It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jets didn't make any moves in either direction. Also, Mark Schiefele is out for the year after getting injured against the shitty Isles. Every day of that team's existence is like a white-hot sledgehammer to the nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
NearWessSideHussra wrote:
With Zetterberg gone for the season and Datsyuk skating on one good leg, don't see the point in a team giving up a potential piece of their future core for a win now guy.

Legwand's from that area, but he's 33. But "It's a man's league" according to their GM Ken Holland. Gotta figure the Wings feel good about extending Legwand, as he's eligible for free agency after this season. Maybe a healthy Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen and Legwand in 2014-2015 they can contend again.

Funny that both Zetterberg and Datsyuk played in the Olympics and now both are ailing.

The way Detroit's aging and creaking, they may as well have made a play for Hossa.

Seriously, though, do they have anyone of note in the pipeline? That team's definitely not getting any younger...do they think the East is so weak they can limp to a Conference Championship next season? Frankly, even with a reasonably healthy Zberg and Datsyuk next season, I don't see them going all that far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:38 pm 

There are always notable players in the pipeline for Detroit. Even though the rest of the league has caught up to them in scouting and drafting, they still develop players beyond what other organizations would do.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: sit down
Somehow the Red Wings have one of the top/if not the top juniors player on the planet in their pipeline, Anthony Mantha.

Guessing the Canucks demanded Mantha from the Wings as part of any Kesler deal and that's how the Wings ended up with Legwand instead.

Quote:
Mantha is already Detroit's No. 1 prospect, according to RedWingsCentral.com

The Red Wings' first-round pick (20th overall) in last year's draft, the 6-foot-4, 190-pound Mantha has 37 goals, 38 assists and a plus-14 ratings in 34 games for Val d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL.

He leads the QMJHL in both goals and points despite playing nine fewer games than Anthony Duclair of the Quebec Rempartis, who has 36 goals and 30 assists to sit second in the scoring race.

Mantha tied a club record by getting at least one point in 23 straight games before being blanked Saturday.

He also had five goals and six assists for Canada in the recent World Junior Championships to finish tied for third among all scorers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:08 pm 

NHL pussies out on punishing the Devils for the Kovalchuk contract. They don't have to forfeit their first-round pick this year after all, ostensibly because being the New Jersey Devils is punishment enough. Kind of a bitch move, if you ask me: the Devils were supposed to pick a year to forfeit their pick and never did, so this year they absolutely had to. Well, I guess they don't.

Gist of it seems to be that the Devils are under new ownership (same guy who bought the 76ers from Comcast) and so the new owner doesn't deserve to be punished for the sins of the Goldman Sachs fuckface who got them in this mess. Technically, I agree, and I've always had big problems with the way the NHL decided Kovalchuk's contract was unacceptable, but still, I always wish the Devils ill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:43 pm 

Quote:
It's a fresh wound right now. I didn't really get a chance to say goodbye. I owe a lot to the fans. The same reason why they fell in love with me many years ago I think is the same reason why they probably understand what I'm all about. I think I'm a character guy. I know this is hard for them. I didn't take this decision lightly, but I knew it was the right one.

— Martin St. Louis after being traded from the Lightning to the Rangers on Wednesday

Holy shit, dude, you're the same guy who demanded a trade at least a month ago because you didn't get to be on an all-star team, a trade which required you to waive a no-trade clause. That's the opposite of having no time to say goodbye and the opposite of being a character guy. Martin St. Louis, who the fuck are you crappin'?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 pm 

Apropos of nothing, I just want to note how fucking batshit it is that Jim Rutherford (1994), David Poile (1998), and George McPhee (1997) are all still general managers of their respective teams. Add Garth Snow to the list, who hasn't been there back into the '90s but has basically spent this entire season in the world's longest-burning self-immolation. None of the other leagues let such incompetent boobs remain GM for so long, do they?