It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
So, is Bolland effectively retired? How nice of the NH...er, I mean the Yotes to pay him 5.5 mil to not have to do anything.

Yeah, he had a career-ending injury years ago. Technically you're not allowed to trade injured players, but the NHL makes exceptions to let the Coyotes assume dead cap space. They did the same for Chris Pronger.

I think Bolland insinuated over the summer that he's moving back to Chicago for some sort of Blackhawks sinecure once his contract is up.

Yeah, I knew about the Yotes/Pronger (and others) Old Cap Folks Home, and I knew Bolland had been injured, but hadn't heard much since. I clicked on the link, and his name popped up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Rangers & Sabres in the Winter Classic today; both teams' jerseys look great. Not the best camera angles though; a little difficult to find the puck sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
San Jose players ( of course, most mentally weak team in the league for years) whining about having to play in Winnipeg. Paul Maurice sets them straight .

https://twitter.com/jayanddan/status/950896113242066946

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
San Jose players ( of course, most mentally weak team in the league for years) whining about having to play in Winnipeg. Paul Maurice sets them straight .

https://twitter.com/jayanddan/status/950896113242066946

Don't let anyone tell you how tough hockey players are. They're not so tough when they have to...fly charter to Winnipeg.

Jets went on to win that game 4-1, by the way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Danault just took the full force of a Chara slap shot directly to the head. It did not look good as he is getting stretchered off the ice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:04 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Danault just took the full force of a Chara slap shot directly to the head. It did not look good as he is getting stretchered off the ice.

Someone needs to give the clip the Dear Sister treatment

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Someone needs to give the clip the Dear Sister treatment

To do that one right, Zuccarello would have to step in and get a puck fired at him by Danault

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:50 pm 

Welp, Islanders getting a new arena, and gonna spend some time back at Nassau the next 3 seasons:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2225 ... m-barclays

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:11 pm 

Great move for the Islanders. Barclays was doomed to failure on a number of levels:

1) the obvious, seating bowl wasn't built for hockey
2) less obvious, the ice wasn't built for hockey. The ice plant uses PVC piping instead of copper piping, which I guess doesn't keep the ice hard enough.
3) the Islanders are very much a suburban team, arguably the only sports team in America that truly represents suburbia. (America would argue the Cubs if he came in here.) Their fans live in Nassau or Suffolk with the car-centric lifestyle that comes from living there. Taking the LIRR to games was always too big an ask, whether it was of people having to hang around in the city between work and the game or people who hate going into New York.
4) in exchange for an annual flat fee, the Islanders turned all their business operations over to the Nets, who did a shit job marketing the team. If you were underwhelmed by their Brooklyn Nets marketing consisting of "unh Jigga unh unh Jigga unh unh," they managed to do even less with the Islanders.
5) a lot was made of Brooklyn being Rangers territory. I don't think it really is. If it's anything, it's ethnics-who-don't-embrace-hockey territory and spoiled-brats-from-the-midwest territory. Either way, the Islanders never put down roots. (I'm not even sure the Nets are doing much better: I'm sure plenty of Brooklynites blog about how Draymond Green is redefining American blackness, but I don't think they buy tickets to Nets games.) The fans came in from the suburbs and went back out. Even the players, who still train in Bethpage and tend to live near there, came in from the suburbs and went back out. If there's anywhere the Islanders are truly competing with the Rangers for fans, it's in their own backyard of Nassau and Suffolk.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
What's happened to Lundquist of the Rangers, given up 7 today, some softies and recently if remember right, gave up 6 to the Bruins

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:27 pm 

reents wrote:
What's happened to Lundquist of the Rangers, given up 7 today, some softies and recently if remember right, gave up 6 to the Bruins

He's 35 with a lot of miles.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:28 pm 

I don't think we made a note of this, but I was wondering how Marcus Kruger was doing. NOT TOO WELL. He got waived and demoted to Charlotte a month ago. No one told me. Only six points on the year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm 

Rare but cool occurrence tonight: Patrik Laine's natty-hatty accounted for 100% of the goals scored in tonight's Jets-Rags game. gjg!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Rare but cool occurrence tonight: Patrik Laine's natty-hatty accounted for 100% of the goals scored in tonight's Jets-Rags game. gjg!

Scored Nos. 42 and 43 against the Stars tonight. 50 before 20 is within reach, damn.

EDIT: https://www.nhl.com/video/wheeler-sets- ... c-59029803 Dig this sequence: Blake Wheeler slips and falls like a dude who's never ice skated before, but still has the presence of mind to swat it out to Laine while down on his ass, who shoots it stick-side high with four-tenths left in the period as functional illiterate Jamie Benn looks on from the penalty box.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:13 pm 

Our old friend Alain Vigneault is out in New York, but look for him to surface with Dallas or St. Louis, because I don't expect Hitchcock or Yeo to last.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
Our old friend Alain Vigneault is out in New York, but look for him to surface with Dallas or St. Louis, because I don't expect Hitchcock or Yeo to last.

