It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If Span stays healthy, great sign in that big outfield. This years Giants feel like last years Padres..Washington is the only team I'm concerned about beating the Cubs in the post season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:55 pm 

Lazarito had his workout and reports say he's too muscular and stiff (how often do you hear that about a 16 yr old??). It's obviously bullshit this kid is 16 yrs old and complete bullshit he's anywhere near clean. They have to address this serious problem during the next CBA. There has to be an international draft and some type of combine with better documentation that these guys really are who they say they are. It's a difficult problem without any easy solutions but something has to be done because the current system does not work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Lazarito had his workout and reports say he's too muscular and stiff (how often do you hear that about a 16 yr old??). It's obviously bullshit this kid is 16 yrs old and complete bullshit he's anywhere near clean. They have to address this serious problem during the next CBA. There has to be an international draft and some type of combine with better documentation that these guys really are who they say they are. It's a difficult problem without any easy solutions but something has to be done because the current system does not work.

Agreed. With Cubans, you have to add 5yrs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Alexi Ramirez to San Diego.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The qualifying offer really needs to be done away with. The free agent market is completely jammed because teams aren't willing to fork over cash and a first rounder for Desmond, Kennedy or Fowler.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:04 am 

The Orioles have agreed with Chris Davis on a 7yr/$161M contract. The deal does not include an opt-out, but does include a full no-trade clause.

Well for good or bad they finally got a deal done. $23M AAV. Even if the deal is front loaded in years 5-7 this could be the worst contract in baseball. Davis will hit a ton of home runs in the next few years while providing little else. When those home runs go away he's a completely useless player.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:21 am 

The Royals have agreed to terms with Ian Kennedy on a 5yr/$70M contract. It includes an opt out after year 2.

On the surface a $14M AAV looks like an overpay but I don't think it is. Kennedy is an extreme flyball pitcher so KC is betting on their big ballpark and excellent outfield defense to give him a big boost. Plus he's not a power pitcher so the likelihood that his stuff diminishes or he suffers a serious arm injury is lessened. Kennedy will take the ball every 5th day give them length and KC will win games with their shutdown bullpen and great defense. I really like this signing for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:27 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
The Orioles have agreed with Chris Davis on a 7yr/$161M contract. The deal does not include an opt-out, but does include a full no-trade clause.

Well for good or bad they finally got a deal done. $23M AAV. Even if the deal is front loaded in years 5-7 this could be the worst contract in baseball. Davis will hit a ton of home runs in the next few years while providing little else. When those home runs go away he's a completely useless player.

This should help the Sox with Cespedes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Thin crust cheese extra cheese ....Pizza DOC
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
Justin Upton, Detroit #Tigers have agreed in principal to six-year deal
http://usat.ly/1V3yZ9u via @usatoday

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: Upton six-year deal with #Tigers expected to be in $125M range. Agreed upon in principal, per @BNightengale.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:58 pm 

He got a 2 yr opt out. Son of a bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
THE INQUISITOR wrote:

Sources: Upton six-year deal with #Tigers expected to be in $125M range. Agreed upon in principal, per @BNightengale.

This is a bad signing, Detroit has the worst contracts in mlb now..they are not going to win that division for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:14 am 

perfect time for the Sox to move on Cespedes now, with their convention this weekend. 3 years obviously isn't going to get it done. I think you can target a contract between that of Gordon and Upton.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
312player wrote:
THE INQUISITOR wrote:

This is a bad signing, Detroit has the worst contracts in mlb now..they are not going to win that division for the foreseeable future.

Upton will destroy that team like he destroyed San Diego.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
San Diego came pre-destroyed. My best guess on Preller is that he's trying to take advantage of the compensation pick system before its gone. The Padres have 5 of the first 75 picks, including #8 overall. That doesn't explain the James Shields signing, but flipping pitchers has been in style for a few years now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:12 pm 

Three years, $75M for Cespedes from #Mets.

Jon HeymanVerified account
‏@JonHeyman
mets and cespedes have a deal. 3 years guaranteed. opt out after 1.

So full Cespedes deal with #Mets, per sources: Three years, $75M, full no-trade clause, opt-out after one year. Pending physical.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
if cespedes opts out, he gets $27.5M for the one year

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
He gone!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:16 am 

It sure seems like he wanted to stay in NY and everyone else was just defining a market.

I'd like to think the Sox sniffed this out causing them to never move from their three year offer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:39 pm 

Looks like Keysers wish of getting an OFer from Colorado is done

Quote:
2:35pm: Dickerson will be going to Tampa Bay, with “multiple pitchers” en route to Colorado, Rosenthal tweets. Other pieces could also be involved, too, he notes.

