It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The Round of 16 draw for the UEFA Champions League and the Round of 32 and the Round of 16 draws for the Europa League were held today

Champions League
Matches to be played on Feb 14-15, 21-22
Lyon v APOEL Nicosia
Napoli v Chelsea
AC Milan v Arsenal
FC Basel v Bayern Munich
Bayer Leverkusen v Barcelona
CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid
Zenit St Peterburg v Benfica
Marseille v Inter Milan

Europa League Round of 32
Matches to be played Feb 16th and 23rd
FC Porto v Manchester City
Ajax v Manchester United
Lokomotiv Moscow v Athletic Bilbao
FC Salzburg v Metalist Kharkiv
Stoke City v Valencia
Rubin Kazan v Olympiakos
AZ Alkmaar v Anderlecht
Lazio v Atletico Madrid
Steaua Bucharest v FC Twente
Viktoria Plzen v Schalke
Wisla Krakow v Standard Liege
SC Braga v Besiktas
Udinese v PAOK Salonika
Trabzonspor v PSV Eindhoven
Hannover v Club Brugge
Legia Warsaw v Sporting Lisbon

Europa League Round of 16
Matches to be played on March 8th and 15th
FC Salzburg or Metalist Kharkiv v Rubin Kazan or Olympiakos
Legia Warsaw or Sporting v Porto or Manchester City
Steaua Bucharest or FC Twente v Viktoria Plzen or Schalke
Wisla Krakow or Standard Liege v Hannover v Club Brugge
Stoke v Valencia v Trabzonspor v PSV Eindhoven
AZ Alkmaar v Anderlecht v Udinese or PAOK
Lazio or Atletico Madrid v SC Braga or Besiktas
Ajax or Manchester United v Lokomotiv Moscow or Athletic Bilbao

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
kissrules73 wrote:

Bayer Leverkusen v Barcelona

David Villa's tibia will not be present.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 pm 

Bayern Munich is my non Barca/Madrid club to win this tournament. Provided they keep Ribery and Robben healthy, they have a really talented squad. I think Chelsea should advance. Arsenal might be a tough go but Spurs knocked out Milan last season. This field seems very underwhelming. Only 2 teams from England and Spain in this knockout round, which has not been the trend the last 5-6 years.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:53 pm 

Big shockers this week in the CL. Basel 1-0 over Munich. CSKA gets a late draw against Madrid. Chelsea flame out. I read that the players weren't listening to anything AVB was instructing in the last part of the match. Benched Lampard, Torres, and Essien. I think he should build his team around Mata and sign his boy Hulk from Porto and let these old players go if Roman doesn't axe him. Problem is Terry, Lamps, and Drogba are all club legends now. And Fernando. Oh Nando. Poor bastard. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:41 pm 

I'm to the point now that I wonder if it really matters who Chelsea starts at striker because Drogba is just as likely as Torres to not score a goal...What I am trying to figure out is why does Raul Meireles keeps getting a run out for every match...It doesn't seem to me like he adds maying to the team and is suspended for the second leg against Napoli

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 pm 

kissrules73 wrote:
I'm to the point now that I wonder if it really matters who Chelsea starts at striker because Drogba is just as likely as Torres to not score a goal...What I am trying to figure out is why does Raul Meireles keeps getting a run out for every match...It doesn't seem to me like he adds maying to the team and is suspended for the second leg against Napoli

You might not think it now kiss but Meireles was Liverpool's best offensive player last season until we picked up Suarez. He scored the winner when they played at the Bridge in Torres' Chelsea debut. Many were lamenting the selling of him to Chelsea last summer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
In what has to go down as the dumbest thing I've ever heard associated with sports, Porto fans are claiming that Man City fans are racist because they were chanting "you're not incredible" at Hulk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:19 pm 

Apoel made it through! Cypriots of the world rejoice. Messi bagged 5 against Leyverkusen. United and City shit the bed in the Europa League.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:47 am 

I watched ManYoo v Bilbao and I thought that Bilbao did a nice job of keeping possession away from United....Bilbao should have had six goals but De Gea made some brilliant saves...Forgot that Javier Hernandez played for ManYoo...Didnt really do anything out there.
I know it probably won't happen, but I wish Roman would take a long look at hiring Marcelo Bisela to manage at Stamford Bridge next season. I liked how his team played but I dont think he will get a look since "The crazy Russian" is fixated on bringing either Jose Mourhino or Pep Guardiola to Chelsea...I don't think either one of them will come to Chelsea...I just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that Rafa Benitiz will be in the dugout when the club begins the next EPL season.

BTW...Read somewhere that Chelsea may play Celtic at Yankee Stadium in July and also heard of a possible Liverpool v Tottenham match in Baltimore.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm 

D-Day for Chelsea. Out of work early today. Looking for a good Nkora HD feed in English to watch. Napoli scored 6 in a recent Serie A match so I don't know how the Blues will get through this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:19 pm 

4-4 agg! Lampard nails home a penalty after a Napoli handball in the box. 15 mins till extra time. I'm watching this shit in Russian on sopcast. Great quality but can't understand a goddamn word.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 am 

Epic comeback for the Chelskis. Looked like Terry was managing the team at the end there :lol: And the Manchesters went out in the Europa League. That Bilbao side which beat United is class. Some real good players on the squad and they all have to be of a Basque ancestry.

Champions League Quarterfinals Draw:

AC Milan vs Barcelona
Chelsea vs Benfica
Real Madrid vs Apoel
Bayern Munich vs Marseille

1st leg March 27, 28

2nd leg April 3, 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 am 

Looks like the semi-finals set up for Real Madrid-Barcalona in the final in Munich on May 19th.

AC Milan-Barcalona v Chelsea-Benfica
Real Madrid-APOEL v Bayern Munich-Marseille

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:27 pm 

Chelsea got the away goal. Looking good for ya kiss!

