It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Leafs win that would be both 8 seeds knocking out the 1's. Yikes .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FrankDrebin wrote:
Are the Hawks one of the few teams that still employ the puck possession philosophy? I'm seeing a lot more rushes and less passes per SOG out of these other playoff teams.

Carolina is huge on possession, but whereas the Hawks will cycle and otherwise Harlem-globetrot, the Hurricanes just fling shots indiscriminately with mediocre shooters. Then everyone pounds off to their Corsi numbers while the team misses the playoffs for an entire two-term presidential administration.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
badrogue17 wrote:

They have to win game 7 also.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:00 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

They have to win game 7 also.

Oops. Thought this was game 7. I figured it had to be but then again since neither of these teams were shitty enough to get swept I've kinda lost track of time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 pm 

The Maple Leafs knocking the Crapitals out will keep this from being the worst Stanley Cup Playoffs since '03 when everyone ran the trap and Jean-Sebastien Giguere was using RVs for pads.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:06 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Are the Hawks one of the few teams that still employ the puck possession philosophy? I'm seeing a lot more rushes and less passes per SOG out of these other playoff teams.

Carolina is huge on possession, but whereas the Hawks will cycle and otherwise Harlem-globetrot, the Hurricanes just fling shots indiscriminately with mediocre shooters. Then everyone pounds off to their Corsi numbers while the team misses the playoffs for an entire two-term presidential administration.

Teuvo had 15 goals I see . I'm surprised Fels didn't blog on how if the Blackhawks still had him he would've been the difference in the Nashville series .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:06 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The Maple Leafs knocking the Crapitals out will keep this from being the worst Stanley Cup Playoffs since '03 when everyone ran the trap and Jean-Sebastien Giguere was using RVs for pads.

whoops

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Teuvo had 15 goals I see . I'm surprised Fels didn't blog on how if the Blackhawks still had him he would've been the difference in the Nashville series .

Oh, Zawaski beat him to it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 pm 

Two great games today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Oh, Zawaski beat him to it

Well it's a terrible hockey thought so I'm not surprised .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 pm 

So Round 2 looks like this

Nashville vs. St. Louis
Anaheim vs Edmonton

NY Rangers vs Ottawa
Washington vs Pittsburgh

I say- Nashville vs Anaheim
Rangers vs Washington

Washington vs Nashville

Washington wins the Stanley Cup

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:32 am 

Gonna be Anaheim and New York, fuck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Aside from getting everything wrong in the Central and picking the Hawks to win the Cup, I'm perfect in my bracket.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Blues tied it...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 pm 

I'll stick my dick in the food disposal before I watch a minute of Blues-Perds. You are a stronger hockey fan than I.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm 

Thats too bad that the Blues lost game one.

Fuck the Blues

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:35 am 

Oilers take Game 1 and the Ducks immediately start a fight after the final horn because that's the kind of shit they do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:02 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Oilers take Game 1 and the Ducks immediately start a fight after the final horn because that's the kind of shit they do.

Fuck the Duck too.

Go Oilers and Preds

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:
I'll stick my dick in the food disposal before I watch a minute of Blues-Perds. You are a stronger hockey fan than I.

If you plan on executing that plan, at least come to Darkside Estates, get shit faced hammered, and drop your sausage into DS' disposal. It'd top anything Frank has done or will do.

:)

I am having a tough time watching hockey.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Curious Hair wrote:

I recorded game 1 and then went to start watching it and was like "why the fuck do I want to watch this?" and promptly hit delete.

I did catch the end of the game where Fiala got plastered into the board and broke his femur. I smiled.

Hoping the other 39 players in this series get injured as well. Also cheering for a stadium collapse along the way, preferably in Nashville.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:55 pm 

I wonder if Perds fans are calling St. Louis a hellhole full of black people or is that the special love they save just for us?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
watching pitt/wash. what a joke. fuck the nhl. i don't like any team left.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
It's nice to see Secondary Sid go down without diving for once.

Little bitch deserves a concussion after what he did the latter half of the season.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
His bell looked pretty rung. Don't think I'd like to face plant into someone's hockey stick at that speed.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I had two takes on the hit. One, I do not think it was a dirty hit or intentional in any way. Crosby was seemingly falling leaning in that direction and Nisskanen had somewhat of a natural reaction. He sort of holds him up and keeps his eye on the play after the hit. Not what a usual dirty hit has to it. Second, it is possible Crosby was embellishing the hit from Ovechkin and that is why he was vulnerable to the big hit.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:04 am 

pittmike wrote:
I had two takes on the hit. One, I do not think it was a dirty hit or intentional in any way. Crosby was seemingly falling leaning in that direction and Nisskanen had somewhat of a natural reaction. He sort of holds him up and keeps his eye on the play after the hit. Not what a usual dirty hit has to it. Second, it is possible Crosby was embellishing the hit from Ovechkin and that is why he was vulnerable to the big hit.

He was embellishing and that put him in the vulnerable position. No sympathy from me here.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:18 pm 

Crybaby Sid out Game 4.

Lazerus being a moron on Twitter wondering why people have "irrational" hatred for Crosby. That asswipe has no business being on any hockey beat.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:26 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Lazerus being a moron on Twitter wondering why people have "irrational" hatred for Crosby.

Crosby is boring in the way he goes about being the best player in the league. He's not quite as artless about it as LeBron, but you rarely watch him and feel like you're seeing a once-in-a-generation player like you do with Ovechkin or McDavid or you did with Gretzky and Lemieux, just the guy who gets lots of points. Also, he whines a lot. I don't hate him so much as I'm unenthused and annoyed.

Lazerus strikes me as someone who internally tears himself to ribbons because he can't blame every stupid grudge and peccadillo of hockey fans on racism.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:33 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Lazerus being a moron on Twitter wondering why people have "irrational" hatred for Crosby.

Crosby is boring in the way he goes about being the best player in the league. He's not quite as artless about it as LeBron, but you rarely watch him and feel like you're seeing a once-in-a-generation player like you do with Ovechkin or McDavid or you did with Gretzky and Lemieux, just the guy who gets lots of points. Also, he whines a lot. I don't hate him so much as I'm unenthused and annoyed.

Lazerus strikes me as someone who internally tears himself to ribbons because he can't blame every stupid grudge and peccadillo of hockey fans on racism.

Flyer fans derisively refer to him as "Secondary Sid" for a reason.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Out at least game 4. Diagnosed concussion.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next