It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: young talent on the rise
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
league is really hitting a golden age in terms of highly skilled players entering the league in the last couple years.

Last night I watched the first NHL meeting between #1 pick Matthews and #2 pick Laine. What a game! Leafs up 4-0 including a very nice assist by Matthews and Laine and the jets come storming back and tie the game thanks to two Laine goals. Then in OT, Matthews misses a breakaway and the puck goes the other way to Laine who has a partial breakaway/1v1, rips a wrister into the far corner for the win and first career hatty.

Keep in mind, this is a guy who said over the summer that he should've gone #1 ahead of Matthews. He's probably feeling pretty good about himself today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:10 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's a chilling realization that the NHL is more than ever a young man's game and the Blackhawks are yesterday's news.

For more young talent on the rise, I heartily recommend today's Heritage Classic up in Winnipeg, with Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, and the Oilers against Patrik Laine, Kyle Connor, and the Jets. NHL Network at 2 today, don't miss it, the atmosphere should be terrific.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
It's a chilling realization that the NHL is more than ever a young man's game and the Blackhawks are yesterday's news.

For more young talent on the rise, I heartily recommend today's Heritage Classic up in Winnipeg, with Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, and the Oilers against Patrik Laine, Kyle Connor, and the Jets. NHL Network at 2 today, don't miss it, the atmosphere should be terrific.

Why is it chilling though? They were the most dominant team of the salary cap era. They cant win it all every year. A year to retool and make a run next year. They still have a couple more runs left in them.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:51 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Outdoor games suck, but I did watch a little of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:06 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Kassian had a goal and an assist! I didn't even think he was still in the league!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:35 pm 

pretty weird last night to watch Nazeem Kadri win the McDavid vs Matthews matchup.