It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
ESPN Soccernet is reporting that paperwork has been filed to put Glasgow Rangers into administration. The owner says he will fight it.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... on?cc=5901

Also, Portsmouth will go into administration for a second time...They face a 10-point reduction that would see them head to the Championship relegation zone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:11 pm 

They did end up going into administration. 10 point deduction which basically gives them no chance of winning the title. Bit of a disgrace really. They draw like tens of thousands of fans and haven't been spending much money on players. They've been in the Champions League knockout round in the last 5-6 years and got to the final of the old UEFA Cup a few seasons back. Scottish football is already a clusterfuck without this. Not that I give a shit. Two team league. Worse than MLS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: ALL
Yea,

2 teams are the only ones who can win this thing. The SPL has benn around since 1998, and in that time only one team has finished second other than Celtic or Rangers.

Hearts, once. This is now a 1 team league. The Bhoys should be dominate for a while now.

It makes me wonder if the EPL knew about some of the financial shortcomings of the Old Firm when they denied allowing Celtic and Rangers into the EPL. Either way they made the right choice, if anything put them in the Irish premier League.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Thinking about the Portsmouth situation...I think that if u go into administration two times in two years, I think they should shut the doors. I feel bad for the fans but it looks like Pompey might be heading to League after 1 this season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: ALL
Screw the points deduction, I think the team should be dropped at least 1 maybe 2 leagues down, maybe depending on the numbers of times you go into receiveership. That way Portsmouth would be down 3 levels by now, which is what they truly deserve.