It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Not a good start to the season. Just lost A.J. Pollock to a fractured elbow and no time table or surgery decision yet. Going to put a lot of added pressure on Peralta and Goldschmidt. Guess this seals the deal for the Giants winning the division. Its too bad because I really like this team outside of my Cub fandom.

Last edited by Crystal Lake Hoffy on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Dodgers an afterthought?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Was looking forward to Cubs v AZ .

Will be at all 4 cub b dbacks this week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
IMU wrote:
Dodgers an afterthought?

I think they are. Lost Greinke and I am not sure their starters after Kershaw can match up as well. Its an even year!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Losing Pollock kills them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Pollock is a great player but if they really are contenders then they will have to deal with injuries as they come. I also don't think the Dodgers are going away just because they lost Grienke. They're still a very good team on paper. The NL West is going to be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:31 pm 

Listening to some D Backs pre game / Sports yak and the Brooklynish guy comes on,

(in a low tone, high whisper) says , he was talking to some people over the weekend. Some very smart doctors who are also baseball fans and without seeing any xrays, they wonder if the Dbacks might have missed a hairline fracture that led to AJ's injury.

Sound like someone you know?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 pm 

We hold our fantasy draft as late as possible to avoid injuries. Got Pollock in the third rd on Thursday. Friday he breaks his goddam elbow.

Thats a killer for Az. He was close to, if not thee best player in baseball in the 2nd half
last year.

8 good teams in the NL. Maybe 7 now.

And yea Dodgers are definiteky one of them

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Greinke already given up as many earned runs as all of last year. Not a good start to the season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:36 am 

After the game manager Chip Hale, blames the media for building up Grienke's start "You got what you wanted" "You guys really put the pressure on him."

The sports talk guys in AZ arent really cutting edge and they dont say much thats interesting, but it was awfully funny listening to them all day today talk about how the Rockies beat US, the media last night.

Then of course, the fact the Dbacks who dont draw very well and have promo after promo telling fans to come out and see Grienke, who they spent $205 Mill on, thats the medias fault?

So, as they mentioned tonights game with the Rockies is at 7 PM the guys says "ITS JUST A SUGGESTION"..."WE ARENT TELLING YOU TO WATCH, BUT IF YOU WANT TO , ITS AT 7 PM"...

If a manager dropped what Chip Hale did about blaming the media in Chicago, he might have been fired after game 1.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:33 am 

This is a dumpster fire. They may not win a game all year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:09 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
After the game manager Chip Hale, blames the media for building up Grienke's start "You got what you wanted" "You guys really put the pressure on him."

The sports talk guys in AZ arent really cutting edge and they dont say much thats interesting, but it was awfully funny listening to them all day today talk about how the Rockies beat US, the media last night.

Then of course, the fact the Dbacks who dont draw very well and have promo after promo telling fans to come out and see Grienke, who they spent $205 Mill on, thats the medias fault?

So, as they mentioned tonights game with the Rockies is at 7 PM the guys says "ITS JUST A SUGGESTION"..."WE ARENT TELLING YOU TO WATCH, BUT IF YOU WANT TO , ITS AT 7 PM"...

If a manager dropped what Chip Hale did about blaming the media in Chicago, he might have been fired after game 1.

Can Bob Brenly lay into these small-market dopes or is that going to get him fired again?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:05 am 

Brenly awfully envious of the Cubs. Many stories about 'when I was in Chicago', think he got a little carried away about the Cubs and might have slipped back in his role of Cubs homer. Talking about Soler figuring it out, when it gets warmer, stating MOST POWER ON THE TEAM and has seen him get comfortable and hit everything. Rizzo, most complete player in baseball, when you take into account leadership, Bryant raw talent...and he went on and on.

Dbacks team is good. The blow the load on pitching might have been a little early in the process. Lotsa of good young talent, not sure any of it becomes great, but thats what they need, they need one or 2 more players to get to "Goldies" level. Grienke seemed to find it later in the game, have a feeling he will be dominant as the season goes forward.

But thats the issue with building a team, you need to spend when you think the young guys are ready to become really good. Dbacks might have fooled themselves a little and overestimated their own guys.

Then again, they got $1.5 bill for TV rights, so they might spend again in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Not having Pollock is huge. One of the best OF in the game last year. At a premium center field, no less.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:48 pm 

IMU wrote:
Not having Pollock is huge. One of the best OF in the game last year. At a premium center field, no less.

They actually found some of the screw from an earlier operation. oops