It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Anyone else besides me gonna watch this? I stumbled on it last year and it was great. Definitely gonna watch it again this year. It starts at 3pm today on NHL network with Canada vs Latvia. USA plays Slovakia in the late game.

Canada has won 5 straight titles and has a record of something like 30-1 in that timeframe. I really dislike them because they have so much talent yet they insist on rostering a couple psychopaths who have no interest in doing anything other than attempt to paralyze people. Not an exaggeration. They have a guy named Della Rove who has one specialty, drilling guys into the boards from behind. Guy has no business playing hockey, let alone playing on the national team.

Keeping with the scumbag mentality of team canada their team captain, Cormier delivered a vicious elbow the head of a Swede as he was skating off the ice. Not sure if he got suspended or not.

USA was totally overmatched last year by Tavares, Evander Kane and assoc and this year looks to be more of the same. The two teams meet on New Years Eve.

If you get a chance to check it out, the games will be on all week on NHL network. You won't be disappointed, its a great tournament....and a HUGE deal in the hockey world.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Not having the NHL network in HD is making this really hard to watch, but hall looks like he's gonna be a damn good player, that saucer pass on the 8th goal was solid... But the competition is so weak that I'll reserve judgement...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:00 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Not having the NHL network in HD is making this really hard to watch, but hall looks like he's gonna be a damn good player, that saucer pass on the 8th goal was solid... But the competition is so weak that I'll reserve judgement...

I get it in HD, I guess that's the one thing Directv does right.

Hall is a stud, I watched him last spring in the Memorial Cup. He's the real deal.

As Hawks fans we should be really nervous about a Nashville team that's gonna feature a blueline of Weber and Dan Ellis for the next decade.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:39 pm 
The Latvians looked like they wanted to cry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Baby McNown wrote:

Wouldn't you too? :lol: the sad part is that the goalie actually looked very decent, but when you're outshot 65-13, you're probably gonna get your ass handed to you... I'm starting to see things shakes way, fuck canada, way too much talent on it to be fair, but maybe the US can stop them this year...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 am 

US is looking pretty good so far, can't complain with 2-0. They got off to a slow start vs Slovakia, but then dominated the last two periods. Ran into a hot goalie today, but that said, US was way too sloppy with the puck tonight.

One thing I'm really happy about is the bit of nasty streak the US is playing with so far. Last year, they were completely manhandled by the much more physical Canada. It looks like they remembered that coming into this tournament.

US caught a huge break with the groups, their group is ridiculously easy compared to Group B. US pretty much has a top two seed already wrapped up.

Can't wait for Dec. 31 and the Canadians! I'm gonna be at the UC for the Hawks game, but the great part about being in Chicago is I can go to a Hawks game confident that I won't hear the score of the Junior game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:14 am 

crosscheck wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Wouldn't you too? :lol: the sad part is that the goalie actually looked very decent, but when you're outshot 65-13, you're probably gonna get your ass handed to you... I'm starting to see things shakes way, fuck canada, way too much talent on it to be fair, but maybe the US can stop them this year...

I was really annoyed with the announcers going on and on about how Canada wasn't running up the score, the NEEDED to score to protect goal differential. Dude, you're in a group with USA, Slovakia, Latvia and Switzerland. In what off the wall scenario would goal differential make any difference for Canada? The only team they could possibly lose to is the USA and if that happens US will be #1 and Canada with be #2, its not like they have to worry about ending up tied with anyone in the standings. But, jsut to make sure maybe they oughta drop a couple touchdowns on the Swiss tomorrow!