Go to the Blues so I can really hate those pricks. It was great seeing the Avs end their hope last night.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:41 pm 

Just realized that the Blues missed the playoffs! :lol: I thought when they beat the Hawks they would be in. Too bad, another year they will not win a Cup!

Also another year where the Crapitals are a top team and will shit the bed in the playoffs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:16 pm 

The Hawks are not in the best organizational health right now. But compared to the mess the Blues have made of themselves the last two years, the Hawks look as well-oiled as the mid-'90s Atlanta Braves. They've been papering over a host of problems and mostly getting away with it but they're going to have a reckoning like we did, and maybe it'll even be worse.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm 

Wild launch GM Fletcher.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:06 pm 

Boudreau should be gone too. He's running a low-quantity-high-quality offense with a roster built for the exact opposite. If ever there were a throw-shit-at-the-wall set of forwards, that'd be the one, but all they did against Winnipeg was jerk themselves off setting up plays that weren't gonna happen because Byfuglien and Lowry would eat them alive.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:20 pm 

Carolina Hurricanes promote Rod Brind'Amour to head coach and name Don Waddell their general manager. Guess we don't have to worry too much about Teuvo Teravainen flourishing without us.

EDIT: oh my god they're going full meatball!!!

Quote:
Brind’Amour will be a coach unlike any other the Hurricanes have had. Dundon made that clear: “I’ve come to the conclusion that strategy is pretty overrated,” the owner said. “I don’t believe the strategy differences are as important as getting the right culture and the right attitude. I think [Brind’Amour] gives us the best chance of getting the most out of our players.”

Which is to say that Dundon’s charge to Brind’Amour is to be the motivator in chief. He will be on the same level, organizationally, as new GM Don Waddell, if not even a bit higher. Brind’Amour will have a direct line to Dundon’s office, and if he says he needs a specific kind of player, Dundon will walk down the hall to Waddell and tell him, in as many words, “make it happen.”

What's out: coaching strategies
What's in: yelling at people really loud

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Quote:
Brind’Amour will be a coach unlike any other the Hurricanes have had. Dundon made that clear: “I’ve come to the conclusion that strategy is pretty overrated,” the owner said. “I don’t believe the strategy differences are as important as getting the right culture and the right attitude.

Just....wow

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Curious Hair wrote:
Carolina Hurricanes promote Rod Brind'Amour to head coach and name Don Waddell their general manager. Guess we don't have to worry too much about Teuvo Teravainen flourishing without us.

EDIT: oh my god they're going full meatball!!!

Quote:
Brind’Amour will be a coach unlike any other the Hurricanes have had. Dundon made that clear: “I’ve come to the conclusion that strategy is pretty overrated,” the owner said. “I don’t believe the strategy differences are as important as getting the right culture and the right attitude. I think [Brind’Amour] gives us the best chance of getting the most out of our players.”

Which is to say that Dundon’s charge to Brind’Amour is to be the motivator in chief. He will be on the same level, organizationally, as new GM Don Waddell, if not even a bit higher. Brind’Amour will have a direct line to Dundon’s office, and if he says he needs a specific kind of player, Dundon will walk down the hall to Waddell and tell him, in as many words, “make it happen.”

What's out: coaching strategies
What's in: yelling at people really loud

It's my junior high baseball/soccer/basketball coach.. Or was it freshman year.. I chose cross country and felt blessed by a knee injury to avoid him sophomore year..

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:48 am 

Rod the Bod's only strategy is to do steroids. Should they trade little flyweights Skinner and Teravainen now or wait for him to fail? This is awesome, they hired a Vinny Del Negro. And their new general manager is Don Waddell, the guy who was responsible for one of the worst organizations in recent NHL history.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:53 pm 

Columbus is very nervous that they are not going to re-sign Panarin now that he is entering the last year of his deal. They reached out to his camp to discuss an extension, and were basically told “uhhhh, not right now, thank you”. Rumor coming out locally is that he has only three cities on his wish list: LA, NY, and...Miami .

Perhaps Stan had some inkling of this a year ago?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Minooka Meatball wrote:
his wish list: LA, NY, and...Miami .

I read LA, NY, and Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:35 pm 

No, it was Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Curious Hair wrote:
No, it was Miami.

First, the Columbus beat writer for the Athletic said LA, NY, or Chicago. In Friedman's 31 Thoughts he said LA, NY, and Florida. Maybe there are other quotes out there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Tavares to Toronto.