It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
The Las Vegas Golden Knights

At least it's not the Blues anymore, but fuck the Wolves anyway...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Yeah, better than the Blues or Canucks, but meh.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Actually went to a Wolves game recently. Right down on the glass next to the visitor's sin bin. It's a fun time, not bad on the wallet. Ice girls were AHL-quality, though. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That the Golden Knights exist at all is bullshit, but I think it's good for the Wolves to be affiliated with a team that's not a rival of the Blackhawks. And no, they shouldn't be affiliated with the Hawks themselves.

I heard the Blues were starting an AHL team in Kansas City but that was months ago and we should have heard more about it by now. Are they just gonna stick their prospects wherever?

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue May 16, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Wolves games are fun. Close to burbs, affordable...can't complain.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Falcos
The Wolves want to win championships. Vancouver and St Louis hated that they didn't get to bring in their own front office here.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:16 pm 

Vancouver had the same problem with the Manitoba Moose, though I think TNSE was a little more of a team player than the Wolves are.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:49 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
And no, they shouldn't be affiliated with the Hawks themselves.

I disagree.

If you were able to drive to the Wolves arena rather than all the way to Rockford or Indy, people might be a little happier. And if it is cheaper than going to a Hawks games, maybe more kiddos would get to see the players who might come up. I think specifically in baseball, teams should be closer to home. All the Sox teams are in the south eastish region.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Rockford, although the armpit of America, is a pretty decent place to watch the Icehogs. Kinda funny their coach got fired for being too competitive though...

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:40 am 

He got fired for showing up his GM to the media.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:32 am 

I enjoy Wolves games 1-2 times each year.

I cannot wrap my head around the mindset of people who are die hard Wolves fans, and there are a lot of them at the stadium.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
good dolphin wrote:

I cannot wrap my head around the mindset of people who are die hard Wolves fans, and there are a lot of them at the stadium.

Same here, we go about once a year but there are people in full Wolves gear with autographed jerseys and stuff... I don't get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:13 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Same here, we go about once a year but there are people in full Wolves gear with autographed jerseys and stuff... I don't get it.

I don't see the point, but MANY do. I used to work with this lady that was a season ticket holder going back to season 1...she talked about the player meet & greets, and how these kids would wave and shit when they'd see them in the stands. We mocked her for being a middle aged single woman who was stalking 21 year old Canadian and European kids at Shoeless Joe's after games.

Every Wolves game I've gone to in the last 10 years, I've cheered for whoever the road team was.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I used to go to AHL games when I lived in suburban Boston. Lots of fun. I've gone to a few ECHL games when I've been traveling, including one in Vegas a few years ago (they played in the arena behind the Orleans). Lots of fun, even going solo.

When I moved back to Chicago, I went to an Wolves' game with my dad. Splurged on third row seats.

The Allstate Arena sucks. There was zero leg room, the place was smokey as hell from the indoor fireworks, the acoustics sucked, and you got raped for parking.

But yeah, there were fans in Steve Maltais / Rob Brown Wolves days who were like "fuck the Hawks, this is better hockey!"

Unlike other expansion teams, I am kind of rooting for these Golden Knights fucks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I guess it made sense when the Hawks were in the depths around 2000-2004 and the Wolves were a little more than a farm team (they were nominally affiliated with the Thrashers, for whom the Wolves did nothing in terms of development, and that's part of why there are no more Thrashers). It's a little harder to explain now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Call me crazy, but i believe the boards own Baby McNown was on the team booster club or whatever it was/is known as.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Call me crazy, but i believe the boards own Baby McNown was on the team booster club or whatever it was/is known as.

Not sure about that, but IIRC, he was/is a pretty big fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
We did the Wolves thing for the reasons CH laid out above.

We had a group outing one time. There were four people sitting in front of us for the game. They had southern accents, and it was clear this was their first hockey game. They kept talking about how great it was and they couldn't wait to come to another game. They never came back after the first intermission. We wondered if they thought the game was over or if they were just the type of fans that left a game early because they only showed up to say they had been there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:41 pm 

denisdman wrote:
We did the Wolves thing for the reasons CH laid out above.

We had a group outing one time. There were four people sitting in front of us for the game. They had southern accents, and it was clear this was their first hockey game. They kept talking about how great it was and they couldn't wait to come to another game. They never came back after the first intermission. We wondered if they thought the game was over or if they were just the type of fans that left a game early because they only showed up to say they had been there.

Atlanta Fans Smile Politely Through Entire NHL All-Star Game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nice CH. NHL games move along better than any other sport. The intermissions are often too short to drain the beer and get a refill!