It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:46 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
donspiracy wrote:
The NHL was lucky enough to have markets 2, 3, and 7 win the last three Stanley Cups.

Media markets =! hockey markets; the confluence of teams no one cares about (Kings, Coyotes, Devils, Predators) and terrible obstruction/shot-blocking shell hockey led to a pretty steep drop in ratings. The other dumb thing the league did was gain attention with exciting uptempo teams, only to redefine obstruction so that crappy ragtag bands could muck their way past the thoroughbreds. That's parity, though!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:48 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I never again want to hear about how Bettman is a "great negotiator." Here's how to be a great negotiator the Gary Bettman (and Jerry Reinsdorf) way:

1) Have all possible leverage in a situation.
2) Say no to anything other than exactly what you want.

If you are lucky enough to be in a position where you can do this, you're on the way to being a great negotiator! It's like a child demanding candy for dinner, except he gets it.

If you're holding all the cards, why fold?

Sounds like good negotiating to me.

Well, obviously because it's destroying the league to do this. Derp.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:33 am 

To be honest, with how disgusted I am with the greed of the hockey players, I don't know if I'll be back as a fan.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:21 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
donspiracy wrote:
The NHL was lucky enough to have markets 2, 3, and 7 win the last three Stanley Cups.

Media markets =! hockey markets; the confluence of teams no one cares about (Kings, Coyotes, Devils, Predators) and terrible obstruction/shot-blocking shell hockey led to a pretty steep drop in ratings. The other dumb thing the league did was gain attention with exciting uptempo teams, only to redefine obstruction so that crappy ragtag bands could muck their way past the thoroughbreds. That's parity, though!

To make hockey more exciting, they should add a second Puck. Same goes for Soccer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
To be honest, with how disgusted I am with the greed of the hockey players, I don't know if I'll be back as a fan.

This was never about what the players wanted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7