It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hitchcock shitcanned
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Can't believe a team with Vlad Tarasenko on it would ever have to fire a coach yet here we are.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hitchcock shitcanned
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Worst goaltending in the league.

Have fun with Mike Yeo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious should be happy.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Kind of odd, no? Wasn't this his last year?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Spaulding wrote:
Kind of odd, no? Wasn't this his last year?

Yes ... they had hired Yeo to be his successor @ the end of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
There goaltending has been bad and they've lost a few players like Backes and he was leaving at the end of the year. I don't know this will make a difference in any way.

Last edited by Spaulding on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:42 am 

Spaulding wrote:
There goaltending has been bad and they've lost a few players like Backes and he was leaving anyway. I don't know this will make a difference in anyway.

I don't get it either but I figure it'll do more bad than good which makes it a great move.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:45 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
There goaltending has been bad and they've lost a few players like Backes and he was leaving anyway. I don't know this will make a difference in anyway.

I don't get it either but I figure it'll do more bad than good which makes it a great move.

Hard to say. Yeo got a sub-par Minnesota team into the playoffs 3 out of his 5 years there...hard to say what he may be able to do with a somewhat talented team.

Their goaltending is worse that the Springfield Tire Fire, though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Hard to say. Yeo got a sub-par Minnesota team into the playoffs 3 out of his 5 years there...hard to say what he may be able to do with a somewhat talented team.

See, there's the thing. If they're citing, along with the recent bad stretch, the bad goaltending, I don't know what firing Hitchcock to put Yeo at the helm does to address that aspect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:57 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

See, there's the thing. If they're citing, along with the recent bad stretch, the bad goaltending, I don't know what firing Hitchcock to put Yeo at the helm does to address that aspect.

Goalie coach got the boot too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:00 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Goalie coach got the boot too.

So it was a clearinghouse move, I get that. It was a panicky move which might work out but I doubt it ... panic doesn't tend to beget rational thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Well, surprise, the St. Louis Blues handled something shittily. They planned to give Hitchcock this stupid retirement tour year as if he's done anything to deserve it but win in the regular season and win a Cup with the best Stars team money could buy. If the Hawks did that for Quenneville, I'd get it, because he won three Cups (and maybe more). But Hitchcock was a hired gun for a few years and a few first-round outs. They should have fired him after 2015, and I think they knew it, but then they couldn't fire him after he got to the third round last year even though a better (or at least different) coach was now available. So now they look like stupid dicks for promising him one last year and then firing him midway through it. What a farewell!

The Blues made their own grave, and almost made Calgary's, with the Elliott trade. He needed a low-pressure market to thrive and Jake Allen is a quadruple-A talent.