It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:53 pm 
SHARK wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Yes shark. I'm aware. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing the Hall/Eberle/RNH line from my seats when OKC comes to town. The players that are in the A are on 2 way deals. There was a massive league wide reassigning of everybody on a 2 way right before they locked the doors. That won't last forever.

Just making sure you were paying attention. :wink:

I'll be paying attention to about a third of the Blackhawks from 6th row center in about 2 hours. I'm well aware of who's in the A :-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Baby McNown wrote:
They just finalized the lease with Glendale today. Desert hockey isn't going anywhere (sadly)

Dammit!
:evil: noobs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
A damn shame this battle of millionaires vs multi-millionaires & billionaires continues with no hope in sight.

The real tragedy is all the people whose livelihood has been adversely affected if not destroyed in some cases.

Just a sad state of affairs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm 

cpguy wrote:
A damn shame this battle of millionaires vs multi-millionaires & billionaires continues with no hope in sight.

The real tragedy is all the people whose livelihood has been adversely affected if not destroyed in some cases.

Get this Pinko garbage off the board.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cant believe they still would look for a season. To call everyone back and try to get a training camp going would take several weeks to a month. Then how many games? Twenty Max? Thinking about that-that may be fun. All out crashing to get to the post season? Probably not as much fun as it sounds. I think they are already past the point of no return.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
The two sides are tentatively scheduled to resume negotiations tomorrow, but I also saw something on CSNChicago.com yesterday in which they haven't ruled out a federal mediator. Unfortunately, just like everything else, mediation didn't work the first time the 2 sides tried it. I've gotta think that cancelling the entire season is a very real possibility after this latest breakdown in talks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:59 pm 

At this point, just get the deal done and seed them 1-15 based on last years standings, except Cup finalists get 1st round byes. All people care about are the playoffs anyway, just have 3 months of them with every team getting to sell playoff tickets....

Seriously though, if they signed a deal Monday, wouldn't it be new years before a game could be played, or at least after Christmas? 40 game season?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Quote:
"We made a lot of progress," Westgarth said. "It's pretty clear that we're not that very far apart. It's unfortunate that's the reaction we got."

I'm still feeling pretty good about a season happening<knocks on wood>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nine current NHL franchises have played fewer regular season games than Gary Bettman has canceled (2,224).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 pm 
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nine current NHL franchises have played fewer regular season games than Gary Bettman has canceled (2,224).

:cry:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Those are HOF numbers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:16 pm 

On Sirius/XM Satellite Radio yesterday, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said that there would be a season, but at the same time, he admitted that more cancellations are very likely. So far, the NHL regular season through December 30th, including the Winter Classic on New Year's Day & the league's All-Star Weekend originally scheduled for the end of January in Columbus, OH, have been cancelled.

As things stand, there are no new talks planned and at last check, the NHLPA has been voting on whether to dissolve the union. That could pave the way for the NHLPA to take the league to court and challenge anti-trust laws.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm 

SHARK wrote:
On Sirius/XM Satellite Radio yesterday, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said that there would be a season, but at the same time, he admitted that more cancellations are very likely. So far, the NHL regular season through December 30th, including the Winter Classic on New Year's Day & the league's All-Star Weekend originally scheduled for the end of January in Columbus, OH, have been cancelled.

As things stand, there are no new talks planned and at last check, the NHLPA has been voting on whether to dissolve the union. That could pave the way for the NHLPA to take the league to court and challenge anti-trust laws.

There's no way there is going to be a season. What are they going to do, play 20 games, and then start the playoffs? If they came to an agreement today, they would still need time for free-agency and training camp, and maybe 1-2 preseason games. So you have to think that would take 3-4 weeks, so they're looking at nearly a beginning of February start. Time for the NHL to give it up. It's Ovah!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:46 pm 

The NHL has now officially cancelled games through January 14th. If you read between the lines, if the NHL and NHLPA don't reach a new CBA by the middle of January, the season will be cancelled.

I've got to think if the NHL & NHLPA get a new CBA in place, I've got to think it'll be no more than a 48 game season, likely with West vs. West & East vs. East until the Stanley Cup Finals. Would the NHL squeeze a bunch of games like the NBA did with 66 games following their own lockout starting on Christmas Day a year ago?

