It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Non Hawk Cup Games
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
WTF is up with a kicked puck falling into a dislodged net being called a good goal?!

The Wild got fucked right there.

Post subject: Re: Non Hawk Cup Games
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
There was no way that was a goal. Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I watched almost all of the Kings/Sharks game. The Kings lost because they were St Louis stupid. Lets take simultaneous roughing and charging penalties to set up a 5-3. Dumbass caveman Lucic. That goal ended up being the game winner. Shocked the Sharks are up on them 2-0 headed home to the tank.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:59 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Meh, the Kings don't die easily.

It's not the Stars being up 2-0 that surprises me, it's that they've given up one goal in two games with their flimsy roster. I know it's just the Wild, and sans Parise and Vanek on top of that, but if they've figured shit out, there's trouble ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:21 am 

I'd be surprised if San Jose wins this series with ease.

Dallas vs Washington would be the best Final to watch. Rooting for that if the Hawks can't get there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I've watched some of the Wild/Stars. I don't think the Stars have figured anything out. This is what the Wild do....they don't score and no Parise/Vanek is killing them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:20 am 

The Wild would struggle to find their offense if they were alone on the ice. They look terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:52 am 

Just watched that ridiculous "goal" video a few more times...Even discounting the distinct kick, there is absolutely no way to tell if that puck crossed the goal line before the pegs came loose. Never should have been overturned.

It probably won't matter in the grand scheme of the that series...

Also, how hard would it be to stick a tiny camera on each end of the blue line to help determine off sides?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:

It's not the Stars being up 2-0 that surprises me, it's that they've given up one goal in two games with their flimsy roster. I know it's just the Wild, and sans Parise and Vanek on top of that, but if they've figured shit out, there's trouble ahead.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Blackhawks have won 3 cups in 6 years yet if they were down 2-0 to the fucking Sharks of all teams blowing both home ice games you'd have written a CI esque screed on how the season is over , how much they suck and how Toews' 10 million is the worst contract in sports. For the Kings however, it's just meh they don't die easy .WYC,dude.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:07 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Blackhawks have won 3 cups in 6 years yet if they were down 2-0 to the fucking Sharks of all teams blowing both home ice games you'd have written a CI esque screed on how the season is over , how much they suck and how Toews' 10 million is the worst contract in sports. For the Kings however, it's just meh they don't die easy .WYC,dude.

Every time the Hawks give up a lead in a game the window is shut and the season is over.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Dickman's
The Wild are doing what the Wild do, and SJ doing the Hawks a nice favor by taking out the Kings.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:29 pm 

I dont know who the PBP guy is on the TB vs DET game on CNBC right now, but he might be the worst I have ever heard. Terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:15 pm 

Islanders might just put away the Panthers with their backup goalie, but Reilly Smith for Jimmy Hayes has been Tallon's second Patrick Sharp trade.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:27 pm 

Luongo does what Luongo does, Isles win in overtime, win a home game, what a concept.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 am 

The good kid Beudreau and the Ducks choking again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I'm a fan of Nashville and the Sharks. $$$ 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:27 pm 

Patrick "And I Find It Kinda Funny, I Find It Kinda Sad, That Of All My Lays, Keith's Wife Was The Best I Ever Had" Sharp scored twice in the first five minutes of Game 3 but Minnesota hung four on Lettin' In tonight. Good.

Flyers basically done. Kudos to Gostisbehere and Simmonds for willing that shitpile past the Bruins but we had to expect this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't like him as much as I used to. who's going to win that series? Is hell coming to breakfast for the stars or the wild?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Stars will run Niemi (1.94 GAA / 92.8 SV% / 10-4 career vs Wild) out for Game 4 and then clinch back in Dallas with Lehtonen back in net (89.8 SV% / 2.83 GAA vs Wild career) in Game 5.

Stars should get Tyler Seguin (73 points in 72 games in regular season) back for Game 5 as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:55 pm 

I keep forgetting Niemi is there. I like him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:11 pm 

Stars fans haven't warmed up to Antti yet. Probably because Kari Lehtonen has been there for 7 seasons now? and Niemi just came over from the Sharks this season. Niemi notches a playoff win or two, and they'll come around.

Sharp is an also-ran to the cult of Tyler Seguin among female Stars fans. #91 Seguin jerseys dominate the backs of the women in attendance at AAC down in Dallas.

Went to my 2nd Stars game of the season Saturday night. More popular than Sharp and Seguin?

this guy:

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas- ... ayers-fans

Stars fans do a "Bruuuuce!" like "Rouuus" any time he does anything on ice. and they went nuts after he netted his first playoff goal Saturday night off of the Wild's goalkeeper's back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:02 am 

Seguin looks like such a dirtbag:

I'm sticking with Wild in 7.

