It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
So, if I bought a ticket and had my Hawks Jersey on.....are they allowed to toss me out?

Dont know if this is really even a legal question...or do I bring the muscle???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:49 am 

Do these guys get tossed? Would have some huge VV respect if he showed up in TB on the glass with his Gear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I hate these fake hockey towns like Tampa Bay.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
It just screams inferiority complex. I like when Brewers fans give me shit for wearing Cardinals gear in Milwaukee. Those ass hats should be thanking the opposing fans for giving money to that shit heap.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:58 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
It just screams inferiority complex. I like when Brewers fans give me shit for wearing Cardinals gear in Milwaukee. Those ass hats should be thanking the opposing fans for giving money to that shit heap.

SOME Brewer fans are down right nasty white trash.....I said SOME Hawger....Dont get mad...

Been to about 50 brewers games in my life, more than a few times...5? sitting in area of some really angry drunks...that kind of drunk where the guy cant balance and at any second could muster up that last ounce of energy to try and throw a punch and then go down for the cpunt on his own....and thats just in the owners box!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Scorehead wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:

Tampa is a respectable hockey town. It's better than anywhere else in the south.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:00 pm 

Is Chicago a fake Hockey town? McDough did a great job marketing this thing...made it cool among the kids, wives and GF's to be a Hawks fan....and this is just in the last 5 years?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:09 pm 

The best hockey town in America is Philadelphia. There's no other American team in the NHL that has had the consistent support that the Flyers have enjoyed. Chicago, we know. Detroit was empty through most of the '80s (and kind of is now, too). Boston has had stretches of deep apathy. Pittsburgh and St. Louis have been heartbeats away from relocation, and the Minnesota North Stars did move because people supported high school/college hockey instead. But Philly has always been solid.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Hussra wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Hard to be a fan when you can't really watch them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Spaulding wrote:
Hard to be a fan when you can't really watch them.

There were a lot of empty seats at the UC during those years. And they were very, very cheap. Any fan who wanted to watch them certainly had the chance. They didn't though, because the team was fucking horseshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:57 pm 

redskingreg wrote:

Pretty simple, don't come back. Because there are no ass hats down at the BFIB stadium. I didn't go thru anything down there when I went to Game 1 of the NLCS. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:00 pm 

The team was bad, yeah. I remember my dad going a little bit with his brothers and friends when I was younger. He stopped when they stopped showing games. You live closer, I wouldn't cart my ass downtown to watch a team I never got to see on TV. The combo of having them on TV and being great has really been perfect for them for the last 6 years. I don't know how many will jump off the wagon if it goes bad but I think they've gained some life long fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Spaulding wrote:
The team was bad, yeah. I remember my dad going a little bit with his brothers and friends when I was younger. He stopped when they stopped showing games. You live closer, I wouldn't cart my ass downtown to watch a team I never got to see on TV. The combo of having them on TV and being great has really been perfect for them for the last 6 years. I don't know how many will jump off the wagon if it goes bad but I think they've gained some life long fans.

When they stopped showing games? I always thought they never showed home games until Bill Wirtz died.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:06 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The best hockey town in America is Philadelphia. There's no other American team in the NHL that has had the consistent support that the Flyers have enjoyed. Chicago, we know. Detroit was empty through most of the '80s (and kind of is now, too). Boston has had stretches of deep apathy. Pittsburgh and St. Louis have been heartbeats away from relocation, and the Minnesota North Stars did move because people supported high school/college hockey instead. But Philly has always been solid.

100% true. that and the eagles dominate sports chat in philly. and battery throwing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I remember when someone was asked to remove her hat...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:

Well, you could always watch all the road games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:13 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There were a lot of empty seats at the UC during those years. And they were very, very cheap. Any fan who wanted to watch them certainly had the chance. They didn't though, because the team was fucking horseshit.

