It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Tampa blows a 5-3 3rd period lead, 5-5 now with a minute left.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
No shit!?????

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:19 pm 

Yes but stupid penalty by Florida. Tampa will have a PP beginning of OT.

it's on USA network of all places.

Oh wow - Islanders had come back 3-3, but now i just saw Carter scored the go ahead goal.

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Pens game has gone insane.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 pm 

pittmike wrote:

i hate the pens. if it's pens boston i will have to root for boston.

Jeff Carter big pickup.

--

Pens dirty hit on the Isalanders - put his face into the crossbar. fucking scum, i hate pitt so much!

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:31 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
pittmike wrote:

i hate the pens. if it's pens boston i will have to root for boston.

Jeff Carter big pickup.

--

Pens dirty hit on the Isalanders - put his face into the crossbar. fucking scum, i hate pitt so much!

It helps me at home to remain quiet.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:45 pm 

Bolts choke job. Sleep walking thru the 3rd and OT , Florida wins it in OT.

Tampa had the series done but now Florida is alive.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:48 pm 

Evil wins tonight - Pens will take the series.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:10 pm 

Nice Comeback win for Vegas

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:59 pm 

Caps looking like pre cup caps - like they can't catch a break.

asshole scores again for boston.

already thinking ahead of boston and pitt matchup.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:57 pm 

preds stay alive in a 2 OT thriller 5-4!

---

blues about to get swept

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
It's a shame that NBC is going to stop doing broadcasts after this year. Albert, Olczyk, and Boucher is a very good broadcast team with a lot of chemistry. You can tell how much Olczyk disliked McGuire when comparing how involved Boucher is with the broadcast while Olczyk used to basically ignore McGuire. I've always like Boucher and he brings a lot to the telecast. And from the small amount I have seen of Babcock- he has been really good. When he analyzes the game he is sharp, fast, and has a presence that none of the other studio analysts have. Babcock and Sharp were excellent together a couple days ago. And I will say that the secondary broadcast team doing the Nashville/Carolina games are a tough listen. I know networks are falling over themselves hiring women for broadcast positions but that female analyst in those games does nothing for me. She seem very knowledgeable but she adds nothing other than a meat and potatoes analysis. A little bit of silliness and fun goes a long way.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 11:47 am 

DAC wrote:
It's a shame that NBC is going to stop doing broadcasts after this year. Albert, Olczyk, and Boucher is a very good broadcast team with a lot of chemistry. You can tell how much Olczyk disliked McGuire when comparing how involved Boucher is with the broadcast while Olczyk used to basically ignore McGuire. I've always like Boucher and he brings a lot to the telecast. And from the small amount I have seen of Babcock- he has been really good. When he analyzes the game he is sharp, fast, and has a presence that none of the other studio analysts have. Babcock and Sharp were excellent together a couple days ago. And I will say that the secondary broadcast team doing the Nashville/Carolina games are a tough listen. I know networks are falling over themselves hiring women for broadcast positions but that female analyst in those games does nothing for me. She seem very knowledgeable but she adds nothing other than a meat and potatoes analysis. A little bit of silliness and fun goes a long way.

Without Emerick this year I don't feel it's the same. But its still good. I hope next year when it's on ESPN, they bring over some of the studio team. The blonde chick that Roenick got fired for trying to bang is pretty good and I must say Patrick Sharp's analysis I have grown to like.

We pretty much know Barry Melrose will be the lead guy at ESPN. They've kept him around for 20 some years just to put him on the 1 minute hockey update per week on Sportscenter. I dont know if Gary Throne's retired or not but I'd rather have some fresh new blood when they announce their broadcast team for next season.

oh yeah...bring back Roenick....he was great w/ Anson Carter for those years he was on there.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
NBC is the only fucking station that actually puts non-nfl product on antenna tv regularly. I have seen maybe 1 nba game on abc, some golf on cbs but not a single baseball game anywhere. ESPN is just going to absolutely bury the NHL behind their cable pay wall and its going to be a pain in the ass to watch. I have the league pass or whatever it is called so I can watch any game but its still nice (as I am doing now) to throw on NBC and have a game on the regular old antenna playing in the background.

