It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Quote:
Ryan Miller's time as a Sabre is over. The longtime Buffalo goaltender has been traded to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for another goaltender, Jaroslav Halak, in a big five player, two draft pick trade that also includes NHL forwards Steve Ott and Chris Stewart.

To Buffalo: Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, prospect William Carrier, 2015 1st round pick, 2016 conditional 3rd round pick.

To St. Louis: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Ott?? Did they really need another shithead?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:32 pm 

Quote:
The 33-year-old Miller has posted a 15-22-3 record with the Sabres this season, with a 2.72 goals-against average and a .923 save percentage.

Originally selected in the fifth round (138th overall) by the Sabres at the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, Miller has spent his entire 11-year NHL career in Buffalo, posting a 284-186-1-56-28 record with a 2.60 goals-against average and a .916 save percentage.

Miller is in the final year of a five-year deal worth an average annual value of $6.25 million that he signed with the Sabres prior to the 2009-10 season.

Ott, 31, has appeared in 59 games with the Sabres this season, scoring nine goals and 11 assists.

He is in the final year of a four-year, $11.8 million contract and is slated to become an unrestricted free-agent on July 1.

Ott was selected in the first round (25th overall) of the 2000 NHL Entry Draft by the Dallas Stars and played nine seasons in Dallas before being traded to Buffalo in 2012.

In 673 career games with the Sabres and Stars, Ott has scored 103 goals and 161 assists while racking up 1,318 penalty minutes.

Halak, 28, has appeared in 40 games with the Blues this season recording a 24-9-4 record, with a 2.23 goals against average and a .917 save percentage.

He is currently in the final year of a four-year, $15 million contract he signed prior to the 2010-11 season and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Halak was selected in the ninth round (271st overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft by the Montreal Canadiens. He has appeared in 260 career games with the Blues and Canadiens, posting a 139-81-26-29 record with a 2.38 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
OK haul for the Sabres. Blues improve. All my friends from college somehow are from St. Louis. I want to take these fucking shitheads out. Fast forward already.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Buffalo was like 16th or 17th in goal prevention despite being the worst team in the league. Hawks are done.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Hair, you know playoffs are a totally fucking different animal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:54 pm 

Just admit this isn't our year. St. Louis is going all in on this year, and the Hawks haven't beaten them once in three tries. The Hawks should still try their best and hope that the Blues crap out in the playoffs like they did the last two years, but they need to think about the long game here and not make big sacrifices to win a year that isn't theirs to win. It won't be worth it.

Hard to be optimistic with the Hawks' offense plummeting and a study from the NYT saying that goal scoring drops by about .08 per Olympian. which means we're on pace to score like 2.2 goals a game the rest of the way out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Curious Hair wrote:
the Hawks haven't beaten them once in three tries.

See: Bulls v Heat, my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
And how do you know Miller won't shit the bed in the playoffs either. Easy to play with zero expectations in Buffalo. If indeed St Lou is " all in" this year, pressure is going to be enormous on him and I don't believe he's known as the most mentally tough goalie out there. Thats why they play the games CH. Lets see what happens.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 pm 

NHL teams don't sandbag the regular season (except for Game 48 last year where everyone was a healthy scratch). Even the shitty Sabres have been busting their asses for Ted Nolan because that's what Ted Nolan's teams do. The Blues are considerably better than the Hawks this year, which will happen when Captain Tryhard doesn't give a fuck for weeks at a time, something people don't like to talk about.

TSN now reporting that the Sabres are looking to flip Halak to Minnesota to take over for the perpetually injured Backstrom/Harding duo. Great.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:07 pm 

Being overlooked in this is that the Buffalo Sabres are amassing a ton of futures on all these trades. They'll have three firsts in 2015 (Long Island will probably take their chances on the condition) and a very high first this summer, plus whatever they get from dealing Moulson, Stewart, and Halak. They're also owned by a crazy billionaire who wants to spend his fracking fortune on Buffalo hockey. It's only relevant to us to the extent that they might make a crazy offer to Patrick Kane, but their future is bright.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:12 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
NHL teams don't sandbag the regular season (except for Game 48 last year where everyone was a healthy scratch). Even the shitty Sabres have been busting their asses for Ted Nolan because that's what Ted Nolan's teams do. The Blues are considerably better than the Hawks this year, which will happen when Captain Tryhard doesn't give a fuck for weeks at a time, something people don't like to talk about.

