pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Addison Russell - trade
Kyle Hendricks - trade
Neil Ramirez - trade
Justin Grimm - trade
Anthony Rizzo - trade
Hector Rondon - "trade"
Travis Wood - trade

all those players are 28 or younger and considered trades even though the Cubs spent resources developing them.

Post subject: Re: The right way
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Kirkwood wrote:
Addison Russell - trade
Kyle Hendricks - trade
Neil Ramirez - trade
Justin Grimm - trade
Anthony Rizzo - trade
Hector Rondon - "trade"
Travis Wood - trade

all those players are 28 or younger and considered trades even though the Cubs spent resources developing them.

Just let them be. It's how they cope.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Addison Russell - trade
Kyle Hendricks - trade
Neil Ramirez - trade
Justin Grimm - trade
Anthony Rizzo - trade
Hector Rondon - "trade"
Travis Wood - trade

Just let them be. It's how they cope.

:lol:
:lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:12 pm 

Free Agents:
Jon Lester
Jason Hammel
Tsuyoshi Wada
David Ross
Chris Coghlan

Really flexing the Big Market Money to grab those guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
technically doesn't any team that wins a world series do it "the right way" ???

i mean who's to say that the cubs don't end up like the 90s braves and maybe don't even get that 1 token championship.... is it then preferable to be the 90s braves as opposed to the 02 angels or 97/03 marlins (pick 1)? is "right" winning even 1 championship or is it being a perennial division winner / playoff team for 5-15 years and then hoping you get lucky in october a few times?

plus there's that whole thing where "the right way" invites fanbases to be pedantic and looking down on everyone else like even if your team won a championship THEY DIDNT DO IT THE *RIGHT* WAY LIKE WE DID! STFU AND BE MORE LIKE US!!!! (which is something like 90-95% of advice most people give you if you stop and think about it and/or break it down)

so yeah idk what "right" is cuz that's a nebulous term and uhhhh yeah, i think whether by hook or crook you sneak one via a wild card entry or whether you win 110 games for 10 years straight and get one by virtue of being THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL from coast to coast, the ends ultimately justify the means and we end up in raiderspeak territory saying "JUST WIN BABY"

tho i'd guess that cub fans are hedging their bets with this "right way" crap and any sort of playoff losses from game 163 to the world series will be rationalized with "we did it THE RIGHT WAY and we'll be here for 10-15+ years.... what about you? we built prolonged/eternal success and all these other guys are trying to get lucky like it's still summer 2014 somewhere and we're still singing along to daft punk"

c'est la vie, no?

Last edited by sinicalypse on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:21 pm 

The problem, sini, is that Sox fans use the phrase "the right way" 500% more than Cubs fans. In fact, I've never once heard a Cub fan utter the words "the right way."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:22 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
The problem, sini, is that Sox fans use the phrase "the right way" 500% more than Cubs fans. In fact, I've never once heard a Cub fan utter the words "the right way."
http://www.score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=51426

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:24 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm aware the owner said it. It's not like Cubs fans are running around shouting "the right way!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
No, they are running around shouting other stupid things like "its gonna happen" and "this is the year." ABC 7 just interviewed a moron in front of Wrigley who uttered both of those statements.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:27 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm aware the owner said it. It's not like Cubs fans are running around shouting "the right way!"
If true then I'm happy to hear that Cubs fans no longer think their rebuilding job was anything remarkable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
No, they are running around shouting other stupid things like "its gonna happen" and "this is the year." ABC 7 just interviewed a moron in front of Wrigley who uttered both of those statements.

Sounds like a great sample size.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Serious question Frank, why do you hate the Cub and their fans so much?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:34 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

what should an excited fan say?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Sounds like a great sample size.

huh, they found a guy (probably unemployed) standing in front of Wrigley and interviewed him....surprised he didn't say aliens were going to abduct Joe Maddon....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm 

that chart, Keyser, is very funny btw. I like it.

I don't see why the "magic/excitement" this time around is any greater than it was back in 2003. Not a Cubs fan but even I was excited back then.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Kirkwood wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: I was just wondering that. Is a fan supposed to say "we are just taking it one game at a time"? Quiet contemplation...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:37 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't see why the "magic/excitement" this time around is any greater than it was back in 2003. Not a Cubs fan but even I was excited back then.

I don't know that it is. I was in college at the time and it was pretty electric. Wood and Prior were young fan favorites.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: I was just wondering that. Is a fan supposed to say "we are just taking it one game at a time"? Quiet contemplation...

I was interviewed twice during 2005. I restrained myself from shouting "IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:40 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

touche.... i can say that as a baseball fan who was born and raised a cubs fan (with almost exclusively cubs fans in my family, tho my dad is technically just a chicago fan and doesnt really have an allegiance as much as he has 2 chances to win) but got into the expos when he got into baseball that i think i have a pretty even keeled view about all of this stuff from an inherently neutral perspective (tho cubs fans like to have me HAVE TO ADMIT that i have EVEN A LITTLE cub-hate because i'm not ostensibly 100% pom-pom waving WOO CUBBIES!!!! like i'm supposed to be) ---- so here's how i see it:

- yes, sox fans are indeed going out of their way to talk some shit and stick it to cubs fans and make them "eat their words" and point out any faults/flaws/issues with the team because of not only the miserable/self-loathing sox fan archetype/stereotype, but because....