Interesting, the Bulls maintained top 10 in attendance even during the Pink Floyd era... 2000-2001 they won a league worst 15 games, and finished #2 overall in attendance... I'll be interested to see if the Hawks can maintain the attendance once this dynasty comes to an end and they become an average or horseshit team. (Or maybe that will never happen and they'll be awesome for the next 300 years! Woo Hawks!!)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:14 pm 

I think the home games used to be on, I'm not sure when they were taken off. He also didn't like the treatment of players. They'd get rid of all the good ones or fan favs and then the teams sucked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:15 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's still a stupid philosophy. You want people to be fans but they can't watch half the games? Makes it hard to follow.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Hawg Ass wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Pretty simple, don't come back. Because there are no ass hats down at the BFIB stadium. I didn't go thru anything down there when I went to Game 1 of the NLCS. :roll:

Agreed that there are asshats everywhere. I've just been the opposing fan at a many stadium (including in Dallas for 'Skins/Cowboys), and Miller Park has been the worst by far. It was pretty comical to see Brewers' fans reactions when I told them it's only May 1, and to not be so over-the-top about how "good" their first place team is. I believe they ultimately finished fourth that year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:18 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I think the home games used to be on, I'm not sure when they were taken off. He also didn't like the treatment of players. They'd get rid of all the good ones or fan favs and then the teams sucked.

Nope, the no-home-games policy predates Bill Wirtz and goes back to Art Wirtz. In fact, Art Wirtz wouldn't even carry the first period from the Chicago Stadium on the radio. You had to pick it up at the second or go to the game.

There were home games on pay-per-view around 1992, but that didn't last long, if that's what you were referring to. Home games were never on SportsChannel.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

I remember that pay per view thing.

We had this old black and white TV. Small one. Some how we were able to get the games on that thing without paying. No idea how or why.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's still a stupid philosophy. You want people to be fans but they can't watch half the games? Makes it hard to follow.

I'm not saying it isn't stupid. But when the philosophy was established the money from TV wasn't what it would later become. It really never hurt the Hawks' attendance when they had a good team. I listened to a lot of Hawks games on the radio. Are you a Hawks fan or a TV fan?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:23 pm 

Really? I know he went a lot when he was young. Then life gets busy but I still remember him going. I think he stopped when I was in 8th gradeish. The getting rid of Belfour, Savard, and Chelios must have done it. I don't remember, I didn't pay attention to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Nope, the no-home-games policy predates Bill Wirtz and goes back to Art Wirtz. In fact, Art Wirtz wouldn't even carry the first period from the Chicago Stadium on the radio. You had to pick it up at the second or go to the game.

There were home games on pay-per-view around 1992, but that didn't last long, if that's what you were referring to. Home games were never on SportsChannel.

They were on gopher @ uiuc.edu, but they were ASCII files that made it hard to follow the puck. And you had to have at least a 9600 baud modem or your file would lag hours behind the real game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

On sports vision cheater boxes. :lol:

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm not saying it isn't stupid. But when the philosophy was established the money from TV wasn't what it would later become. It really never hurt the Hawks' attendance when they had a good team. I listened to a lot of Hawks games on the radio. Are you a Hawks fan or a TV fan?

I listen to it if I'm in the car or a tv isn't available. If the announcers bug me enough like in the playoffs sometimes, I'll have both on. I check my phone and put it on the tracker thing if I'm out. I'm no fan of the phone, hate the fucking thing, so I must be a Blackhawks fan.

Blackhawks attendance was in the 20,000s in the first few years of the United Center. Sports media exploded in the late '90s and the Hawks didn't go along with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Blackhawks attendance was in the 20,000s in the first few years of the United Center. Sports media exploded in the late '90s and the Hawks didn't go along with it.

Right. That's when the blackout of home games got stupid.

A lot of people didn't have the vision to see the power of television. Back in the very earliest days when TV was desperate for programming there was an opportunity for New York harness racing to be on every night. Stan Bergstein begged for it to happen, but track owners thought people would just bet with bookies and never go to the track. An opportunity lost. That's bad enough. The stupid ass Hawks couldn't see the power of TV in 1985. :lol: