It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First Hockey Game
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I went to my first hockey game yesterday and the Wolves were winning when I left. I can now check that off my bucket list.

Post subject: Re: First Hockey Game
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Makaveli wrote:
I went to my first hockey game yesterday and the Wolves were winning when I left. I can now check that off my bucket list.

Glad you made it out of there ok...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The fire almost took my eye brows off when they were announcing the players. I kept my head down and left before anyone noticed I was there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Wolves games may be the best sports entertainment dollar value. You get the most for your money, but you have to like hockey.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:00 pm 
Makaveli wrote:
The fire almost took my eye brows off when they were announcing the players. I kept my head down and left before anyone noticed I was there.

Did the power play still suck?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Makaveli wrote:

The explosions aren't too good on the ears either. I try to schedule a beer run during the pyrotechnics.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm 

As long as you're close enough to see just about any sporting event would be decent. Years ago when I went to the Wolves game I just remember cheaper food compared to the pro stadiums and they had fights on the ice during the game too. It's cheap enough to take your kids and to most younger kids they don't really care that they're not seeing the Blackhawks. It's like the Kane County Cougars for hockey.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That's not entirely fair. The Wolves--at least under Atlanta's affiliation, may be different under Vancouver--are more like a Quadruple-A team in a Triple-A league. They go out and get the best AHL players they can to win a championship, though this often puts them at cross-purposes with their parent team. The Cougars are much lower on their respective ladder.

Additionally, if you went to a Wolves game during the lockout, chances are the Canucks' best prospects/rookies were on assignment there. I think Rockford had Leddy, Saad, Shaw, Kruger, and Morin all down there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
That's not entirely fair. The Wolves--at least under Atlanta's affiliation, may be different under Vancouver--are more like a Quadruple-A team in a Triple-A league. They go out and get the best AHL players they can to win a championship, though this often puts them at cross-purposes with their parent team. The Cougars are much lower on their respective ladder.

Yes, that is true that the Cougars are a single A team. I guess if I was going to a minor league game of any sport I still feel somewhat cheated that I'm not watching the pros.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Makaveli wrote:
The fire almost took my eye brows off when they were burning the cross. I kept my head down and left before anyone noticed I was there.

Edited to original text.