pitched like, say degrom and Harvey are pitching now. They went down and effectively stayed down and then needed the 2nd, right?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:48 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:59 am 

What Lawrie did to Escobar was bullshit, late slide with spikes up. I hope the Royals keep throwing at that piece of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ruben Amaro is a doofus. However, he was right to wait on Cole Hamels. The criticism volleyed his way this offseason for handing the Hamels trade negotiations was clearly sour grapes.

Cardinals lose Wainwright. Dodgers lose McCarthy and Ryu is banged up. Red Sox have worst starting ERA in majors.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:12 am 

noah syndergaard is being called up to face the cubs on tuesday! they call him "thor" because he throws "thunderbolts"

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Royals @ Tigers resumed after a rain delay. tied 1-1, bottom of 9th.

KC walks Miguel Cabrera to start the bottom of the 9th....Tigers pull Cabrera for a pinch runner, trying to manufacture a winning run here.

Ausmus have another pinch runner on his bench? V-mart singles, moves the runner up 1 base, with 0 out. But V-Mart is the slowest runner in MLB, easy to double up.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:53 pm 

ok well i didnt go and make a DBOTW thread for mets manager terry collins cuz today on the brewers broadcast of a syndergaard start i heard "terry collins said he has 1-2 more starts left as dillon gee is on the road back...."

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!

syndergaard has a no hitter through 3 and the brewers are laying the fuck down and watching syndergaard make his citi field debut.... and like yeah that coghlan 2R HR hurt last time out, but what the fuck do you want from the kid? he's a beast! he has nothing to prove at AAA other than he needs experience facing MLB hitters and uhhhh yeah dillon gee had something like 50 straight starts of 5IP or more or something and yes he's very cromulent and all that, and i know you're not trotting out syndergaard for 200 innings this year BUT HOLY SHIT YOU MANAGE THIS GODDAMN TEAM ARE YOU WATCHING HIM? LET HIM DO HIS EVERY 5 DAYS THING THEN IN/AROUND SEPT YOU CAN PUT HIM IN THE PEN FOR THE PLAYOFFS TO LIMIT HIS INNINGS!

jesus christ almighty man if they send thor down to AAA after this i guarantee you he gets hit around and has a ~4 ERA when its all said and done cuz this would be some legit "WTF" territory unless he blows up and gives up 4+ ER to milwaukee today and another 3+ the next time out. without that stupid fucking HR from coghlan he woulda went ~6 innings giving up 1-2ER or whatever, and hell as it was he only ended up in that situation because daniel murphy lollygagged on what shoulda been a 5-3 third out and cost him another 20-25 pitches in an inning where he was crusiing, otherwise he would have aced the 6th inning too.

so yeah seriously.... anybody else watching his start today like the appointment baseball it is? WHAT DOES THIS KID HAVE TO DO IN AAA OTHER THAN BE FUCKED OVER?!?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:57 am 

ok welp i guess i did a great job of perpetuating this thread.... but still fuck all that old may17/earlier bullshit cuz today is a great day for baseball:

JOSE FERNANDEZ IS BACK AT 11:10AM!!!!!!

that's right, everyone's favorite pitcher who is known to scare the occasional manship* and make tulo look like "just a guy" is evidently tired of striking out ~8 in 4-5 innings in various minor league levels, so he's back to the bigs and ready to continue his extremely promising career. i remember watching significant chunks of every game on opening day/s 2014 (includingf the super-early dodgers in australia shit) and i said that jose fernandez was the best pitcher i saw on opening day/s 2014 and i stand by it. plus the kid is fun and likely going to be one of the leaders of that marlins team since i think he's more vocal than giancarlo "don't call me mike" stanton.

remember, when he was making his MLB debut vs the mets a reporter asked him if he was afraid of facing david wright in his MLB debut and he said "i was afraid when i was on the raft and they were shooting at me. i was afraid when my grandma fell in the water and i thought i'd never see her again. i was afraid when i was in jail and i didn't ever know if i'd be free again. what's david wright going to do to me?" --- i branded that man a cicero rockstar for life and haven't looked back since. he's definitely taken over the mantle of "my favorite pitcher" from chuckles 'dinner and a show' zambrano. welcome back jose!

oh yeah and matt moore also makes his comeback from TJ surgery for the rays at the same exact time! matt moore was my #1 coveted pitching prospect as he owned the minor leagues from like 2009-2011, and i think it's pretty fair to assume/speculate that the guy was pitching with an arm that was tearing itself apart from as early as the 2012 srretch ruin (when he started having really wacky velocity problems and managed to pitch through it) --- in 2013 he started off the first month or two in fantastic shape with a ~2.30 ERA or something, but then he hit the wall for 2 beyond god-awful starts and had a 4.50 ERA for his troubles. he took ~3 weeks off and came back and worked that ERA down to like 3.49/1.27 before petering out in either his 2nd or 3rd start of 2014. jhis recovery took a little bit longer than jose fernandez cuz he went down by like april 10-15, and jose i wanna say was like mid to mid-late may? but still 2 !!!! pitchers and two comebacks today at 11am..... its days like this i'm glad i dont have to go out and do the proper job today so i can stay home and do my gig here while i've got jose fernandez oin the HDTV and matt moore on the laptop. woo!

* = https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/assets/4472403 ... anship.gif (the a4mentioned animated gif wont show up on the board cuz of image dimensions or something)

and in case you forgot, here's jose fernandez absoluitely pwning troy tulowitzki.... twice!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Andre Ethier tries to break his bat in the dugout after being robbed by A's Manager Bob Melvin's brilliant substitution of 6'4" 1B/relief pitcher Ike Davis for 6'1" Billy Butler robs Ethier of a late inning lead off double:

https://vine.co/v/eXMWXvUQu72

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:13 am 

man are the dodgers the MLB equivalent of the bengals or what...