Whatcha doin' down in Dallas, Hussra?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05 am 

He's not half as good looking as sharp. Might have more personality though. From google images, I don't think he is better, not enough to take that leap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:53 pm 

re: Dallas. Seeing a girl from down there.

Somehow Seguin's kaner like drinking and night-life activities were too much for Boston but haven't been an issue down in Dallas.

I even polled a few female Stars fans about Sharp and they were nonplussed--Seguin it is for Stars fans interested in the comeliness of their roster.

Also made it to my first Old 97's concert in 3 or 4 years:

https://youtu.be/aHSmBwKpboY

Downtown Dallas is lively these days. Maybe because there really isn't much housing in downtown-adjacent, bars-and-tattoo-and-hipster-tonk-music Deep Ellum, downtown Dallas has become the Silver Lake or Wicker Park or Williamsburg of Dallas.

Hipsters/what-have-you mixed in with your typical shiny-shirt clubs (and pounding, pounding techno) and touristy folks and office-workers by day. New hotels going up left and right down there. Place we stayed in, the Westin, opened in December. New hotels being built and old ones [Adolphus] being renovated.

I'll prolly make it back down if the Hawks make it through and play Stars on a weekend down there. Tickets to a game there + airfare cheaper than UC playoff tickets.

Paid $175 a seat, incl all stub-hub fees, for lower bowl, aisle seats. In the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:00 pm 

Once again the red faced Bruce Boudreau proving that the regular season and being the number 1 seed doesnt mean a damn thing. Preds can go up 3-0 over the Ducks tonight in Nashville. Go Preds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 pm 

Dallas has had DART light rail for as long as I've been going there (the 90's).

It's now to the point where you can take it from the airport to downtown and then use it to get to various places around Dallas. From downtown, it's either 1 or 2 stops on the DART train to the AAC. Deep Ellum even has its own stop now.

$2.50 for a 2 hour window of train rides. $5 for all day.

Dallas's DART rail, like LA's metro rail subway system, works on the honor system. there's no baffle-gates to prevent anyone from getting on/off trains. Rather, they have police randomly get on at various stops and walk-through asking to see your ticket. If you didn't buy a ticket, you get a citation. The citations in LA run about $200 a pop. Not sure what they cost in Dallas. I saw a couple people get written up riding the train back from downtown to DFW Sunday; but couldn't be arsed to take off my headphones and ask them how badly their day was ruined by failure to purchase a $2.50 rail card.

We didn't buy cards to go to/from the game. But I'm guessing the packed-in trains meant the police didn't bother to check. But after seeing people get written up on the way out town, I'd make it a point to spring for the $5 daily card. Or at least have a recent one on you and a good story at the ready.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:12 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Somehow Seguin's kaner like drinking and night-life activities were too much for Boston but haven't been an issue down in Dallas.

Best story of Seguin's drunkenness was the time he slept in and missed the morning skate in Winnipeg, claiming that he still had his alarm set to Boston time, never mind that being on Eastern Time in Central Time would have you up an hour early, not an hour late. Between Benn and Seguin, I don't think there's one brain cell between them.

Hussra wrote:
Paid $175 a seat, incl all stub-hub fees, for lower bowl, aisle seats. In the playoffs.

Yeah, I heard they still didn't sell out. Stars games during their years out of the playoffs were desolate; market must still be recovering. Florida had empty seats too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:51 pm 

the Stars fans were enthusiastic and loud. Standing up more than I'd have liked, not really being that into either team but wanting to watch the game.

When I went for Stars-Habs down there back in December, looked and sounded like 1/3rd Montreal fans in the building. Lot more French-Canadian expats in Texas than I'd have expected.

A Hawks-Stars series with games in Dallas on weekends = Blackhawk fans takeover. Mavs might even might even make it to the 2nd round. Further cutting into the Stars paid admission base.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:02 pm 

Oh, I've never doubted the enthusiasm of the diehards. I get kind of a hipster/elitist vibe from Stars fans, as if they have to go out of their way to prove they're separate from/better than your everyday shitkickin' Cowboys fan. (I find southern hockey fans far more elitist than their Canadian/northeastern/midwestern brethren -- consider your older, humble, established salt-of-the-earth Bruins/Wings/Hawks/Pens fans, and then erase them from the equation down in Dallas or Raleigh.) I bet they have a big following in Austin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:54 pm 

Pens wing, up 2-1 on NYR now

Wings are 1-21 on the PP this series, now down 1-3 to TBL in the series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next