It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I had two takes on the hit. One, I do not think it was a dirty hit or intentional in any way. Crosby was seemingly falling leaning in that direction and Nisskanen had somewhat of a natural reaction. He sort of holds him up and keeps his eye on the play after the hit. Not what a usual dirty hit has to it. Second, it is possible Crosby was embellishing the hit from Ovechkin and that is why he was vulnerable to the big hit.

He was embellishing and that put him in the vulnerable position. No sympathy from me here.

Gonna disagree on the embellishment. No one embellishes a slew foot. Ovechkin clearly slew footed him which is what caused him to lose his balance. Ovechkin should've gotten 2 and possibly 4 minutes in PIMS if the refs decided to take him for the trip and the slash. On the back half of the play, Niskanen did nothing wrong. He had a natural instinctive reaction to defend himself from a player who was out of control and falling into his path. 100 out of 100 hockey players in that spot would raise their stick and arms up to protect themselves. Its just unlucky that Sid's face said hello to Niskanen's Sherwood. Should not have been a 5 minute major and a game. At most, give the guy 2 minutes for technically by the letter of the law being reckless with his stick. I would've been fine with no penalty at all being called on Niskanen as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
shakes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I had two takes on the hit. One, I do not think it was a dirty hit or intentional in any way. Crosby was seemingly falling leaning in that direction and Nisskanen had somewhat of a natural reaction. He sort of holds him up and keeps his eye on the play after the hit. Not what a usual dirty hit has to it. Second, it is possible Crosby was embellishing the hit from Ovechkin and that is why he was vulnerable to the big hit.

He was embellishing and that put him in the vulnerable position. No sympathy from me here.

Gonna disagree on the embellishment. No one embellishes a slew foot. Ovechkin clearly slew footed him which is what caused him to lose his balance. Ovechkin should've gotten 2 and possibly 4 minutes in PIMS if the refs decided to take him for the trip and the slash. On the back half of the play, Niskanen did nothing wrong. He had a natural instinctive reaction to defend himself from a player who was out of control and falling into his path. 100 out of 100 hockey players in that spot would raise their stick and arms up to protect themselves. Its just unlucky that Sid's face said hello to Niskanen's Sherwood. Should not have been a 5 minute major and a game. At most, give the guy 2 minutes for technically by the letter of the law being reckless with his stick. I would've been fine with no penalty at all being called on Niskanen as well.

I didn't see a slew foot from Ovi, and I watched the reverse angle. I'm not seeing any contact other than the stick slash. Someone said watch for skate-to-skate contact, but I'm just not seeing it.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:31 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Gonna disagree on the embellishment. No one embellishes a slew foot. Ovechkin clearly slew footed him which is what caused him to lose his balance. Ovechkin should've gotten 2 and possibly 4 minutes in PIMS if the refs decided to take him for the trip and the slash.

Wouldn't Ovechkin get the game for a slewfoot?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:48 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
shakes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I didn't see a slew foot from Ovi, and I watched the reverse angle. I'm not seeing any contact other than the stick slash. Someone said watch for skate-to-skate contact, but I'm just not seeing it.

The slew foot is undeniable. Ovechkin's right foot clearly comes into contact with the back of Crosby's left foot which knocks Crosby's left foot into the air and causes him to go careening on his now overly extended and off balance right skate directly into Niskanen.

See the 22 second mark of the video below.
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHpaKSDiHOw[/url]

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
shakes wrote:
Gonna disagree on the embellishment. No one embellishes a slew foot. Ovechkin clearly slew footed him which is what caused him to lose his balance. Ovechkin should've gotten 2 and possibly 4 minutes in PIMS if the refs decided to take him for the trip and the slash.

Wouldn't Ovechkin get the game for a slewfoot?

2 minutes for tripping at most. It was an incidental contact slew foot, not a Radke on Youngblood type of slew foot.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
People here want to hang Ovechkin but it has nothing to do with that incidental skate to skate thing. BTW, slewfoot is a dumb term.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:03 am 

pittmike wrote:
People here want to hang Ovechkin but it has nothing to do with that incidental skate to skate thing. BTW, slewfoot is a dumb term.

yea they're more concerned with the slash which was a nothing slash across the arm that, unfortunately, you see 20x a game during the playoffs. Stick rode up and glanced his helmet, but none of that had anything to do with why he fell into Niskanen. That is 100% because of the slew foot taking out his left foot while his right skate was fully extended and pointed east-west towards the side boards rather than north south. If his skate was north south he would've gone towards the net and probably been able to maintain his balance.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 am 

http://www.upgruv.com/ovechkin-niskanen-crosby-injury-nhl-2388421629.html?utm_source=mobileapps_ios

It also doesn't help when you have idiots like Rob Rossi writing shit like this in the local papers.

