It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:03 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Northside_Dan wrote:
Fair, but I really enjoy Doc Emrick. Maybe his default buildup in his voice is too high for mundane plays early in the 1st, but his voice is playoff hockey to me. Can never get enough.

I can't take his bouts of aphasia whenever he gets excited. I know hockey is fast-paced, but imagine if any other sport had a lead announcer prone to saying stuff like "A DRIVE AND OHHHH IT WENT OFF THE OHHH BUT BACK AND THEN THE WITH THE AND THE OHHHH AND THE CAREENED BACK WITH THE SHOT AND OHHHHHH."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Eddie was good in my opinion but wears on me. His dumb little sayings with Pat are annoying. His pandering drives me nuts. It gets worse the more you listen. The sad thing is, his commentary and analysis are generally good.

Doc is just a case of getting too excited too often. I agree he has that hockey voice that is wonderful when a big play happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:19 am 

Doc can over do it at times but I like him.

Enzo can fuck off whenever he feels like it. Don't like.

Pierre is decent at times and other times I just want to kill him. No one gives a shit where a 10 year NHL vet played his junior hockey at.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:26 am 

John Forslund is my favorite hockey play by play guy for tv. He's the Hurricane's announcer. He's on the #3 NBC crew which is a shame because he should be ahead of Strader. Hopefully it's Forslund who takes over for Doc when he calls it quits and not Strader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aiin4D31xY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: 1-0 Bruins already. Fucking Penguins look horrible yet again

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
The East in the NHL looks like it's as deep as the East in the NBA--higher seeds rip through lower seeds but then struggle against other high seeds in the same conference.

OT coming up, Penguins season is on life-support.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Hockey Gay wrote:
John Forslund is my favorite hockey play by play guy for tv. He's the Hurricane's announcer. He's on the #3 NBC crew which is a shame because he should be ahead of Strader. Hopefully it's Forslund who takes over for Doc when he calls it quits and not Strader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aiin4D31xY

Call me a homer, but I'd rather hear Pat Foley.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Boston wins it in the 2 OT, up 3-0 on the Penguins

http://youtu.be/S0MHCvS-2LI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
denisdman wrote:
Eddie was good in my opinion but wears on me. His dumb little sayings with Pat are annoying. His pandering drives me nuts. It gets worse the more you listen. The sad thing is, his commentary and analysis are generally good.

Doc is just a case of getting too excited too often. I agree he has that hockey voice that is wonderful when a big play happens.

Why is it a sad thing that Eddies O's commentary & analyses are good? Commentary & analyses are 95% of the color analysts job. So he compliments the Comcast staff every once in a while. Big deal. I'm sure they get a kick out of the appreciation.

With regards to Doc, I love the guy & the over the top excitement & high pitched nasally delivery. Hell, I even enjoy Pierre.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
This may have been talked about but I wasn't going to read the entire thread. Anyway I am a bit of a hockey
novice and been tuning into all the Hawks games, enjoying it very much. Last night didn't offer much on tv
so I checked out the Eastern Conference Finals. My question is this.... Does the Eastern Conference play
a different style of hockey than the west sort of similar to what happens in the NBA? When I watch the Hawks
I see a lot of physical play and banging on the boards but the game I watched last night there didn't appear
to be as much contact. A lot of open passing and skating. The game was moving at what seemed like a
quicker pace. Maybe it is just the teams playing but are these teams just not as physical or is it an Eastern
Conference thing? If this is a dumb question than I apologize but this is what my first take on their style of
play was. I only watched the 3rd period and 1st OT so it was a small sample size.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
T-Bone wrote:
This may have been talked about but I wasn't going to read the entire thread. Anyway I am a bit of a hockey
novice and been tuning into all the Hawks games, enjoying it very much. Last night didn't offer much on tv
so I checked out the Eastern Conference Finals. My question is this.... Does the Eastern Conference play
a different style of hockey than the west sort of similar to what happens in the NBA? When I watch the Hawks
I see a lot of physical play and banging on the boards but the game I watched last night there didn't appear
to be as much contact. A lot of open passing and skating. The game was moving at what seemed like a
quicker pace. Maybe it is just the teams playing but are these teams just not as physical or is it an Eastern
Conference thing? If this is a dumb question than I apologize but this is what my first take on their style of
play was. I only watched the 3rd period and 1st OT so it was a small sample size.

In general, the East has more teams that want to play more of a physical game than the west, although you can find certainly find teams in both conferences that want to play either style.

From a basic? standpoint, the style of game the Hawks want to play is very similar to the Penguins whereas the Bruins and Kings are built much the same way. Pittsburgh controlled much of the pace of play last night and definitely should have won that game.

Each NHL game is obviously it's own animal so it's tough to say. If you watched Game 1 of that series you would have thought these guys were trying to kill each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Ok. Just seemed like I was watching an early 90s Loyola Marymount basketball game. Lots of free
passing and guys skating blue line to blue line without being touched. Small sample size and I am
certainly no expert on hockey.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:55 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Scorehead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Why is it a sad thing that Eddies O's commentary & analyses are good? Commentary & analyses are 95% of the color analysts job. So he compliments the Comcast staff every once in a while. Big deal. I'm sure they get a kick out of the appreciation.

With regards to Doc, I love the guy & the over the top excitement & high pitched nasally delivery. Hell, I even enjoy Pierre.

It's sad because his other garbage obscures what is solid commentary. He constantly gets on my nerves with his "now", "three, three, three" or whatever he says. His pandering of support staff is constant. It's not once in a while.

Doc would be fine in smaller doses. He is always on, and that diminishes the excitement of a play because he uses the voice raise all the time. He must scream, "a drive by...." 40 times a game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
From my take on the bus into work and walk to my building today I fear mass suicides in Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Zero points for Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, Neal and Letang.

Damn, who would've predicted that? Here we are complaining about Kaner and Toews and the Pens have 3 former Art Ross winners and a Norris candidate firing blanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Can't believe Pittsburgh didn't score there.

Hawks vs. Bruins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Can't believe Pittsburgh didn't score there.

Hawks vs. Bruins.

If the Blackhawks win tomorrow night's Game 5 over the Kings, the Stanley Cup Final starts here Wednesday night. If not, the Cup Final starts next Saturday here or in Boston should the Kings come back to win this series. Can't get too carried away right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
We got this. The penguins were a team for fancy PR offense. They have no idea about defense. Detroit and LA have prepped us for this. The cup is ours.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Strombone
@strombone1:
One win away from dream final...... ❤❤❤ #becauseitsthecup

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Rask faced 158 shots in the Pens series...& stopped 156 of them. This has got to be some kind of record.

Hawks in 6.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7