It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Going 7?

Hopefully :bounce:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hussra wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Seems like adding that 31st team really screwed the whole league up. This year and last year have mostly been crapshoots.

Preds losing Neal and Pens Fleury in the expansion draft. Pens didn't have much choice. No idea what the Preds were thinking leaving Neal unprotected.

Real Deal James Neal wears out his welcome in the dressing room, I suspect. There's even talk that the Preds might unload Subban for the same reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:34 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Going 7?

Hopefully :bounce:

More better! :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Love Chara, with a broken jaw, shoving a Blues player.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:38 pm 

Shit, that's a goal to be sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:39 pm 

Puck just snuck in there. 3-1 Bruins.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:50 pm 

"Blues fans are throwing stuff on the ice"

About sums up the typical Blues fan

Empty-netter!

We going 7!

:cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
"Blues fans are throwing stuff on the ice"

About sums up the typical Blues fan

:lol: Best fans in baseball....oh wait...

Fuck the Blues!!!

Great night...Cards and Blues lose

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Which Bruins team comes out for game 7 will decide the cup.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:53 pm 

9 years ago tonight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm 

pretty stupid fight at the end.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm 

BRAWL!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 pm 

stupid fight #2 , you do that on the street you go to jail

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Still remember me and my dad watching the game and not realizing Kane had scored until he was past center ice. I was probably more happy for my dad watching it because he had suffered through the heartbreak of the 60s and beyond. Remember riding passenger with my ex on the way back to LaGrange screaming my head at everyone celebrating the win.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Fucking degenerate Blues . Hope they get pounded in Game 7.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:00 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Fucking degenerate Blues . Hope they get pounded in Game 7.

Yeah, fuck the Blues and their fans after that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:00 pm 

Last Hawks cup was 4 years ago? Wow, seems like yesterday.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Curious Hair wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Seems like adding that 31st team really screwed the whole league up. This year and last year have mostly been crapshoots.

Preds losing Neal and Pens Fleury in the expansion draft. Pens didn't have much choice. No idea what the Preds were thinking leaving Neal unprotected.

Real Deal James Neal wears out his welcome in the dressing room, I suspect. There's even talk that the Preds might unload Subban for the same reason.

yeah, some stuff about Neal being a PITA with training staff and other players came out after the Pens traded him to Nashville. But going into the expansion draft, Preds were coming off their first SCF appearance. You'd think they'd wanna run it back again one more time with the vet vs look to the future protecting a younger player.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Last Hawks cup was 4 years ago? Wow, seems like yesterday.

Last Blues cup was .... never. :D Hope it stays that way.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

yeah, some stuff about Neal being a PITA with training staff and other players came out after the Pens traded him to Nashville. But going into the expansion draft, Preds were coming off their first SCF appearance. You'd think they'd wanna run it back again one more time with the vet vs look to the future protecting a younger player.

Yeah, you'd think, but despite the Predators briefly becoming the darling of Woke Twitter People for a while because their winters are mild and they traded for a black guy, they're still a pretty old-line organ-eye-zation that expects Borgian deference to the greater good. They've always stressed being able to churn out fungible Team Players through the Milwaukee Admirals, and if not for the salary floor forcing them to pay elite talent accordingly and a revenue-sharing model with a "Gary Bettman cuts you a check for what he feels like giving you" fudge factor, they'd probably lean on it even harder and cycle out anyone who gets any big ideas, much like the Rays.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
With Nashville SC moving up to MLS in 2020, Preds taking another step back prolly ok with the local sports media; who seem to be in the pockets of the trio of health-care billionaires backing the MLS team. None of whom said a peep about their cash-grab state-fairgrounds soccer stadium deal: $275 mil taxpayer financed, the MLS team owners kicking in $25 mil, plus they get a sweetheart, Uncle Jerry style deal to lease the site for 99 years @ $200K a year. Dunno why they need a brand new 30,000 seat stadium to play kickball:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:51 am 

This is the type of over the top crap that pisses me off about St Louis fans.....as if no other city has ever been excited about a finals team before.

Quote:
NO city anywhere at anytime has opened their stadium up for 18900 fans to watch TV for two series or sold them out in 22 min !!!!! Holy Shit that's amazing.
NO city has ever had 50-70 thousand fans in the streets watching TV with another 19000 in the building ! WTF.
NO city has ever had the other major sport open their stadium to watch TV ! That's insane.
NO city has ever had a Grants Farm, but if they did, it would never be opened at night for a sports teams fans to watch TV ! So cool !
NO city has ever had or will ever have the Father of the goalie you beat in the second round ( Ben Bishop's dad) host a watch party for the public and promise to buy everyone chicken wings and beer ! I love this.
NO hockey team has EVER went from last to the Stanley Cup Finals.
Win or lose NO city has ever come together like this !
NO city has ever had a team like this.
Our family bleeds blue and miss and love EVERYONE and St. Louis. Let's go BLUES !

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
St Louis Canucks choking away a series.

Fuck the Blues.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm 

RFDC wrote:
This is the type of over the top crap that pisses me off about St Louis fans.....as if no other city has ever been excited about a finals team before.

Quote:
NO city anywhere at anytime has opened their stadium up for 18900 fans to watch TV for two series or sold them out in 22 min !!!!! Holy Shit that's amazing.
NO city has ever had 50-70 thousand fans in the streets watching TV with another 19000 in the building ! WTF.
NO city has ever had the other major sport open their stadium to watch TV ! That's insane.
NO city has ever had a Grants Farm, but if they did, it would never be opened at night for a sports teams fans to watch TV ! So cool !
NO city has ever had or will ever have the Father of the goalie you beat in the second round ( Ben Bishop's dad) host a watch party for the public and promise to buy everyone chicken wings and beer ! I love this.
Our family bleeds blue and miss and love EVERYONE and St. Louis. Let's go BLUES !

They obviously have a bug up their ass about the Rams drawing 20,000 a game and leaving, so now they have to be extra-demonstrative about how they're the greatest sports fans who ever sports fanned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Quote:

They obviously have a bug up their ass about the Rams drawing 20,000 a game and leaving, so now they have to be extra-demonstrative about how they're the greatest sports fans who ever sports fanned.

yeah, they really got shafted with the whole Rams thing. that is some bullshit.

The team is dirty. I could give 2 shits about their fans. The bottom line is the Bruins are no better. The thought of another Boston championship is fucking making me sick to my stomach. My ex FIL is from New England the guy was insufferable when talking sports.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:01 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:

No it wasn't. The Rams never should have been in St. Louis in the first place and it was good that they finally left. Don't poach teams with promises you can't fulfill.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

No it wasn't. The Rams never should have been in St. Louis in the first place and it was good that they finally left. Don't poach teams with promises you can't fulfill.

I completely agree they had no business being there in the first place, but that's on the NFL, not St. Louis.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:07 pm 

Nope, St. Louis built the TWA Dome on spec for the Patriots, who ended up staying in Foxborough, then they offered it to the Rams and said the city would keep it at the top level of NFL stadiums at taxpayer expense. Then they didn't/couldn't and probably never could have in the first place. Then St. Louis offered to build a new stadium on the riverfront with money they didn't have. St. Louis is as culpable in the mess as the league, though as I recall, as many as eight owners voted against the Rams' move and only relented when the Rams tried to sue the league.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next