It would help if the two sides in the NHL Lockout end the legal bullshit and return to the bargaining table. It's beyond ridiculous now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
SHARK wrote:
legal bullshit

whoooooooooooooaaaa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:51 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
SHARK wrote:
legal bullshit

whoooooooooooooaaaa

It is legal bullshit, CH. There...I said it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:23 pm 

According to RDS reporter Renaud Lavoie's Twitter, an NHL source said that a new CBA has to be squared away by January 11th. If not, the season will indeed be cancelled. It's believed the two sides have made new proposals, even though BOTH sides haven't necessarily returned to the bargaining table.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
The league has reportedly agreed to two compliance buyouts per team next season, according to Sportsnet’s Michael Grange. This would coincide with a salary cap decrease for 2013-14, which is believed to be in the $10 million neighborhood (from $70.2 this year to around $60 million.)

Under the league’s proposal, each team would be allowed two buyouts that wouldn’t count against the cap but, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman, will count against hockey-related revenue.

Not too many great candidates for the Hawks to amnesty as their capsheet is pretty clean for a contender.

Johnny Oduya: $3,383,333 hit for 3 more years. But was just signed so only happening if shits the bed this year.

Steve Montador: $2,750,000 hit for 3 more years.
Probably the best candidate but wasn't given a fair chance last year.

Corey Crawford: $2,666,667 hit for 2 more years.
Had a bad year but this will be his year to see whether Hawks should invest more time in him. Highly unlikely to get bought out I'd say.

Marian Hossa could be possibility if a team is able to carry the buyout option like in NBA. If Hossa remains injury prone and breaks down it might be a decent idea later on once his front-loaded salary payment drastically declines.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 pm 

There's no deal yet, but Chris Stevenson of Ottawa's Sun Media has tweeted "rumours NHL teams are reaching out to their coaches and telling them to be ready." Could there be a new CBA on the way?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:55 pm 

Between the logjam at defense and the concussion issues, Montador is as good as gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
SHARK wrote:
There's no deal yet, but Chris Stevenson of Ottawa's Sun Media has tweeted "rumours NHL teams are reaching out to their coaches and telling them to be ready." Could there be a new CBA on the way?

They have another week of bluster before the NHL's self imposed Jan. 11 deadline to cancel the season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:09 pm 

I never again want to hear about how Bettman is a "great negotiator." Here's how to be a great negotiator the Gary Bettman (and Jerry Reinsdorf) way:

1) Have all possible leverage in a situation.
2) Say no to anything other than exactly what you want.

If you are lucky enough to be in a position where you can do this, you're on the way to being a great negotiator! It's like a child demanding candy for dinner, except he gets it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
I never again want to hear about how Bettman is a "great negotiator." Here's how to be a great negotiator the Gary Bettman (and Jerry Reinsdorf) way:

1) Have all possible leverage in a situation.
2) Say no to anything other than exactly what you want.

If you are lucky enough to be in a position where you can do this, you're on the way to being a great negotiator! It's like a child demanding candy for dinner, except he gets it.

If you're holding all the cards, why fold?

Sounds like good negotiating to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:55 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Twitter is going crazy about this thing being OVA in the next 24 hours.

Season over or lockout over?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm 

Betcha an Italian beef sammich that the terms of this CBA just utterly fuck the Blackhawks right up the ass. You know, again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Betcha an Italian beef sammich that the terms of this CBA just utterly fuck the Blackhawks right up the ass. You know, again.

Would never happen if Reinsdorf owned the team.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If Reinsdorf ran the fucking country, we wouldn't have all these problems we are having. #TheGreatManipulator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:45 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Jerry Reinsdorf almost bought the Phoenix Coyotes by proposing a scheme in which a special taxing district would be established around the arena, the funds from which would be funneled to Reinsdorf to buy the team. What a fuckin' asshole, huh?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
The NHL was lucky enough to have markets 2, 3, and 7 win the last three Stanley Cups. Then the league and players fight over percentages for 6+ months. I will always wear my 2010 Cup Champs T-shirt with fond memories of that time and that team. I'm going to wait until at least next season to go back to being a fan. It will take my more than 6 months to convince myself to be an NHL fan again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
donspiracy wrote:
The NHL was lucky enough to have markets 2, 3, and 7 win the last three Stanley Cups. Then the league and players fight over percentages for 6+ months. I will always wear my 2010 Cup Champs T-shirt with fond memories of that time and that team. I'm going to wait until at least next season to go back to being a fan. It will take my more than 6 months to convince myself to be an NHL fan again.

I am a sucker and will be back on day one first game. I am so desperate I am watching tape delay stuff from Europe on the NHL channel.
I have 2 of the Rally towels from 2010 in Zip loc bags in a nice dark spot so they do not fade. Time to pull out the sweaters it looks like!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next