TSN now reporting that the Sabres are looking to flip Halak to Minnesota to take over for the perpetually injured Backstrom/Harding duo. Great.

I'm confused...

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
So, the Hawks are bad now?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Miller and Halak's career numbers *appear* not dissimilar, until you factor in the teams in front of them.

If Miller-as-a-Blue can do what he did in front of shitty Sabre teams...

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2014/1/3 ... than-halak

Quote:
Career, Regular Season, Even Strength

Miller has faced 11648 shots and made 10745 saves for a 0.9225 ESS%.
Halak has faced 4904 shots and made 4535 saves for a 0.9248 ESS%.

Edge Halak, but realistically those save percentages are the same.

Last 3 years, Regular Season, Even Strength

Miller has faced 4056 shots and made 3748 saves for a 0.9241 ESS%.
Halak has faced 2448 shots and made 2262 saves for a 0.9240 ESS%.
Those save percentages are obviously the same. That's one goal difference in 10,000 shots.

Last edited by NearWessSideHussra on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:17 pm 

They've been bad for two months. Perhaps you missed losing to Grand Rapids, losing to Dallas on an Antoine Roussel penalty shot, getting shut out by a Mike Smith who might lose his starting job, and a cavalcade of overtime losses.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:19 pm 

And the Blackhawks couldn't beat Quick, or Rask or any of the other douches that are brick walls. Ill take my chances in the playoffs against anyone . It might not be their year sure, but they shouldn't be afraid to play anyone in the playoffs. Neither should their fans.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:34 pm 
badrogue17 wrote:
And the Blackhawks couldn't beat Quick, or Rask or any of the other douches that are brick walls. Ill take my chances in the playoffs against anyone . It might not be their year sure, but they shouldn't be afraid to play anyone in the playoffs. Neither should their fans.

If Boston figures out earlier in the series (or bothers to watch tape) that Crawford has no glove side, and then sticks with it instead of chunking it after one game, the Hawks don't win that series. I hate St Louis but this was a great deal for them. The Hawks are in trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Hawks aren't going to win? Well Bernsie and I better stop watching so we don't waste our time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
They've been bad for two months. Perhaps you missed losing to Grand Rapids, losing to Dallas on an Antoine Roussel penalty shot, getting shut out by a Mike Smith who might lose his starting job, and a cavalcade of overtime losses.

They've lost some games? Only bad teams do that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:25 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
I hate St Louis but this was a great deal for them. The Hawks are in trouble.

Each goalies record so far this year ...

Miller 15-22-3 with a 2.72 goals-against average

Halak 24-9-4 record with a 2.23 goals-against average

Yeah Blackhawks are in such trouble.

I am with rogue

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:29 pm 

Miller was playing on the worst team of the salary cap era. I'm not sure whether you realize how bad Buffalo is. That he won 15 games is completely awe-inspiring.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:42 am 

Quote:
BREAKING: #stblues announce three-year contract extension for Brian Elliott, meaning Ryan Miller will be moving on.

Well, unfortunately, GM Armstrong didn't go all in on his idiotic Miller trade and attempt to re-sign him. Would've left the Blues without a 1st in 2014 & 2015. As CH posted their pipeline other than Rattie and Allen is empty so they're still pretty fucked.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:33 pm 

Elliott and Allen going forth will still be formidable, though I suppose it's not unthinkable that they spring for some chump like Dan Ellis or Anders Lindback to back up Elliott and stall the service clock on Allen, who seems to be very much for real.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Wouldn't shock me to see Miller back in Buffalo. Who else is going to pony up big bucks for him? Plus Buffalo has to get up to the salary floor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Curious Hair wrote:
Just admit this isn't our year. St. Louis is going all in on this year, and the Hawks haven't beaten them once in three tries. The Hawks should still try their best and hope that the Blues crap out in the playoffs like they did the last two years, but they need to think about the long game here and not make big sacrifices to win a year that isn't theirs to win. It won't be worth it.

Hard to be optimistic with the Hawks' offense plummeting and a study from the NYT saying that goal scoring drops by about .08 per Olympian. which means we're on pace to score like 2.2 goals a game the rest of the way out.

:shock: :lol:

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:48 pm 

:lol: lots of bad here

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.