It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kings FTW!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Guess who's in first place in the pacific division? Sharks? nope. Ducks? nope. THE FUCKING KINGS! Brown, Kopitar, fucking Doughty on the PP, and Johnson knocking all those bitches down, that team is like a jet!

Post subject: Re: Kings FTW!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Saw some of the highlights from last night, including that vicious cheap-shot. Kopitar is a stud. Looks like I'll have to get my Kings jersey out of storage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 pm 

FYI Kopitar is now leading the NHL in points, while the Sharks are leading the league in moints...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:41 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
FYI Kopitar is now leading the NHL in points, while the Sharks are leading the league in moints...

:D

By the way, the fucking Avs lead the conference.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
How's that paper coming along? :drunken: :drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 pm 

newper wrote:
How's that paper coming along? :drunken: :drunken:

Hawk wrote:
This paper is OVA!
8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:29 pm 

Puckhead wrote:

I'm really having trouble figuring that one out... goals for and against are very similar to the hawks... Anderson must have gotten a shit load better, cause I remember when he played for the hawks, and he was really unimpressive, nothing more than a backup at Florida either, he'll come back to the pack, as will the Avs. But they aren't beating up on scrubs, they are beating some of the best in the west, and even have wins against Montreal and Boston, not that those two are lighting the world on fire, but they are playoff east teams...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:52 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

I'm really having trouble figuring that one out... goals for and against are very similar to the hawks... Anderson must have gotten a shit load better, cause I remember when he played for the hawks, and he was really unimpressive, nothing more than a backup at Florida either, he'll come back to the pack, as will the Avs. But they aren't beating up on scrubs, they are beating some of the best in the west, and even have wins against Montreal and Boston, not that those two are lighting the world on fire, but they are playoff east teams...

My friend (same guy who started the I Hate French Goalies movement), played hockey with Anderson and said that he was going to be the goods if he got consistent playing time, which he now has. Plus, he is playing through a pulled groin.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:48 pm 

Puckhead wrote:

My friend (same guy who started the I Hate French Goalies movement), played hockey with Anderson and said that he was going to be the goods if he got consistent playing time, which he now has. Plus, he is playing through a pulled groin.

Yeah, that's what I thought would happen with huet, and he still might be that type of goalie. But the avs lost Smyth (to the powerhouse of the west :twisted: ) but they have a healthy Stastny this year, and that might be all the difference. But I would never have guessed that they would be 9-1-2, especially since most of their wins have come on the road...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:41 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought would happen with huet, and he still might be that type of goalie. But the avs lost Smyth (to the powerhouse of the west :twisted: ) but they have a healthy Stastny this year, and that might be all the difference. But I would never have guessed that they would be 9-1-2, especially since most of their wins have come on the road...

Its too bad because I really enjoyed the shift in the conference for the most part; i.e., the Avs and Stars falling to be bottom feeders. I know, Im trashing my guy Modano, but I really do enjoy the powershift with the Ducks, Blues, Sharks and Kings emerging. St. Louis is going to be a nightmare real soon as well. Honestly, I think the Hawks need to win right now, otherwise it is going to be a tough time competing with these teams in the next few years, IMHO. Ive only seen the highlights of the Blues games thus far, but what I saw looked damned good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:40 pm 

Puckhead wrote:

Its too bad because I really enjoyed the shift in the conference for the most part; i.e., the Avs and Stars falling to be bottom feeders. I know, Im trashing my guy Modano, but I really do enjoy the powershift with the Ducks, Blues, Sharks and Kings emerging. St. Louis is going to be a nightmare real soon as well. Honestly, I think the Hawks need to win right now, otherwise it is going to be a tough time competing with these teams in the next few years, IMHO. Ive only seen the highlights of the Blues games thus far, but what I saw looked damned good.

they have a lot of potential, but just wait till next season. Tkachuk, Kariya, and mason all come off their contract, and they already have 6 million free :shock: they gonna be buying talent next offseason. and FYI and they just scored again, so they're up 2-0 on the hurricanes, god this gamecast is awesome, scratch that 3-0 :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:41 pm 

Puckhead wrote:

:lol: I think we jinxed him, he just gave up two goals in 1:10 in the first period against Calgary :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:38 am 

crosscheck wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

:lol: I think we jinxed him, he just gave up two goals in 1:10 in the first period against Calgary :lol:

Still pulled that one out. 10-1-2. Sheesh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm 

Puckhead wrote:
Still pulled that one out. 10-1-2. Sheesh.

no shit, I switched to the Kings game thinking the flames had it won :evil: I'm starting to get worried about this team making a run when they start their long home stand, although the hawks were one of the three teams to beat'em albeit not in regulation :cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:23 pm 

Saw the replay from last night. Kings are lucky they didnt lose in OT, that wasnt goaltender interference. Whats up with your guys?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:24 pm 

Puckhead wrote:
Saw the replay from last night. Kings are lucky they didnt lose in OT, that wasnt goaltender interference. Whats up with your guys?

I don't know if you knew this but, the NHL makes a team lose by a lot to the thrashers at least once a year. So Bettman called the kings before the game on Friday and said "you guys have to lose 7-0 tonight." And so they did, they are a very respectful organization after all... So the call in OT last night was just the league thanking them for laying down to the thrashers...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:14 pm 

do you really think this will hold up?

meanwhile, SHOCKING...the flyers are...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK. ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:29 pm 

W_Z wrote:
do you really think this will hold up?

meanwhile, SHOCKING...the flyers are...IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK. ugh.

