It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NHL Scheduling Question
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Since I heard them talk on the Danny Mac show about taking a road trip for a hockey game, I have never been to an NHL game and was checking February on, after football season, and see on the weekends that the teams I am close too don't play at home much on the weekends.

I looked at the Blackhawks, only home once in Feb on a Sunday, and in March at home 3 times, but at night.

I also looked at the Blue Jackets in Columbus, got family close to their so could visit, in Feb. was home to the Hawks, but in the afternoon, which I guess could work, but's it's 6 hours when I checked the maps.

I am also wondering why hockey doesn't schedule it evenly teams at home on the weekends, because after the Super Bowl, most people would look for something to do and with the possibility of no NBA for awhile, I think they would take the chance to jump on it.

Of course, the problem always out there, when you think about planning things in the winter months is a big snow storm cancels everthing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Magliozzi's
I think it has something to do with the Bulls having the rights to play on Saturday nights. I have no idea why this is but the Hawks never play at home on Saturdays.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:38 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Bulls have Saturday nights, Hawks have Sunday evenings. Just kinda how it is.

Interestingly, the NHL has engineered the Phoenix Coyotes' home schedule to consist almost entirely of Friday and Saturday games to help their attendance. Hasn't helped yet!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Thanks for the info, I wondered if the Bulls came into play, still a little suprised when I seen that on their schedule.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
It probably has something to do with Reinsdorf's religion. I forget which one it is...