PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: home run inn
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/ ... id=5081696

shocked they all have the fen wings moving on.... :twisted: :twisted:

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
The Blackhawks went 4-2 against Nashville--with all 6 games being played before January 1st.

That the Preds played the Blackhawks that closely when the Blackhawks were playing better than they have since January...

I'd think that taking the Preds would be a more popular pick--except the experts at ESPN are almost always wrong when they all agree.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I think the top 2 seed in each conference will win, I would put the Devils, but I think they have a big goaltending advantage, even though Brodeur is up in years, Sharks have showed recently they don't succeed here, but I think they will get it done this year. I think the Blackhawks roll. On the Capitals, I think they roll too, but with Ovechkin, all the series have gone to 7 games and home ice advantage and are 1-2.

I think the 3 seeds may be in the most trouble of being upset.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
reents wrote:
I would put the Devils, but I think they have a big goaltending advantage, even though Brodeur is up in years

I still have the image of him destroying his stick at the end of the hurricanes series last year fresh in my mind, I'm not so willing to trust him anymore...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:55 pm 

I'm surprised that they are so aligned with most of the series, I could see Boston pulling an upset, or even Ottawa... and even though Detroit is always a trendy pick around this time of year, they are playing a team that can hang with anyone, so it's kind of surprising that the coyotes are being completely written off...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 pm 

I understand your point Crosscheck, but I think the Flyers are down to their 3rd goaltender of the year, I would trust Brodeur in this series, probably not future ones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 pm 

Crosscheck, I am there with you in Boston, the Penguins fan in me, doesn't see Ottawa upsetting them, you may be right about the Red Wings/Coyotes series, it's just the Coyotes don't have the best of luck in the playoffs, and the Red Wings may be playing their best hockey right now.

Should be fun and who can get 16 more wins.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:10 pm 

reents wrote:
Crosscheck, I am there with you in Boston, the Penguins fan in me, doesn't see Ottawa upsetting them, you may be right about the Red Wings/Coyotes series, it's just the Coyotes don't have the best of luck in the playoffs, and the Red Wings may be playing their best hockey right now.

Should be fun and who can get 16 more wins.

well it's kind of been an under-the-radar year for the panguins thus far, so an early exit out of the playoffs might be apropos, although after looking more closely at the senators, I think I now see what the espn guys were seeing :lol: goaltending=below average; defensively=kind of average, and offensively challenged... yeah the penguins should easily get past the first round, but I don't see them getting past the conference finals...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:50 am 

I think San Jose will play through to the Western Conference finals and where they'll face either the Wings or Kings.

Capitals will do the same in the Eastern Conference and face the Penguins, Bruins or Sabres.

Both 7 seeds will "upset" the 2 seeds.Tho at this point those aren't really upsets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 am 

I don't see Ottawa pulling an upset. I can easily see Philly though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
NearWessSideHussra wrote:

Both 7 seeds will "upset" the 2 seeds.Tho at this point those aren't really upsets.

What world are you in where Nashville beating Chicago in a 7 game series wouldn't be considered an upset? Even as you say everyone at ESPN picked the Hawks to win that series so that's decently compelling evidence that the average person thinks that'd be an upset

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:38 am 

Citing the Eastcoast Sports-not-named-hockey network on this?

Look at who the Blackhawks have beaten in their recent winning streak--Wild, Blues, Flames, Avs.....teams out of the playoffs or 8 seeds at best. The only somewhat decent playoff team they've beaten over that streak (the Devils, in a shootout) is another 2 seed likely to be taken out by a 7 seed.

If you've been following the NHL since the Olympic break, the Preds are the favorites here (or at least equally likely to win this 1st round series, Blackhawks winning wouldn't be an upset either)

In the Stanley Cup playoffs, seeds mean nothing to anyone outside of ESPN and similar know-nothing-bout-hockey organizations. It's a whole different game. A game the Preds are better built to play and win.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 am 

They are both 6-3-1 in their last 10. They did beat the Wings 4-3 after almost blowing the game at the end of the 3rd. Their losses are to LA and Dallas with wins against Florida and 3 wins against St. Louis

We've won 4 out of the 6 we've played against them this year I think Hossa has only played in 2 or 3 of those games. Yes we are minus Brian Campbell, but if he's the only thing that separates us from Nashville then we are a lot farther from the cup than anyone wants to admit to themselves.

It wouldn't be a monumental upset if Nashville wins this in 6 or 7, but the clear favorites are the Hawks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 am 

Wonder if the Preds win over the Wings was against Osgood or Howard. Wings did play Osgood once recently, and they lost that game by I think that score.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Boston will not win more than one game. Ryan Miller is gonna take the Sabres deep into the playoffs this year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:08 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Boston will not win more than one game. Ryan Miller is gonna take the Sabres deep into the playoffs this year.

how'd that Myers kid hold up during the season? I haven't paid much attention to the sabers this year...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
crosscheck wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

how'd that Myers kid hold up during the season? I haven't paid much attention to the sabers this year...

he's probably gonna win the Calder.

Fucking stings considering the Hawks picked right before Buffalo and took some stiff instead. How would you like our blue line right now if you could take out Sopel and replace him with Myers?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
well it's kind of been an under-the-radar year for the panguins thus far, so an early exit out of the playoffs might be apropos, although after looking more closely at the senators, I think I now see what the espn guys were seeing :lol: goaltending=below average; defensively=kind of average, and offensively challenged... yeah the penguins should easily get past the first round, but I don't see them getting past the conference finals...

genius :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 am 

crosscheck wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

The kid has been unbelievable. Lindy Ruff (worlds greatest hockey name) has him out there against the other teams first lines all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:58 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
The kid has been unbelievable. Lindy Ruff (worlds greatest hockey name) has him out there against the other teams first lines all the time.

It's quite good. I counter with Jeff Beukeboom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:40 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I've always liked the name "Marty McSorely" too

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

I've always liked the name "Marty McSorely" too

Pekka Rhina is a solid name. So is Hakaan Loob. But my money's on Cal Clutterbuck.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 am 

Zarley Zalapski

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:00 pm 

The guy wearing the number "two-two" for the Hawks first round opponent has a good one "too".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm 

The Sabres used to have a guy named Morris Titanic.