Absolutely, they have enough talent on that team to make the playoffs, and to do some damage. They just lost smyth for a month, but it'll hold together. Speaking of your flyers, they're down 1 to the Kings currently heading into the second 8) , good game thus far...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 pm 

If the Kings win tonight, they would have sole possession of the points lead in the conference.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
From CNNSI

Kings will fall

The Los Angeles Kings entered the week as the No. 1 team in the Western Conference. Even after a loss to Vancouver on Monday, their 45 points equaled San Jose's total as the most in the conference.

Want a sign why Los Angeles probably won't finish the season atop the conference?

Through 35 games, the Kings had a goal differential of plus three, having scored 107 and allowed 104.

There is no more reliable reflection of success than goal differential. Since 1989, the worst/plus minus for a regular-season conference winner was plus-35, by the Bruins in 1990 and 2002. The '89 Red Wings, with an 80-point season, managed to win the Norris Division (like the Adams, Patrick and Smythe, those traditional names, too, were sacrificed to geography) despite allowing three more goals than they scored, but no other division winner has ventured into negative territory.

Other division winners with close shaves include Carolina, which scored and allowed 217 goals in '02, Atlanta (plus-one in '07), and Minnesota (plus-five in '08.)

Coach Terry Murray has helped give the structure, and Jonathan Quick has provided A-minus goaltending for the upstart Kings, who are winners of 10 of 15 one-goal games. But other than the 1993 Canadiens, who won 10 straight OT games in the playoffs with the nonpareil Patrick Roy in goal, virtually no team -- especially a young one like Los Angeles -- truly is comfortable walking a tightrope every game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:26 am 

Sounds about right.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:00 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
From CNNSI

Kings will fall

The Los Angeles Kings entered the week as the No. 1 team in the Western Conference. Even after a loss to Vancouver on Monday, their 45 points equaled San Jose's total as the most in the conference.

Want a sign why Los Angeles probably won't finish the season atop the conference?

Through 35 games, the Kings had a goal differential of plus three, having scored 107 and allowed 104.

There is no more reliable reflection of success than goal differential. Since 1989, the worst/plus minus for a regular-season conference winner was plus-35, by the Bruins in 1990 and 2002. The '89 Red Wings, with an 80-point season, managed to win the Norris Division (like the Adams, Patrick and Smythe, those traditional names, too, were sacrificed to geography) despite allowing three more goals than they scored, but no other division winner has ventured into negative territory.

Other division winners with close shaves include Carolina, which scored and allowed 217 goals in '02, Atlanta (plus-one in '07), and Minnesota (plus-five in '08.)

Coach Terry Murray has helped give the structure, and Jonathan Quick has provided A-minus goaltending for the upstart Kings, who are winners of 10 of 15 one-goal games. But other than the 1993 Canadiens, who won 10 straight OT games in the playoffs with the nonpareil Patrick Roy in goal, virtually no team -- especially a young one like Los Angeles -- truly is comfortable walking a tightrope every game.

You just made the list asshole. :twisted:

goal differential is a good measuring stick, but those stats have been scuewed the last few weeks with the loss of one of their biggest point producers in Smyth. This team is for real... I don't think that they will finish ahead of the sharks, nor did I predict that in the beginning of the season, but this team has enough talent on it to create some damage in the playoffs...

they are a young team, don't get me wrong, but they have some veterans like smyth and williams and the young captain brown(24 years old) who have been around the block, so it's not like this team is without leadership... but scoring depth is a problem as is defense... I could see them making a move to give jackson some help on the blueline...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
crosscheck wrote:

You just made the list asshole. :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

Saw it and had to post it for you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:54 am 

If you catch it this morning, NHL on the Fly had a segment on the juniors tournament. I realize they are just prospects, but they focused on the number of guys the Kings have playing in the tournament. This might be a scary team in a few years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 pm 

Puckhead wrote:
This might be a scary team in a few years.

:lol: you make me laugh pucky... "a few years" oh you're killing me :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:19 pm 

Your nards are ripe for the kicking.

Kopitar needs to be more consistent and a lot of these guys are still young.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm 

no one else saw that brown penalty shot? no? thank god :oops: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
No, but I finally heard Brown speak for the first time and damn does he have a bad lisp. And then it jogged my memory and maybe you can fill me in on this story...I remember hearing that when he got to the Kings they had some real assholes on the team and they singled him out and made fun of him nonstop for his lisp. Eventually management had to clean house because Brown and some of those vets hated each other so much. If I remember correctly it was a pretty good player too who was doing most of the teasing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 am 

Big win last night over the SHARKs. Three points seperate 3rd and 8th in the conference.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:28 pm 

shakes wrote:
No, but I finally heard Brown speak for the first time and damn does he have a bad lisp. And then it jogged my memory and maybe you can fill me in on this story...I remember hearing that when he got to the Kings they had some real assholes on the team and they singled him out and made fun of him nonstop for his lisp. Eventually management had to clean house because Brown and some of those vets hated each other so much. If I remember correctly it was a pretty good player too who was doing most of the teasing.

Yep, Avery was the one who got moved (surprise, surprise) I think he was the only one teasing him... that's a good memory shakes, that was a few years before the lockout... so brown must have been only 18 or 19...