2:33pm: The Rockies and Rays are nearing an unspecified trade, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports on Twitter.

It’s entirely clear at present what could be involved. Recent reports have suggested the clubs could match up on a deal, potentially including outfielder Corey Dickerson on the Colorado side and reliever Jake McGee on the Tampa Bay side. But others have cast doubt on such a scenario, and it isn’t hard to imagine other ways the sides could come together.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 pm 

The D'Bags have acquired SS Jean Segura and RHP Tyler Wagner from the Brewers for 2B Aaron Hill, RHP Chase Anderson and SS Isan Diaz.

What a weird trade. I think the boy genius is making trades just to make trades. Why sell low on Segura. What's the harm in playing him to see if he bounces back. If he plays good move him at the deadline. And why do the D'Bags even want him. They have Ahmed and Owings up the middle. They wanted to get rid of Hill but that was to bring in Kendrick (which would have been a dumb move too). Chase Anderson. He's a 28 year old soft tosser. He'll be on the other side of 30 before this team is any good if he's even still in the league. The other guy is a 19 yr old SS who only played in rookie ball. Why give up on a 26 yr old big leaguer for that. Other than a salary dump for the D'Bags I really don't see the point to this trade. The boy genius gave up on a guy too early and bought a lottery ticket too soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:24 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
The D'Bags have acquired SS Jean Segura and RHP Tyler Wagner from the Brewers for 2B Aaron Hill, RHP Chase Anderson and SS Isan Diaz.

What a weird trade. I think the boy genius is making trades just to make trades. Why sell low on Segura. What's the harm in playing him to see if he bounces back. If he plays good move him at the deadline. And why do the D'Bags even want him. They have Ahmed and Owings up the middle. They wanted to get rid of Hill but that was to bring in Kendrick (which would have been a dumb move too). Chase Anderson. He's a 28 year old soft tosser. He'll be on the other side of 30 before this team is any good if he's even still in the league. The other guy is a 19 yr old SS who only played in rookie ball. Why give up on a 26 yr old big leaguer for that. Other than a salary dump for the D'Bags I really don't see the point to this trade. The boy genius gave up on a guy too early and bought a lottery ticket too soon.

The Crew has Orlando Arcia MLB Pipelines #3 SS and #6 overall on their Top 100...he should be ready to play SS he should be just about ready to play and could be up as soon as mid_April (gets the Brewers the extra control year).
Hill has one year left on his deal.
Isan Diaz the 19 y/o they just got in this deal...he will move to 2B as Arcia is a premier defensive shortstop. Diaz also fills a shortcoming in the Brewers system which is on the rise. Even though he ONLY played Rookie he did rather well he was named the MVP of the Pioneer League leading the league in total bases, extra base hits and slugging percentage. He is KEY for the Crew.

The pitchers are a wash similar guys but Anderson is back of the rotation ready and has been pretty much injury free throughout his career.

Segura had one good half season when he was first brought up after being acquired in the Greinke deal... that was in 2013. How long do they wait for his bounce back?

I find the D-backs as a simple salary dump ... Hill is owed 14 mil for 2016 and Segura may be a better hitter but Ahmed is a better fielder.

Brewers win this deal in my view.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:32 pm 

Jonny Gomes signs with Japan's Rakuten Golden Eagles

Not far enough.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:32 pm 

The Yankees added outfielder Jared Mitchell on a minor league pact, Matt Eddy of Baseball America tweets. Mitchell has been playing in the upper minors for quite some time after moving quickly upon being taken as the 23rd overall pick in the 2009 draft, but he’s yet to crack the majors. He spent most of last year with the Angels after breaking in with the White Sox, and owns a .213/.329/.338 batting line with 12 home runs and 10 stolen bases over 695 total plate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Not even bigfan cares this much about the White Sox.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:39 am 

Yulieski and Lourdes Gurriel left the Cuban team in the DR. The best player in Cuban baseball is coming to MLB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
The Delmon Young saga continues:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14741413/free-agent-outfielder-delmon-young-arrested-charged-battery

Quote:
Police responding to the scene went to Young's apartment. According to the report, the officer was greeted by Young, who was naked from the waist down. He was advised to put on clothes and provide identification.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 pm 

Jon HeymanVerified account
‏@JonHeyman
Uribe deal with Indians is for $4-5M. It is pending a physical.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:52 pm 

The Orioles and OF Dexter Fowler have agreed to a 3yr/$35M contract.

Thank God.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Keyser Soze wrote:

Thank God.

Now you have the right idea. After seeing the Cubs Plan work out so well, you don't want the Sox to sign players that will improve the team. Tank tank tank!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:54 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:

Thank God.

What did Jesse Rogers predict he would get?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next