And here is the kicker, that idiot actually has a vote in the NHL awards.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:15 am 

shakes wrote:
http://www.upgruv.com/ovechkin-niskanen-crosby-injury-nhl-2388421629.html?utm_source=mobileapps_ios

It also doesn't help when you have idiots like Rob Rossi writing shit like this in the local papers.

Yeah that was a bit much.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
shakes wrote:

Did he write Crosby down for the Vezina?

edit: yes I know GM's vote on the Vezina

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:06 pm 

The New York Fucking Ranger fans are chanting "SLOP-PY SEC-ONDS" at Dion Phanuef.

God bless you, New York Ranger Fans. God bless all of you.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Best game of these awful playoffs game 5 ana/oilers.

Unreal.

Oilers have the game wrapped up 3-0 with 2 min left in the 3rd. 3 goals by the Ducks with the goalie pulled, the last one coming with 9 seconds left in the game.

Ducks win it in 2 OT.

Reminded me of the magic the blackhawks use to have when they were winning cups.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:00 pm 

This is the worst Stanley Cup in years. Holy shit I just want to die.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
This is the worst Stanley Cup in years. Holy shit I just want to die.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Blues? They GONE!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:02 pm 

Pray for the Oilers; a Nashville-Anaheim WCF might set this league back ten years.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:04 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Blues? They GONE!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It is beautiful. Cant wait to hear the whining from some fans I know. Something or someone will have screwed them. No way a better team beat them

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:17 pm 

Pitt's got the cup wrapped up already. Nobody will beat in 7. I know the capitals aren't done yet, but not sure that franchise can come back 3-1 against the defending champs.

I don't see anyone else left to really challenge pitt. Maybe Anaheim can give them 6 games in the finals before Pitt repeats.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:18 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Pray for the Oilers; a Nashville-Anaheim WCF might set this league back ten years.

How about an Ottowa / Nashville Finals! That would set the league back 40 years.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The oil are having a good start to this game. I'm reminded how much I dislike the ducks.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:56 pm 

The cucks are getting their asses handed to them. Let's try not to blow this lead oil.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:12 pm 

Not too often you get 7 goals in a playoff game midway through.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:58 pm 

The Oilers winning the Stanley Cup would be fantastic. Easily the best outcome for Hawks fans.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:05 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The Oilers winning the Stanley Cup would be fantastic. Easily the best outcome for Hawks fans.

why?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:12 pm 

There is nothing to dislike about The oil or Ottawa. Nashville the team is very likeable but their fans make it virtually impossible to root for them. Fuck Sidney, fuck the rangers and fuck perry and super k.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:14 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
There is nothing to dislike about The oil or Ottawa. Nashville the team is very likeable but their fans make it virtually impossible to root for them. Fuck Sidney, fuck the rangers and fuck perry and super k.

Even when it was Pitt/SJ last year nobody watched.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:15 pm 

Pittsburgh: ties the Hawks for three championships in the cap era but does so with a back-to-back, thereby passing the Hawks as the best team of the era
Nashville: fuck these cocksuckers, they swept us
Anaheim: I've taken post-Indian-food shits that demanded more respect than Perry, Getzlaf, and Kesler
New York: DO NOT give the hockey media any reason to get excited about the Rangers, it's like getting water on a gremlin, they still can't stfu about 1994
Ottawa: Traps Ahoy!
Washington: idk vaguely tolerable but not really, I'm just sick of them by now

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:17 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Pittsburgh: ties the Hawks for three championships in the cap era but does so with a back-to-back, thereby passing the Hawks as the best team of the era
Nashville: fuck these cocksuckers, they swept us
Anaheim: I've taken post-Indian-food shits that demanded more respect than Perry, Getzlaf, and Kesler
New York: DO NOT give the hockey media any reason to get excited about the Rangers, it's like getting water on a gremlin, they still can't stfu about 1994
Ottawa: Traps Ahoy!
Washington: idk vaguely tolerable but not really, I'm just sick of them by now

I think the best scenario for the hawks would have been the hawks winning the cup. I don't think they care or the fans care about any of the scenario's you listed.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:17 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Even when it was Pitt/SJ last year nobody watched.

That's because despite being a major-market team, no one really likes the Sharks, just 20,000 nerds who never stop posting online, so you think they're just the lunatic fringe of a larger fanbase but really the entire fanbase is the lunatic fringe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next