It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
... to Detroit, apparently. :evil:
(not that I think he'd be that great, but still man ... c'mon already)

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/778098

Report: Chelios interested in joining Blashill's coaching staff with Red Wings

The Detroit Red Wings may be adding a Hall of Fame defenseman to their coaching staff.

Chris Chelios has emerged as an assistant coach candidate under head coach Jeff Blashill, who took over the duties of Red Wings' bench boss Tuesday.

Chelios was first tied to the position by Aaron Ward of TSN, while Ansar Khan of MLive later clarified the process of adding assistants to Blashill's staff: "Blashill will meet with Chelios this week to discuss a role on his staff, but it's not clear if it's for a full-time coaching position. Blashill and general manager Ken Holland said assistant coaches should be in place by next week."

The 53-year-old Chelios has worked as an advisor on Detroit's hockey operations staff since retiring in 2010, and also spent time with Blashill in Grand Rapids, occasionally taking to the ice to help coach Red Wings' minor-league defensemen.

Chelios played 578 regular season games with the Red Wings during his extensive playing career, winning two Stanley Cups with the organization.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:26 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
My favorite hockey player as a little kid. Even with two Cups (and God willing, a third) since Detroit's last one, that a great Chicagoan has chosen to call Detroit his home is still a slap in the face that won't stop stinging. He's like a Michigan State grad in reverse.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
"I feel I can add an element to these players that they seem to be in short supply of" Chelios said. "Showing them them the right way to beg and whine during a 3am suburban traffic stop and ultimate arrest for DUI is a skill I feel I can provide to our younger players" .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:36 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
"I feel I can add an element to these players that they seem to be in short supply of" Chelios said. "Showing them them the right way to beg and whine during a 3am suburban traffic stop and ultimate arrest for DUI is a skill I feel I can provide to our younger players" .

Seems like a Binny's commercial set up on a tee.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Chelios still owns / operates a Cheli's Chili bar in Detroit. Must be pretty active in its management, as he was on the phone with one of the managers killed by the disgruntled 17 year old busboy only minutes before she and another manager were knifed to death:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00697.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
more upset by the sham of a Chelis Chili he pulled here! Rented a warehouse, tossed up all the free swag the beer companies would give him, put in some TV's, white plastic lawn chairs...and then had a hot dog cart in the space scooping up bad chili and hot dogs. PAID to get into it...and it was terrible.....with very very high prices...almost as if it was sluggers on Game day, who charges $8 or 9 for a 16 oz can of old style on game days. $2 on non home games.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
The Chelios Pub and Grill in Geneva is awesome, mainly because it attached to the ice rink. Food isn't great but edible. Same for service.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:07 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
The Chelios Pub and Grill in Geneva is awesome, mainly because it attached to the ice rink. Food isn't great but edible. Same for service.

The service is edible? Hey buddy....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Whoops.