- cubs fans have this weird pedantic vibe about them cuz, honestly, all of the stuff that could have been said or at times was actually said over the last 3-5 years of complete rebuild certainly looks like it's working out pretty damn well. honestly i dont think cubs fans are inherently built to deal with success "the right way" and therefore it's hard to act like you've been in the endzone b4 cuz even when you were running to the endzone 10+yds ahead of the nearest defender you'd end up spiking the ball b4 it crossed the goal line, you know what i'm saying? it's like you hang the severed goat heads from the statues outside wrigley b4 you even break the curse, you know?

obviously there's going to be counter-examples and a whole lot of 'I/WE NEVER TECHNICALLY SAID [whatever sox fans attribute to them]" and therefore he-said/she-said but at its core i think cubs fans en masse are beyond thrilled at how everything they (vocally?) could have hoped for over the last ~5yrs is seemingly working out maybe even better (and definitely sooner) than expected and OF COURSE you're gonna wanna stick it to the haters and have them eat some crow. that's part of the game and quite frankly right now cubs fans have earned the right to puff their chests out a bit and thump 'em somewhat and be like "yeah see hey this whole plan thing wasn't a completely shit idea now was it?"

however, as a sox fan or a neutral like myself might remind you (and this is where i get that "COMEON SINI ADMIT THAT YOU HAVE A LIL CUB HATE" stuff cuz that vibe i get is DUH! YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST RESPECT THE HELL OUT OF THIS CUB THING EVEN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT) i think there might be a little too much getting ahead of yourselves re: the game 163/WC sure thing with arrieta out there and then expectations for a quality playoff run that has you liking your chances against the cardinals in a 7 game series and then beyond..... and hey you've beaten kershaw this year! and hey you ARE good and this team isn't joe maddon working voodoo with a .500 team and getting lucky.... you're a legit 90something win team with arguably the brighest future in baseball, especially if you get more arrietaesque pitching.

and again, i think cubs fans deserve to puff those chests out and thump away some.... but i'd be awfully cautious about this game 163/WC thing and i'd worry about rationalizing any defeat into a "we're gonna be here forever" stereotype.... and hey while i cant completely fault all y'all for wanting to talk some shit cuz you have earned the right to, again, i still think you'd be equal to what you deserve and where i feel you're at with puffy-chestedness AT THIS MOMENT if you won the division and were for sure not having to go through a gerrit cole start to get to a proper playoff series.

soooo yeah that said, cubs fans are definitely being a bit pedantic and "i told you so" and whatnot, prolly a little too much given their current situation where i think ppl aren't as worried as they should be about game 163/WC but hey given the suffering and the fact that they're the cubs this is mostly deserved but a little over the top...... and then sox fans are going out of their way to overtroll the cubs fans in the hopes that shit hits the fan (TOMORROW PER RANGER JUST NOW! LOL) wednesday and getting out in front of this and yeah, i get where they're coming from and quite honestly this is the beauty of the rivalry.... but i think given the burgeoning cubpacalypse on our hands both sides are too eager to get in each other's faces like NYAH NYAH NYAH so no matter what happens on wednesday, the shit's gonna go down. and if the cubs dont lose wednesday this will continue on building up to a fever pitch if/when the cubs face elimination over the next few weeks.... and one side will claim victory with another side saying wait til next year, and of coruse if the cubs win the championship this year i think the sox fans will face SOOOOOO much shit that they won't just have egg on their face, they'll have their whole head up a chicken's ass.

TLDR = both sides are being overzealous and bringing out the worst stereotypes of each respective fandom, and right now both sides are over the level they should be at IMO, but in the end i think both sides are right that the other side is being annoying.... except that cubs fans' annoyingness is technically understated and more smarmy and subtle and implied and thusly pedantic, whereas sox fans are wearing their hearts on their sleeve and not even bothering with trying to hide/suppress it like cubs fans have been doing all year, and that's either really gallant or really stupid/unsophisticated depending on how you look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:48 pm 

yeah sorry i TLDR'd there but at least i bolded the last paragraph to sum it up for the skimmers.... it's just that i'm really trying to be fair to both sides and it's kind of complicated for me to say what i want as clearly and definitively as i want to, and y'all know me i'm a wordy motherfucker when i'm trying to get my point across 100% clear.

both sides are being relatively "annoying" and are being different types of relatively "annoying" and i totally get it and understand why things are ramped up a bit more than they ideally should be cuz the things that bring us together are kinda fucked right now cuz 1) the bears suck and 2) we're not supposed to 100% cheer on the winners in town cuz they have a rapist* on the ice.

* = WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT..... but comeon he's patrick kane so you know he raped her!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:49 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I was interviewed twice during 2005. I restrained myself from shouting "IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!"

that's because you didn't think it would! :eye:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Nowadays it's "IT'S TOO SOON"

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You were probably too busy telling them that it was going to happen regardless of who was managing the team.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You were probably too busy telling them that it was going to happen regardless of who was managing the team.

I knew if it happened Guillen would be sitting on the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course you did. You're great at predicting baseball outcomes.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Of course you did. You're great at predicting baseball outcomes.

Thank you. Wait 'til next year. You're rooting for it anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=70556&p=1452546&hilit=Rebuilding+the+right+way#p1452546