It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2014 NHL Offseason
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 pm 

1 yr 2 mil for Richards almost seems to good to be true, especially considering the crazy money being spent on other guys.

Surely Richards could have gotten more somewhere else?

Maybe he wantes to really be a hawk

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
1 yr 2 mil for Richards almost seems to good to be true, especially considering the crazy money being spent on other guys.

Best shot to win in his mind I guess? Or he has buds on team or Toews brings guys in? I dunno.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:

His tour of the UC with GarPAx really made an impression.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Richards is coming off an enormous buyout. He's betting on himself that by taking one year to pad his stats on a Cup contender, he can dupe some team into giving him one last payday.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Richards is coming off an enormous buyout. He's betting on himself that by taking one year to pad his stats on a Cup contender, he can dupe some team into giving him one last payday.

He is better than Handzus by a mile of dumbass Score is Doomed posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Bowman is sly like a fox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:07 am 

pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

He is better than Handzus by a mile of dumbass Score is Doomed posts.

Offensively, no question. I don't know how much work he does shorthanded. Granted, Handzus was even faltering on the kill by the end. We'll have to lean very heavily on Kruger and Smith for that second unit.

As we survey the great leaps that all the Central teams made, I want to sort of walk back a stance of mine. I've been registering my disgust with the NHL's new schedule matrix quite a bit, namely that it's silly to play 32 of 82 games against teams you're not competing for playoff spots with. I still think it's silly, of course, but man, am I now grateful that we have all those games against Not-Central teams. Gotta run that table! And with how bad all those non-Tampa teams got, we might!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Quote:
Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa Police cell after an incident involving a police officer, sources tell the Sun.

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

A witness and sources say the incident occurred outside The Great Canadian Cabin in the Byward Market club district.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

Sources say he is expected to be released Wednesday without any criminal charges.

The 26-year-old Giroux was reportedly seen inside a police cruiser in Ottawa sometime around 9 p.m. on July 1. A Twitter post by shaheed09 reads "Claude Giroux in the back of a cop car downtown ottawa". it was posted to Twitter Tuesday at 9:19 p.m.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember my 1st beer.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Would be nice to not be in cap hell and have some brass balls. Hey, Ryan O'Reilly, here's 6.5 million for 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 am 

Like it or not (I don't), there's a gentleman's agreement among general managers not to horn in on RFAs. Kevin Lowe signed Dustin Penner in restricted free agency and Brian Burke threatened to rent a barn so they could fight in it. Doug Wilson breached the agreement to offer-sheet Niklas Hjalmarsson because we fired Dale Tallon. It just doesn't happen. Part of it is about making sure Brian Burke doesn't try to beat you up, but more than anything, it's about suppressing RFAs' value. Remember coming out of the lockout when there was somehow no interest whatsoever in signing Ryan O'Reilly, PK Subban, or Jamie Benn? Hey, look, O'Reilly and Subban are up for renewal again and no one's biting again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:02 am 

Bad news for Nashville, Mike Fisher is out six months with a ruptured Achilles. They're down to Olli Jokinen and who the fuck knows what else down the middle, so they're finished before they even start.

Also, buttsore Kenny Holland finally lobbied the league to give teams compensation for losing their personnel. Now if you sign another team's scout/assistant coach/assistant GM, it will cost you a third-round pick in a three-year window. Personally, I think this is bullshit, because it's not fair to stand in the way of someone's upward mobility like this. Sure, if it's a lateral move, there should be compensation involved (I count GM --> this phony-baloney "team president" fad as a lateral move), but to hire an assistant coach to be your head coach? That's just the way of the world. This is great news for the Red Wings, who lose all their Holland/Babcock foot soldiers and can now use the draft picks to discover unheralded Slovaks, and for shitty also-rans like Ron Wilson and Marc Crawford, who will get jobs when teams don't want to part with draft picks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:03 am 

Blues pay 5.2 over 2 for Steve Ott. Pesky Hawkslayer Vladimir Sobotka went to Russia.

Allow me to walk back a little of that talk about how much better the Blues got. Don't mind me here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:22 pm 

Cleary was good for 8 and 8 in 52 last year and the Wings were all like "yeah gimme more of that sweet sweet expensive 13th forward" and gave him another year at 2.5.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:48 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Blues pay 5.2 over 2 for Steve Ott. Pesky Hawkslayer Vladimir Sobotka went to Russia.

Allow me to walk back a little of that talk about how much better the Blues got. Don't mind me here.

It just always works out CH. Take a breath. We can still make conf finals minimum. And the east is shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:52 pm 

Yeah, you're probably right. Crossing my fingers now for anything and everything going wrong for the Avs. I have this funny feeling it might.

The Dan Cleary contract is a $1.5MM base with a $1MM performance bonus. The performance in question is dressing for ten games. Matt Niskanen turning down the Red Wings really made them go daffy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 pm 

Nashville shored up at center with other people's garbage: Derek Roy for a million, Mike Ribeiro for $1.05MM. The same Mike Ribeiro, you'll remember, who has such a coke problem that a team with no money and no scoring will pay him for six years not to play for them anymore, such a coke problem that this is his fourth team in four seasons despite decent production in Dallas, Washington, and Phoenix. And now he's going to a town that is little more than a road of bars with a mayor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:25 pm 

The Panthers extended our old pal Brandon Pirri and moved him to left wing. I guess he's not even defensively responsible enough to center a bad team. No word on Jimmy Hayes; he's still in arbitration. The Hayes brothers are turning out to be kinda dickish, filing for arbitration and refusing to sign a contract having accomplished fuck-all in this league.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 pm 

Minnesota goalie Josh Harding out two months with a broken foot from kicking a wall in frustration. Get a load of Goalie Farnsworth over here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Brodeur is back. Signs with Blues.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11968 ... in-brodeur