It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Embellishment Penalty
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It is simply stupid. I am watching Pens-Caps and just now two penalties in a row. They were both called as normal penalties on Prns and they added embellishment to both of them. So in a minute the game went 5-5 to 4-4 to 3-3.

First what's the point? Second if there was an actual penalty then there should be no embellishment. It should only be that is the embellishment was where there was no real penalty.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:47 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Real Deal James Neal is one of the only guys I've ever seen get called for a standalone embellishment. You actually heard the ref say "fuck you, you're getting an embellishment."

But yes, I agree. The idea is that the foul was still committed, you just exaggerated the extent of it. If you punch me in the face and I feign a heart attack for some reason, you still punched me in the face, you know? Still, it doesn't treat the issue at hand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
You could go with if you embellish then the penalty that caused it gets negated, but whatever everybody loves 4v4.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
KDdidit wrote:
You could go with if you embellish then the penalty that caused it gets negated, but whatever everybody loves 4v4.

THat's what I would do. Embellishment should cancel out original penalty and only the actor serves time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Because it's the NHL and nothing ever goes the way they plan, this would probably just mean teams would go to town on hooks and trips knowing that guys would try to draw the penalties and get penalized themselves.