Barca and Milan drew at the San Siro. I think if Van Bommel is back for the 2nd leg Milan might have a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 am 

Are you guys thinking a Barca-Madrid final? I think Madrid could do them over in 1 game. Just foul incessantly, play 10 behind the ball and go to penalties. Bayern Munich was my pick to win the whole thing and if they stay healthy I think they can. Do the aged vets of Chelsea have one last hurrah in them? Will it be another "fucking disgrace" when Barca play Chelsea?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:03 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Are you guys thinking a Barca-Madrid final? I think Madrid could do them over in 1 game. Just foul incessantly, play 10 behind the ball and go to penalties. Bayern Munich was my pick to win the whole thing and if they stay healthy I think they can. Do the aged vets of Chelsea have one last hurrah in them? Will it be another "fucking disgrace" when Barca play Chelsea?

Do they have one last hurrah??? No...I told a guy in our apartment office yesterday who is a Barca fan that the Blues have two chances slim and none and slim is out the door...Chelsea might snag a win in the first leg at the Bridge but I can see Messi and Co do bad things to the Chelsea back 4 in Leg 2 at the Nou Camp...It looks like the fixtures are starting to catch up to Chelsea. After Wigan, they play Fulham on Monday and the FA Cup semi-final against Spurs on Sunday before the First Leg at the Bridge on 4/18 vs Barca. Sure was nice of the FA to help Chelsea out and move that semi-final vs Spurs to Friday 4/13 (sarcastic meter turned off).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm 

Always fun watching Real Madrid lose! But, in the grand scheme of things, if you're Bayern, going into that next game up 2-1 vs being tied at 1-1 really doesn't make any difference. They still need to score a goal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
And Chelsea owes it's 1-0 advantage to the wood and Petr Cech.

He was stout. Final stat showed 24 shots to 4 in favor of Barca.

Bayern-Real game yesterday was one of the most entertaining CL game in a while. Nice to have in the semis.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm 

The old spine of Cech, Terry, Lamps, and Diveba carried them again. Still, holding Barca down at the Camp Nou will not be easy and probably won't happen. I believe the Chelsea did just that in 2009 during the "fucking disgrace" semi-final tie. I remember last season when Arsenal beat Barca at the Emirates and the British media came all over the club for days. Then they went and got right proper fucked in the 2nd leg. Seems like the most probable outcome this time as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:57 pm 

I'm expecting Barca to thrash Chelsea in the second leg. Should've won today by 3 or 4 goals, but for the wood and some flubbed chances that we're easier to score on than miss.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Great work by Drogba to flop around like fish whenever anyone breathed on him in the first half to get enough injury time added for him to score in. Truly genius, not that Barca doesn't have world class divers too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Great work by Drogba to flop around like fish whenever anyone breathed on him in the first half to get enough injury time added for him to score in. Truly genius, not that Barca doesn't have world class divers too.

Barca has one diver, Busquets. One's too many, but to say they have more is incorrect.

And considering how honest Messi plays and how many times he tries to stay up when 99% of the players out there would go to ground I can excuse them the one diver.

Now, Asley Young on Man U is the biggest piece of shit diver out there these days. Drawn 2 penalties in the past few weeks from blatant dives.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 pm 

And Alves, and Villa, and...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 pm 

Don't forget Mascherano and Iniesta. Iniesta was a disgrace in the World Cup final.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 pm 

Looks like Drogba picked up a knee injury against Barca and didn't play against Arsenal and rumour has it that he is out Tuesday. If that is the case, Barca Will through...I can't imagine Barca conceding a goal at the Nou Camp and I don't see Chelsea keeping a clean sheet.

I think Barca wins the second leg 3-0 and advance 3-1 on aggragate.

Looks like we will see Chelsea in the Europa League next season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm 

No chance Barca loses three matches in a row. I'd actually like to see Chelsea get by them but they are too great of a home team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Barca chokes against a 10-man Chelsea side and Messi misses a PK to put them through. This has to be the worst stretch for Barca in quite some time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 pm 

Like half of Chelsea's team is out on Yellows and Reds, but hey, Terry won't miss a PK to cost them the CL Title at least.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: ALL
Who the fukk does Terry have pics of screwing farm animals to still be starting, let alone captain of his club and national teams?

Again, as in the first leg the woodwork saved the bacon for the Blues.

Pep really should be questioned for his strategy of trying to "walk" the ball into the net rather than firing at will from everywhere. Too cute by half.

Let's see if Bayern and Galaticos can put on an equally entertaining 90 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm 

I recorded this and just finished watching it. Holy fuck. That was some Herculean effort from the Chelsea. I'd rank it up there with the all time historic Champions League matches. Terry was an obvious red even though Sanchez milked it like he was ass raped. Then and there you know Barca would do them hard and make Chelsea like it. Down to 10 men at the Camp Nou? You're right proper fucked. It was that goal before the half from Ramires that probably showed them they could do it. But shit...45 mins playing down a man against a team that keeps the ball so well? One of the best assembled sides in the history of the sport? I was actually rooting for the Blues in the second half. I know but I couldn't help it. I wanted them to slay the Catalonian giants. Chelsea organized their defense and turtled up like Mourinho did 2 years ago with Inter. Diveba was all over the pitch putting in a defensive shift. Petr Cech must have taken 25 goals kicks in the second half, all accompanied by whistles from the crowd. The Chelsea line held through all the attacks so well that Barca resorted to playing in crosses. And Messi missed a penalty! Barca pushed everyone forward in the last minutes in desperation but there he was...old Nando. El Nino. The 50 million pound sack of shit from Liverpool. And when he scored Gary Neville orgasmed on Sky Sports. What a result. I'm stunned.