Oh and fuck smashville. Those horse shit fans don't deserve even a single win in the playoffs and they got one last night. Take a stick and shove it up Keith Urban's ass....at least shove it up further than he likes it.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:51 pm 

Isle's up 2-0 going into the 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:23 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
NBC is the only fucking station that actually puts non-nfl product on antenna tv regularly. I have seen maybe 1 nba game on abc, some golf on cbs but not a single baseball game anywhere. ESPN is just going to absolutely bury the NHL behind their cable pay wall and its going to be a pain in the ass to watch. I have the league pass or whatever it is called so I can watch any game but its still nice (as I am doing now) to throw on NBC and have a game on the regular old antenna playing in the background.

Oh and fuck smashville. Those horse shit fans don't deserve even a single win in the playoffs and they got one last night. Take a stick and shove it up Keith Urban's ass....at least shove it up further than he likes it.

You'll be able to get the league pass with ESPN as it will be part of their ESPN+ streaming service. So you'll have to get ESPN+ which currently is $60 per year or you can get the Disney Bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ for $13 a month. Then the NHL package fee will be on top of that. Needless to say, it will end up costing more than NHL.TV cost us previously. For a full season it was $150.

Unfortunately, I think Melrose and Whyshnewski will be a big part of their hockey coverage and both of them suck. When ESPN telecast the World Hockey Championship or whatever the hell it was called, Melrose was fucking terrible. And Whyshnewski is just a sarcastic douche. I listened to him a lot when he had the podcast with Marek. Whsych and his ESPN female colleague have done some cross-over podcasts with the Athletic analysts this year and their lack of knowledge is staggering. Thorne is 70-something years old so I don't think they want him as their #1 play-by-play guy. Buccigross is excellent.

Oh yeah- fuck Nashvile. Fuck that soft, underachieving, overpaid core and all their jealous fans. I love the fact that they never won a cup in this era.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:48 am 

After watching a good amount of the playoff games I am not sad that the Hawks are at home. They would get absolutely thrashed by pretty much all of these teams. There have been a few dirty shenanigans by a few players like that idiot Kadri but as far as the good/clean physicality goes.....the hawks would get chewed up in no time. I enjoyed watching the Hawks this year but they look like they are built for a skills competition, not the playoffs. They have a lot of growing to do.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:27 pm 

It didn't end up meaning anything but WTF was with that call on Svechnikov during the little post stop scrum? As if bitch boy Ellis doesn't do the same thing every fucking time nashville gets a stop. I haven't watched every second but I can't believe it took until the 3rd for the obligatory country pop star camera shot. At least it wasn't Urban.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:46 pm 

2ot

Preds Kunin breaks stick, has to go to bench to get new one, late into the zone but that was a good thing because the canes forgot about him and he scores the winning goal.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:27 pm 

Nashville might be the most pedestrian team I have seen in years. They just exist. They had a ton of high end chances today and didn't score but that goalie from Carolina, while making some ridiculous saves, served up rebound after rebound after rebound.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:54 pm 

Caps done. Another first round series loss. They were lucky that one year they won the cup.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:03 pm 

Love seeing the Blues swept outta of playoffs

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:41 pm 

yeah! Could not agree more. Would not mind it for Boston or Penguins either.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:00 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
After watching a good amount of the playoff games I am not sad that the Hawks are at home. They would get absolutely thrashed by pretty much all of these teams. There have been a few dirty shenanigans by a few players like that idiot Kadri but as far as the good/clean physicality goes.....the hawks would get chewed up in no time. I enjoyed watching the Hawks this year but they look like they are built for a skills competition, not the playoffs. They have a lot of growing to do.

So many Hawk fans don't watch the rest of the league to see how far they are away from contending. If making the playoffs is the goal then their path is fine but a try-hard team never goes very far in the playoffs. This team needs difference-makers which is why a total bottoming out was needed. Last year and this year could have gotten them a couple key pieces but they tried to win and will have to hope to get lucky in the draft. Reichel does look like a good pick but Perfetti/Rossi/Askarov would have looked better. Too bad the stud dmen will be gone by the time the Hawks pick 12th this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:40 pm 

Love you Islanders!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:54 pm 

Fuck yeah noice goal!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:58 pm 

Digging it!!!! Pitt falling apart. Still lots left. Nail biter!

I think they are yelling asshole at Crosby. :lol: Today I love New Yorkers.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:23 pm 

Yep. Not over but fat lady warming up.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:58 pm 

Carolina Nashville has a good game going.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:54 am 

Glad to see Carolina send Nashville home. Now go roll the Lightning. Screw Tampa and their LTIR-bloated roster!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next